Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178206 times)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4575 on: August 18, 2012, 01:44:05 am »

That you know of.

-one year later-
WHY IS MY SKIN MELTING AND MY BRAIN BOILING?!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: August 18, 2012, 01:49:52 am »

Everyone who exhibited the bleed stopped the floowing day. It was a VERY delayed reaction for Fischer. She's resting in the hospital now. I don't even know how the fuck that thing got it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: August 18, 2012, 02:05:40 am »

Ok, so, double post due to the sheer gravity of this: We have our own spawn. It fuckign migrated to the fortress and is a craftsman evidently. leatherworker to be specific. Just migrated in out of nowhere. it's listed as a berserk, but it didn't even try to attack anyone so.... I think we have some strange glitch here. Will post pic momentarily along with artefact list.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: August 18, 2012, 02:12:52 am »

So, do I get it as my requested war spawn?  The voices tell me that if you say no, I should subject you to learning "the history of human civilization", presented via interpretive song&dance.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: August 18, 2012, 02:18:29 am »

sadly it was hostile Corai's likely correct theroy is that the dorf got bit and turned in worldgen. Skewer killed it. Still gonna present proof.

EDIT: The proof. A holistic spawn leatherworker. Who skewer promptly flattened.

And now artifacts! I cut off the recent perfect gem, because that's not canon.

EDIT: Ok, so be prepared, the necros may be coming for thier book around late spring. I hate to ask, but how were the majority of these things beaten before? Spawn are one thing and goblins are about to be hideously massacred by them but I have almsot no skill fighting zombies. Nevermind, 1st and 2nd squads, along with, suprisingly a goblin ambush party are steadily tearing through the undead hordes. Not gonna enjoy issuing the kill order on those poor goblins.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: August 18, 2012, 09:18:44 am »

Ok, so, double post due to the sheer gravity of this: We have our own spawn. It fuckign migrated to the fortress and is a craftsman evidently. leatherworker to be specific. Just migrated in out of nowhere. it's listed as a berserk, but it didn't even try to attack anyone so.... I think we have some strange glitch here. Will post pic momentarily along with artefact list.

For some reason, I want to nominate this.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: August 18, 2012, 09:24:41 am »

Just gonna say it, it gets pretty boring around here when you guys are sleeping or at work. Oh and Asea went MIA. Don't even know how that's possible unless something sucked him into he caverns while he was getting his arm treated.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: August 18, 2012, 10:00:48 am »

I SHALL NAME OUR SPAWN JEFFRY CUDDLEY JEFF AND I WILL LOVE HIM AND HUG HIM FOREVER.

that is all
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: August 18, 2012, 10:07:14 am »

Oh, and another heads up on that undead attack. If it does occure, there will be a squad of goblins if things go the same way. going out from the main gate, 1st was sent north and around, with 2nd sent south and around, meeting in the middle on the opposite side from the outdoor barracks. That will crush them pretty soundly but keep issuing move orders or the soldiers may not attack on sight where needed.

The horde was literally directionless, as I think we've killed all the necromancers nearby and only leaderless hordes are left.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: August 18, 2012, 11:58:54 am »

Spawn migrants?? I like it. If somebody else will nominate it too, I'll put it up on the front page when I get the rest of the lists updated.

As to Aseaheru going MIA, this has happened before... :P Last time it happened, non-dwarf Aseaheru was convinced he'd died... Then later Aseaheru falsely informed us (not his fault) that his dwarf was actually dead.    It's almost a running gag that nobody has a clue if their dwarf is still alive. Same thing happened with Sus.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: August 18, 2012, 12:09:13 pm »

As to Aseaheru going MIA, this has happened before... :P Last time it happened, non-dwarf Aseaheru was convinced he'd died... Then later Aseaheru falsely informed us (not his fault) that his dwarf was actually dead.    It's almost a running gag that nobody has a clue if their dwarf is still alive. Same thing happened with Sus.

Spearbreakers: Surprisingly safe.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: August 18, 2012, 01:34:55 pm »

Migrating spawn? That's even weirder than seeing my migrant dwarves haul giant cave spider pets inside (I didn't know disabling exotic pets would do that, I swear >.>). Shame he went berserk and got splatted.

Also, I find the idea of a bed made of a lump of coal hilarious for some reason.

Out of curiosity, just how large do some of the sieges get in Spearbreakers, numbers wise? I've only ever encountered two sieges personally (both last night), and while the first one was underwhelming (16 gobbos, 1 elk bird), the second one was... the opposite. I couldn't count them all, but all I know is there are 104 critters with the invader tag sitting on my front lawn currently. Bastards blew up my trade depot, too. Which had half of my mugs in it. Now the entire hallway is covered in mugs.

Looking at the artifacts list, I was about to comment about the steel pike, but then I remembered that "named" weapons used by the military get into the artifact list as well (hence the blue text, I suppose). Hopefully we'll get an actual artifact spear/pike soon :p

... Is that a coal table I see? Something tells me eating off of that thing probably isn't particularly healthy... And I see an artifact mug too. I should've seen that immediately. This is Spearbreakers, after all. Although I'm surprised there isn't more than one artifact mug.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: August 18, 2012, 01:35:53 pm »

i was dead. my first dwarf was named Minkot, or some such thing, who had a custom profession. he died and i was given a replacement without my knowledge.

also, whats on the mug?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: August 18, 2012, 03:42:50 pm »

I'm concerned about what happened to this 2nd Asea because as far as I can tell there's n way in hell he could be dead, unless he was dragged into the caverns and drowned bia the wellshafts in the hospital or something.

And to the question of sieges, the largest nonzombie one was the triple digits spawn siege.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Reminiscence
« Reply #4589 on: August 18, 2012, 05:25:42 pm »

i was dead. my first dwarf was named Minkot, or some such thing, who had a custom profession. he died and i was given a replacement without my knowledge.

also, whats on the mug?
Lol. :P I figured out what actually happened while I was compiling the .doc file. Your dwarf was never named Minkot - he was named Aseaheru. There were a couple references to him early on, right after you were dwarfed. He went MIA at one point, and you searched the records of somebody's save for "Minkot". Finding no reference to the name in the lists, you assumed he was dead, when you actually should've been looking for Aseaheru. Everyone else assumed you were correct, and it came as a big surprise when your dwarf was re-discovered. Actually, a few different people posted that your dwarf was in fact alive, but you seemed to miss it each time. :P Since "Aseaheru" was already in the list, you were never redwarfed.

By the way, "Minkot" is one of the names that the game assigns to dwarves. It's not a player-made name.

If I remember right, the mug was made during my reign. Let me see if I can find a screenshot......

13th obsidian
Feb's been taken by a fey mood. I begged him to make something useful for us, but he wouldn't talk about what he was doing - he said it wasn't open for discussion.

23rd Obsidian
...He made us a mug. A MUG. I swear, I'm tired of mugs. I've seen 'em everywhere, I've seen too many. I cain't take the doggone things anymore! They're ugly, disgusting... (no offense to you, Miss Bombzero) Ugh. Anyhow, Feb proudly bragged that his mug was worth 16800 coppers. However, he was outraged when I suggested we sell it... so, worth a lot or not, it's still worthless. Looks like he just wanted to be able to drink his enemies, maybe?

At least the spawn have left...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:10:35 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 815