Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196587 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4560 on: August 18, 2012, 12:14:46 am »

Hans if you feel like hearing how I may have just killed Fischer come to Tinychat.

Also: Recommend DFhacking obsidian to keep frog FB out, because it slipped in somehow and currently the known effects of its dust are dizziness and loss of consciousness. if there's anything debilitating I may have just killed the Colonel.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: August 18, 2012, 12:22:12 am »

Lets hope junior is as fascinated with chewing on fischer's candy coating as the spawn.
Since the cheetah hasn't existed storywise, how are you going to explain it? Maybe as a gift from the king?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: August 18, 2012, 12:25:38 am »

Possibly. So far casualties include

Four fortress guards: All sever dizziness
three Civil Defense troopers: Same as above
Four pets: Kicked to death
three stray wardogs: Kicked to death
Fischer has perforated both of it's lungs, taken out all it's limbs and so far shrugged off the effects of the dust.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: August 18, 2012, 12:35:46 am »

So, froggy isn't killing any dorfs today. Thank you superdorf!

Spearbreakers: you better have kryptonite

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: August 18, 2012, 12:41:33 am »

She's been blasted 7 times full force by clouds of dust. She responded by making it a quadruplegic. She's also repeatedly broken its face.

I'm adding a new thing to the listing as a hypothetical: Spawn of The Fischer

A leathery hided beast with a malicious mouth filled with jagged teeth that moves supernaturally fast on four slender legs, with one hand and forarm melded into a pike-shaped stabbing weapon. it is immune to fear and most poisons and a disturbingly good swimmer despite lacking the limbs for doing so.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: August 18, 2012, 12:52:58 am »

Make it despise spawn above all other things. And perhaps make it neutral to dwarves, since Fischer's protectiveness of Spearbreakers and its people have reached such a high level of fanatisism.

I wonder if the old headshoots fortress save is still floating about the internet...

If so, we could eventually match fischer against holistic detective.

I wonder... Does the real HD realize what a memetic badass their dorf has become? She is a demon goddess who regularly challenges Armok to games of 3D Xantanos Speed Chess, she can use her pieces to steal his pieces now, and since Losing is Fun, i think Armok might be actively trying to screw over the dwarves.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:55:04 am by Xahnel »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: August 18, 2012, 01:02:20 am »

She killed it. Not even affected by the dust. WHAT THE HELL IS SHE MADE OF.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: August 18, 2012, 01:04:37 am »

Quote from: Splint, we were in a chatroom
Fischer is susceptible to disease.
Quote from: Corai
Thats just to trick them into a false sense of security, lure the germs in: then kill them.
---

Hanslanda wanted me to post this in the thread. Here you go.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: August 18, 2012, 01:09:14 am »

Splint, you know what she is made of: Chuck Norris and Superman's genetic material, and enough badassery to destroy hell by punching one block of slade. Now, stop doubting the epicness that is fischer, or be made her manbitch.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: August 18, 2012, 01:10:56 am »

Out of curiosity, just how many mugs do we have in Spearbreakers?

The main reason I ask is because in my current fortress, I kinda... decided to make some mugs for shits and giggles, and then promptly forgot about it entirely while I dealt with something else. Now my fortress is full of the blasted things too. I think I'm currently sitting around 700-800 of them, which isn't surprising considering my stonecrafter is legendary+5 and seems to crap out about three of them every second. I had to disable the repeat order so my stone stockpile can recover >.<

And just to top things off, one of my strange moods crapped out an artifact mug. I'm starting to think my fortress is emulating Spearbreakers at this point, although with a different weapon type attachment (in my case, hammers). Thankfully I don't seem to have anything worse than goblins ambushing me and the occasional werecreature showing up, seeing as I'm in year 3/4/something and have absolutely no military at all. Told you I suck at military related matters.

... That raises another question. How many artifacts do we have? Was there a list ever posted somewhere and I'm just too blind to see it?

As for the double/triple quadruple ninja, I... am not surprised. I'm guessing either the dust only causes dizziness and knockout, or if it does anything else it takes a while to kick in, or Fischer is just so goddamn strong that she's just healing whatever the dust is doing to her instantly.

In terms of sheer stats, I wonder how she'd compare to HD as well. If that info can't be found, there are other "uber" characters out there for comparison purposes - Captain Ironblood, Morul, etc.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: August 18, 2012, 01:13:27 am »

We have easily double that amount of mugs, or over a 1000 anyway. Last i checked it was nearly 1700 mugs. I'll post a current list (warning this is from my copy, and a cook recently became a legendary jewler.)

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: August 18, 2012, 01:20:07 am »

One has to wonder just where in the hell all of those mugs are stored, unless you're using quantum stockpiles like I am >.>

I'm digging in the Headshoots LP archive currently, I'll see if I can't find any mention of HD's stats there. probably not, but it's worth a try.

EDIT: That was lucky. Clicked on the exact entry that had both HD and Nemo's stats in it.

Although I don't have a clue if the math for stats back then still applies now, HD's stats (at least semi close to the end of Headshoots) were:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That damned backpack, I swear.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:28:39 am by Jack Magnus »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: August 18, 2012, 01:22:53 am »

They were rediculously high And the storage issue? Bins. TONS AND TONS OF FUCKING BINS.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: August 18, 2012, 01:30:41 am »

This was back when the level limits were gone. I think she was like... Seventy in something?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: August 18, 2012, 01:34:42 am »

Ok, so the frog FB syndrome causes minor bleeding and bruising (delayed) and dizzieness/ blacking out (early)
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 815