Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196287 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4485 on: August 16, 2012, 07:48:25 am »

hmmm walls? or the cells?.....
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: August 16, 2012, 08:02:44 am »

So my Axedwarves finally saw some action eh? Could i request that we get to first in the next siege :-) (pretty pretty please)..

Did fisher get bitten? if so we may still be fucked come sometime next year, but then given the fact that she's superdwarvenly though, perhaps she will be fine...

I nevertheless suggest you make use of those quarantine cells for any bitten dwarves...
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: August 16, 2012, 09:29:12 am »

Nobody was given an infective bite. CLosest to that was Asea's and he got a burised bone but no tears. the tear came from when he got shook around and that doesn't transfer spawnitis.

Fischer was damn lucky to be honest. Page after page of just getting clawed kicked and bitten in the head only for her masterwork helmet to to deflect it.

And 2nd squad was sent because of the shear number of enemies (over 100!) and got a  disproportionate number of the kills simply because they had axes. However a member of Fischer's squad felled the hive king with a good whack with his pike. Honestly if the spawn died from brain trauma Fischer could have easily butchered the hive king and his guards a dozen times over in the time she wasted making the king a total (I mean total. All he could do was glare and make angry noises) quadruplegic. SHe actually did that to half of his guards when she flung herself at them. But this is a clear example of how alot of the fear went out the window. I'm not gonna bother retraining them with pikes, but choppy weapons make the spawn suddenly unthreatening.

On an unrelated note, I had to get a tooth pulled (curse my love of Dr Pepper!) so if I come off as grumpy it's because my mouth hurts. Alot.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: August 16, 2012, 09:38:17 am »

continuing the dentist de-rail:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On topic:
What should we call our plan to invade the HFS anyway?  I referred to it as PLAN:EVICTION in my previous post, but that just doesn't sound right.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: August 16, 2012, 09:57:15 am »

Another pile of spawn fall before Spearbreakers!

Well, if you want a new name, SQUATTER REMOVAL.

There is also the Kids Next Door option of making eviction into an acronym. I'll provide a word.
E
V
I
Clown/Clowns
T
I
O
N
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:02:02 am by Xahnel »

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: August 16, 2012, 10:45:12 am »

I'm Spawn, you cannot kill me, I'm invincible!
-Axe motherfucker?

On that note what is my killlist like? Don't hate me, I'm special ;-P and so is second squad.
I take it that most of 2nd squads kills are decapitations?
Perhaps reasign that squad as Fortressguard, you know capital punishment and all ;-).
On that note, is it just me or does it sound that second squad may have saved the fortress?
Is there any royalty left among the spawn nowadays or have we ehm.... axed them all (pardon the pun, but I couldn't resist, even though your temerament must be getting pretty choppy by now)?

Edit: How many teeth did the spawn loose, i recall fisher having an unhealthy fondness of beating people's teeth out :-)
Edit 2: I'm all in favor of EVICTION, but i think REPOSSESSION sounds better, let's face it we own this map, all the way to the bottom and all the way to the top ;-)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:57:09 pm by Paintbrushturkey »
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: August 16, 2012, 12:38:12 pm »

HA! he got injured! suicide squad him when we evict the spawn of hell! PLEASE!

also, i have a scanner, i just cant get the sodding thing to work. ANY OF THEM. i am also broke so i cant buy one.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: August 16, 2012, 01:12:27 pm »

I wonder if the reason Fischer survived is the same sort of reason a dwarf survives having his head munched on by a GCS, by wearing a helmet - in other words, can the spawn bite through a candy helmet? And if they can't, while a dwarf is unconscious, do spawn still automatically go for headshots via biting, or could they potentially grasp and shake (off) the head?

Regardless, a 100 strong siege is... impressive. Even if we completely butchered them again. I really wonder just how much of our military might relies on Fischer's presence, though... if we lost her, just how strong would the remaining military stand up? I'm guessing everyone else can hold their own, but I'd also guess that whatever has the ability to kill Fischer would make short work of everyone else as well.

