Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2173561 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5865 on: October 07, 2012, 05:23:38 pm »

I guess I do need to say it: Anyone else think it's awesome we pissed off a bunch of death machines this much?

I still think they just want Fischer's autograph. But they don't know that Fischer signs her name with her pike. And signs her name on their face.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: October 07, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »

I very much don't like the looks of this.  :o Holy shit, when Reudh has the shit hit the fan, it really hits the fan.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: October 07, 2012, 05:29:28 pm »

So long as they're broken up we should be able to give'em a good stompin'.And if worse comes to worse, the civil defense corps can be called upon to cripple some of the spawn and withdraw.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: October 07, 2012, 05:31:00 pm »

So long as they're broken up we should be able to give'em a good stompin'.And if worse comes to worse, the civil defense corps can be called upon to cripple some of the spawn and withdraw.
Aren't those... marksdwarves? :-\

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: October 07, 2012, 05:36:03 pm »

Hey all they need to do is slow them down until the first group is killed off. Not like they can kill them anyway save for a lucky shot.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: October 07, 2012, 05:42:50 pm »

Yeah... I think we're screwed, now. I feel bad for whoever goes next.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: October 07, 2012, 06:10:17 pm »

13th Obsidian 208: Siege!

I drew off about half the spawn force by opening up the back entrance; half their force started running down the tunnel, which I then blocked off again. Thankfully I had someone manning the lever; if no one had obeyed the instant I ordered the lever pulled, my gambit would've failed. That's drawn away and stalled about 20 spawn.

I've ordered Fischer and Paintbrushturkey's squad into place just outside. I sealed off Fischer's Iron Barracks, so they can't enter via there.

Splint tapped me on the shoulder and requested that I also send Civil Defense 1 and 2 to the towers. I also got Third Squad Second Company to head up to the towers too. Hopefully we can cripple the advancing spawn before they engage Fischer's squad.

Varn and Mekkia are the first to fire. Mekkia goes wide, and Varn's bolt would have hit if the bloody spawn didn't dodge it.

Fischer becomes attached to her hood.
I'm not going to be able to write much in this journal if i want to record this: so... it's gonna be thick and fast.

Gedor Shutrelic is the first spawn to arrive at Spearbreakers. Fast little bastard he is. Head of one of the squads. He's fired upon but dodges every bolt.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:18:14 pm by Reudh »

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: October 07, 2012, 07:29:20 pm »

So... on a scale of 1-10, how badly do you estimate we're screwed this time?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: October 07, 2012, 07:32:31 pm »

I'd say....6. In tinychat basically getting a blow by blow. Some poor fool named Domas got iced by a lucky claw.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: October 07, 2012, 07:59:14 pm »

14th Obsidian 208: Siege!

The marksdwarves fire carefully, but the Spawn dodge with ease. Jack Magnus is the first to engage a Spawn in melee, backed up by Fischer. Jack cuts off the elite spawn's foot, making it fall. It swipes at him but he nimbly jumps away and takes off its arm.
Fischer joins him, and performs martial dentistry.
Terrahex and Mekkia help them by peppering the spawn with bolts.

The second Spawn joins in, and is paid with a shattered upper body for its troubles by Fischer. Jack and Tenshedstagshil are cutting limbs off like a blender.

Fischer causes a spawn to enrage, then severs its arms. Another spawn joins in.
The rest of Squad 1, 2 and 3 move in.

Jack barely dodges a move, then gets knocked over by a spawn that's frothing blood and fuming. Awl joins in to help him. Klikit and Lor fire fruitlessly. Mekkia scores a hit, which would kill any normal being.
Mincer and Kramar hang back.

Fischer scratches one in the tongue, which tears apart its cheek. Klikit breaks a Spawn's leg with a bolt. Fischer blocks a barrage of attacks before punishing the spawn who launched the attacks with a chop to the face. Paintbrushturkey just about bisects one's skull, which doesn't kill it. Kramar punches, but misses. Mincer hangs back.

A huge Elite Wrestler spawn faces Fischer. Fischer stands strong, and with her are Skitara, Awl and Dauros. Draignean and Niccolo fight another.

A spawn is captured. The spawn who Klikit shot is being used for target practice.

Many spawn die to Squad 1, 2 and 3's axes and pikes.

It's all going well; no injuries. And then:

Domas Aknunfeb Ramoltakuth Kogan has been struck down.
Domas was doing just as well as anyone else, but a lucky strike from a spawn tore her brains out.

Rochia happily peppers a crippled spawn with bolts. Banai decides to join in. Corai misses with all six of his shots.

Fischer and Dauros barely dodge several hits.

Besides the death of Domas, the battle's going much better than the last one. Anri II almost hits the heart of a spawn.

Draignean plows into three spawn and scatters them like bowling pins. Fischer dodges another attack and neatly severs its head.

Skewer barely dodges some hits. Dauros gets into the swing of things.

Draignean uses a Spawn as a punching bag.

Banai joins in finally and shoots at random. Jack Magnus staggers back a few steps, blood gushing out of his back. He drops his shield and Tenshedstagshil, and uselessly throws himself at the spawn but bounces off.

My friend....

His entire squad leap to his defence and surround the broken dwarf. Jack attempts to crawl away, and gets a decent way. He looks bad; his entire lower body hangs useless. He gasps and growls soundlessly.

Skitara follows him and starts laying into the crippled spawn following the quadriplegic Jack.

Jack bumps into another spawn, who bites him. Jack breaks free, his squad clean up the spawn chasing him.

Jack Magnus, my friend... I hope you make it.

Crippled and dying, Jack rolls and drags himself painfully and slowly toward Spearbreakers. He looks up at the gate, smiles, and dies.

Jack Magnus the Ordered Fight has suffocated.

Why... why did Jack have to die?

The spawn inside the gate are all dead now. Squad 2 and 3 return to their original spots. I order Fischer's squad to take care of the four remaining Spawn, when...

The Minotaur Child Eb Ritasgeb has come!

Awww, lookit the little baby minitaur.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: October 07, 2012, 08:13:00 pm »

21st Obsidian 208
The siege is broken, but my friend Jack is dead.

I'll never forget how he alone reached out to me when I was sad. He gave me a statue... which was weird indeed, but it was a nice gesture.

I've cancelled the alarm. The Minotaur Child was just about ripped in two by Dauros. Fischer didn't think it was worth her time.

Slabs for Domas and Jack are being made.

Oh... such a sadness I feel. I know now I must leave Spearbreakers... it's like a beacon to the spawn.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: October 07, 2012, 10:23:56 pm »

Holy shit.

I can't believe Jack Magnus died... o.O That's... whoa. Splint, do you still think axes are overkill? Even with the marksdwarves, we can't hold off the Spawn. They're coming for us... and there's nothing we can do.

Turtling sounds wiser all the time.

Poor Jack Magnus. :(

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: October 07, 2012, 10:45:13 pm »

Jack was one axedwarf compared to having 12 axelords out at once (with 1st and 2nd deployed.) Most of our axedwarves died or were horribly crippled anyway int he seige before. Just means we need to enact a recruitment drive (and I hate to say it, but we might need that god forsaken room again to maintain the same level of quality. This saddens me.)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: October 07, 2012, 10:49:57 pm »

Whoa. This will bring sadness to Story!Spearbreakers.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: October 08, 2012, 03:57:41 am »

Wait... Jack died....

Pardon me while I go brush up on my T.A.G Architecture, I have a feeling that Spearbreaker might need a "BATTERY" or four to power something to stop the spawn.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 815