Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178423 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5160 on: September 05, 2012, 06:34:52 pm »

Just want to let everyone know I'm still here, I just don't post if I have nothing to say.

Welcome, Tomio!  Don't worry about if Mr Frog drugged the snack-bar, you'll build up tolerance eventually.

AFAIK wild animals don't breed if the only available animals are both wild.
Same with the animal men, I've never ever had an animal man announcement of birth.

Actually, they can.  In one 40d fort I had, a group of elephants stayed on the map for over a year before I managed to capture them, and eventually had babies.  And yes, I had yet to capture any elephants at all when it happened.  I think it usually doesn't happen because most animals die/get captured/walk off the map before it can happen.

I think at this point most migrants are sent here due to the original catch-22 ("There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.), if you replace "fly more missions" with "go to Spearbreakers."

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: September 05, 2012, 11:27:41 pm »

If anyone is on who has my number and is bored, i'm bored as well. Sorry for being off topic, but...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: September 06, 2012, 03:22:59 am »

I found this comic Niccolo linked in another thread humerous, and felt what the muse said would fit a dorf nicely. I'll put it thusly, as the image in my head is funny. Here it is, but eh.... I wouldn't chance reading any others.

"Alright ye greenskinned little shits, which one a ya wants to have thier balls lopped off and used fer emu  huntin' first!?" - Sergeant-Major Paintbrushturkey of 2nd Squad, directed at a soon to be very dead goblin strike force.

And yes, he got a promotion simply because, while I disapprove of the reliance we seem to have on them which we shouldn't due to a slight imbalance against the spawn (shut up, they aren't being rearmed, they're too far gone with thier axes to ever be listed as pikedwarves in this fort's lifetime) I now have an image of him in my head combining that troll slaying warhammer dwarf and a hardass biker, which to me is epic.

Many a foe would mistake his massive mohawk to be the most epic fucking helmet plumage ever, and his horsehoe mustache would be renown amongst dwarves as the most intimidating form of 'stache. - Unknown historian on Paintbrushturkey the axelord.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: September 06, 2012, 07:40:57 am »

Great journal, Tomio! You'll fit in nicely. lol    And Xahnel - can't wait to see the art.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: September 06, 2012, 07:59:14 am »

Update with images this time coming tomorrow. In the meantime:

"Splint, Rose... I had an idea regarding Softa and Ashsaber. Talvi mentioned that the spawn might have their consciousness still inside them from when they transformed... So I thought that talking to them might be nice for them. Fischer's already done this a few times... so if Fischer believes they can hear him, I think that she's right. We can view the spawn safely from the long-drop above them, right? I think it might be nice for them to see you talking to them, Splint, as you were friends with them... before."

As I headed back to my room, Bloodeyes screamed out loud, then rushed to a mason's workshops down in the depths. He's hard at work still gathering everything... I also ordered No-Hair, Rodge, Solpyr, AussieEvil and Rochia to excavate some more stone, because our supplies for some stones are dipping below the hundreds.
I came and watched them dig, which they didn't seem to like. Can't think why. We hit a nice vein of gypsum, and suddenly inspiration struck me.

"An extra drink to the first one to find me a rose quartz!"

At this incentive, they all dug doubly fast. Solpyr found me one, just one, in the gypsum vein some metres in, and so I told him to go get his well-earned drink.

Rose will love me for this.
So, the plan is: I will go to a jeweler, and get them to cut it for me, and then I shall present it to my dear. She cannot help but fall for me... 'tis a beautiful piece of rock, this one.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: September 06, 2012, 08:10:34 am »

Oh god.... I can only imagine how badly that'll go.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: September 06, 2012, 09:42:11 am »

Actually, that's quite a good idea, reudh. Especially if it's mounted in rose gold. A ruby would be even better. She won't fall for him, but he will be elevated from stalker.

Rose loves gifts, no matter who they are from. They make her feel accepted.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:19:46 am by Xahnel »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: September 06, 2012, 10:09:16 am »

I can totally see Talvi wanting to dress Softa and Ashsaber up to have a tea party with them... lol

And I liked Stalker Reudh. :( Oh well. The rose quartz and rose gold is a nice gesture. :P
But I REALLY like the idea of Rose falling for her stalker. :D  Hate that you vetoed it.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: September 06, 2012, 10:19:54 am »

ARTS!

As a sprite artist, and with Mr Frog's ever changing mood, i figured it would be good for the rest of us if we knew the mood he was in. Thus I present, the many moods of Mr Frog ('s sprite frog avatar.)

Normal/Happy:

This one has no change, only posted for posterity.

Annoyed:

Angry:

Sad:

Disturbed:

Raging:

Intrigued:

Sarcastic:

Very Happy:

"Let's get dangerous.":

"Wat.":

Mr Frog has gone stark raving mad!:

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: September 06, 2012, 10:31:13 am »

Annoyed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I lol'd. :P This is awesome.

Intrigued:
I think he looks kinda sick here... He's missing an eyelid, by the way.

Sarcastic:
"OOH! FOR ME?!?! :D"

Mr Frog has gone stark raving mad!:
"Awwwwww, whosawiddlebirdie? Whosawiddlewubbawubbacutesywootsywoo?"

Absolutely awesome, Xahnel. Makes me wish I had a pixellated avatar. Unfortunately, the only pixellated avatar I've ever had I converted from pixel art to something smoother:

and yes, I made it myself. so it's awful.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: September 06, 2012, 10:34:26 am »

The intrigued is supposed to look like he's missing an eyelid, because you lower one eyebrow and raise the other.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: September 06, 2012, 12:49:01 pm »

Cool, one for each of my various personalities.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: September 06, 2012, 01:06:08 pm »

I'd hoped you'd like them, i'm glad you do. Feel free to use them. I'm considering another few, smug, and happy evil.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: September 06, 2012, 02:15:07 pm »

Cool, one for each of my various personalities.
O_O Split personality x12!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:22:38 pm by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: September 06, 2012, 02:22:05 pm »

And so the madness spreads.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 815