Also, @Mr Frog: That's the first time I've ever been called Maggie.

... Honestly, I find it hilarious. If I ever get redorfed as a female dorf, that'll be my name for sure.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: August 16, 2012, 01:45:58 pm »

So long as we still have Fischer, the fortress cannot fall.

...So long as Fischer isn't berserk, anyway. If she is, the fortress falls regardless. (and at least we don't have husks or thralls. A Fischer Thrall would be literally unstoppable. Actually, that's a plausible apocalypse scenario, ranked up there with tidal waves and comet collisions.

Anyway, when Fischer finally dies... that will be when we know it's hopeless.

Heehee, I want this in the quotes section. Husk!Fischer could massacre entire countries.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: August 16, 2012, 01:47:53 pm »

-snip-
Heehee, I want this in the quotes section. Husk!Fischer could massacre entire countries dimensions.

FIXED!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: August 16, 2012, 07:39:24 pm »

Spawn like any other enemy go for headshots on knocked out enemies. The sole fact she had a hlelmet saved her.

And I'm not proud of the fact we have so many axe troops. Like I said, it feels cheap but due to the sheer number of enemies I couldn't pull punches. If the AI went for the instant killshot period, first would have been able to handle the mess and Fischer would have slaughtered the hive king and thensome and been able to keep fighting. But because the AI is stupid she kept landing nonlethal headshots (which pissed me off yo no end. That hive king should have been her kill.)

As far as the miltary goes, if Fischer dies, it'll more be a morale blow for us as players. Because axelords. Just going to say it now,when we get around to SPearbreakers II, I'm not gonna put up with so many choppy troops. And no, ironically most of thier kills where them punching spawn in the chest, not decapitactions/bisections. And again, retraining them is pointless because the color coding is confusing as all hell. Sorry, but when it comes to weapons I have SEVERE ocd. If it says they're an axeman, "THEY ARE A FUCKING AXEMAN. No, PUT THE FUCKING SWORD DOWN. AXE. MAN. *Forces axe in hands* AXE. MAN." This is also known as compunding the organizational clusterfuck because they'll be listed as axelords.... forever. because they've used the damn things too much. They're useful to have in a pinch like this yes, but I feel like every single overseer will rely on them if even spawn ambushes show up and that's part of that upsets me. They aren't the redshirts and shouldn't be doing most of the fighting. I've had to use them more than I would have liked already but I couldn't afford to pull punches due to enemies being near the civvies (I'm VERY protective fo adult dwarves who can actually do things. I couldn't give a damn about the kids OOC and would have been happy if they'd been killed.)

That being said, we did kill or drive off alot of the siege; about a third of it said "FUCK THIS. NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE-ad infinitum-" and buggered right the fuck off the map after the hive king and his guards were slaughtered. And about half of that third got run down by a VERY angry second squad (1st squad as a whole was about ready to collectivly fall on thier faces. Otherwise they would have done the killing instead.) As I slept the last...... 11 hours, I still need to upload the pictures and such then a proper update will follow.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: August 16, 2012, 07:42:55 pm »

FISCHER PASSED OUT?! How bad did she get hurt in that fight?

Edit: Happy 300th page!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: August 16, 2012, 07:47:18 pm »

Not a single scratch. She killed two one bear, the hive king's, and reduced three spawn and the hive king into nothing but extremly uppity torsos really. I mean they couldn't even bite between nerve damages and Fischer bashing or BITING out thier teeth.

E: I was counting one she injured as a kill. Derp.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: August 16, 2012, 07:54:44 pm »

Fischer: Only stops fighting demonic armies when she runs out hatefuel, then continues fighting by luring them to attack her while she slumbers, giving her comrades time to kill them.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: August 16, 2012, 07:55:47 pm »

That makes sense in the most fucked up way ever. Seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 815