Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196390 times)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4605 on: August 20, 2012, 12:54:34 am »

Ah, i might have missed that. I'll be downloading your last few updates so i can journal up.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: August 20, 2012, 06:22:25 am »

I got the save link up in the second post. Reudh, if you get on today (which I hope you do), please use that link instead of searching through the thread for Splint's original link. Splint and I modified the raws in the dffd save slightly to update the inorganic_* values for stones and the like, so that pitchblende hammers will weigh what they're supposed to (finally).

Splint - looked at the save. Bravo on your choice for Vanya - I'm incredibly impressed.  :o I can't believe you found such an appropriate dwarf. lol
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The hand looks great. It's actually a lot taller than I expected - you wanted a monument, and by Armok, you managed it. :P
I want to take a pic with FortressOverseer, but unfortunately I can't get it to run on this computer. :-\ DirectX issue, pretty sure.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:41:11 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: August 20, 2012, 06:50:27 am »

You said to mark a dwarf for her, and since there wenr't any unclaimed engravers, I went with a mason instead. And yes, I did manage it but only because of the sheer number of furnace operators we have, since that's a metalworking labor.

Also, glad someone alive out there. I have wonky sleep schedule so it gets pretty boring around here when you guys are gone.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: August 20, 2012, 06:59:51 am »

I'm currently watching the demons get skewered by tons and tons of arrows. It's pretty inspiring, actually. And I meant that you got her character sheet pretty accurate - I wouldn't have been surprised if she'd been dwarfed as a bald dwarf. :P It's hard to find dwarves that look like how you want them to.

I'm usually around in the mornings, at least for a little while. Haven't seen our pitchblende hammers in action yet, but I imagine it'll be incredibly awesome. I probably should've done some arena-mode testing, but watching demons fly to bits is a temptingly fun distraction.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: August 20, 2012, 07:03:11 am »

After the inital rush is slaughtered hell itself is easy picking, because a single bolt to the chest is enough to kill them, so therefore a full squad of pikedwarves led by a living engine of doom should have zero problems with the tiny groups and lone demons wander about.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: August 20, 2012, 07:07:24 am »

This is true... Although I tried a zerg rush on the initial wave - DO NOT WANT. Bad idea - had to ditch the save and start over. Fischer was doing fine, but nobody else was.

I imagine Count Splint's character wouldn't want a palace in hell, but I imagine that Fischer might... Although that might put her too far from the fortress, so maybe just a nice summer home.

...holy shit, we're going to invade hell. o.o    We're only the second succession fort to do so, right?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: August 20, 2012, 07:10:56 am »

To be fair our demons are pretty pathetic, if viciously strong.

And I intend a palace in hell to be for the king if he so chooses to turn this military installation into an honest settlement by moving in. Nothing says "Go ahead and fuck with us. We dare you." like having to go into HELL ITSELF to meet with the king.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: August 20, 2012, 07:20:36 am »

Nothing says "Go ahead and fuck with us. We dare you." like having to go into HELL ITSELF to meet with the king.
I greatly approve of this. :D   Although I also greatly desire a statue garden down there. Just for kicks.
"Welcome to Hell. Make yourself at home."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: August 20, 2012, 07:21:48 am »

Apologies! I haven't managed to get on the internet until now; it's 10:20pm and I've uni in the morning, so I don't think I could get anything but a pre-update update done tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm downloading the save, but I'll be in St Albans until about 5pm... so probably no update tomorrow. That reminds me, gotta do the first Watchedgleams update too. D:

It IS 34.11, right?

FAKEDIT: it's in the title, derp.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: August 20, 2012, 07:36:33 am »

Yay, Reudh! Glad to see you back!   Make sure you get the dffd save, and yeah, it's 34.11. Don't worry if it takes you a day or two to get the first update out.  Looking forwards to your reign. :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: August 20, 2012, 07:40:10 am »

Apologies! I haven't managed to get on the internet until now; it's 10:20pm and I've uni in the morning, so I don't think I could get anything but a pre-update update done tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm downloading the save, but I'll be in St Albans until about 5pm... so probably no update tomorrow. That reminds me, gotta do the first Watchedgleams update too. D:

It IS 34.11, right?

FAKEDIT: it's in the title, derp.
Alrighty, I'll update the OP saying you're working on it. Just keep us posted.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: August 20, 2012, 07:43:19 am »

...Splint? 4400 mugs? :o   And all the hallways and walls are smoothed, and you built a freaking ton of stone constructions... how did you manage all of this in just one year?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: August 20, 2012, 07:53:07 am »

Most of the supplies were close to where they were needed, and I employed alot of dwarves in multiple needed professions. I think I remembered to switch the majority back off, but then I don't even know how I did it either (Although deactivating two squads helped substantially.)

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: August 20, 2012, 08:12:55 am »

...Splint? 4400 mugs? :o   And all the hallways and walls are smoothed, and you built a freaking ton of stone constructions... how did you manage all of this in just one year?

He cheated (that is removed all the garbage from outside, rather than using dwarves to do so...) ..... nuff said ....
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: August 20, 2012, 08:27:17 am »

hey, if I didn't FPS would have been worse than it already is. Honestly much crap needs to be atmosmashed or sold/given away to the humans and dwarves (because tose stupid elves won't take wood bins, the fuckin' jerks.)

And I got permission to autodump the damn remains. everything from the sieges can be easily cleaned up once marked for dumping but two magma related deaths occured in the process from magma mist (how anything can make magma splash is beyond me.)

And to repeat.

Most of the supplies were close to where they were needed, and I employed alot of dwarves in multiple needed professions. I think I remembered to switch the majority back off, but then I don't even know how I did it either (Although deactivating two squads helped substantially.)

Said squads helped alot, but they still spent almost as much time running solo drills as they did working.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 815