Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2173524 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5895 on: October 08, 2012, 06:08:04 pm »

What ever happened to the idea of my dwarf's will continuing to screw your dwarf over?  Did you forget, or just not get to it?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: October 08, 2012, 06:20:19 pm »

I would think it would take the debt collectors some time to arrive at Spearbreakers, and Dorf!Reudh is staying until the next human caravan. I'll get around to it partway through (iirc) Karakzon's turn.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: October 08, 2012, 07:28:07 pm »

And so, the end of the reign of Lord Reuhd has come. Wildly unpopular with the dwarves of Spearbreakers, will history look kindly upon this dwarf? Only time will tell. Now begins the wait for the new overseer to step up to the plate. Will he hit a home run, or strike out? Will the pitcher continue throwing spawn curveballs? Will Fischer be recognized as a living goddess of war? Will Draignean ever figure out that a punch to the nose isn't a good thing?

Find out on the next exciting episode of SPEEEARBREAKEEERS!!!

EDIT: That should be read in the voice of the announcer from dragon ball z (original american dub). With the same music, too.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:34:55 pm by Xahnel »

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: October 08, 2012, 09:04:27 pm »

Will the pitcher continue throwing spawn curveballs?

What could make you think it will ever stop?

Will Fischer be recognized as a living goddess of war?

No, as that position is beneath her.

Will Draignean ever figure out that a punch to the nose isn't a good thing?

See also: signs of armageddon.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: October 09, 2012, 03:46:58 am »

Well, shit. I got myself readdicted to an old MMO I haven't played in ages, and I come back to my dwarf being dead >.>

At least I died in battle. Better than dodging off of the spike bridge or something :p

I haven't really decided how a "redorf" for me would work (assuming I do get redorfed), but whenever there's time, I'd like to be redorfed as Magnus II, and put back into the military (whatever weapon you see fit). Story wise, I guess the easiest way would be for my ghost to possess some poor bastard, and hopefully not cause a world ending tear in the fabric of the universe similar to the Battlefailed saga. Or, just a relative. Either way works :p

Considering how many pages I've missed, I can't really respond to each and every story/journal post I enjoyed, so - you guys are awesome. That's all that needs to be said, honestly. I'll try to keep myself more up to date on the goings on of Spearbreakers from now on as well.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: October 09, 2012, 04:25:35 am »

My turn's over. I'll upload the save tomorrow, and some housekeeping memoes I'll PM to whoever's next. I think it was Karakzon.

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: October 09, 2012, 07:12:45 am »

Draconik_Sankis has entered a Strange Mood.  Draconik_Sankis has claimed a Laboratory. Draconik_Sankis has claimed the following materials.  Steel Bars, Admanitine Wavers, Jack's Body.  Draconik_Sankis has Begun a Not so mysertious reConstruction.

Draconik's Log Post Siege Notes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC: Spirit Possesion Jack really when we have soo many Mad Sciencists around. The !!FUN!! has only just begun.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: October 09, 2012, 10:36:50 am »

-snip-
Lmao, brilliant. :P

It's kinda sad to think that Lord Reudh's reign is finally over. He was pretty fun. I do like the idea of Draconik "bringing Jack back", though... That sounds epic, and completely in line with all the other crazy stuff we've come up with. :D

As to the V story, my keyboard stopped working. Reason: cats. No, literally, a cat peed on it. :-\ It may be a bit before I get another good story post out. Hopefully I'll have a new keyboard soon.

Splint, did you contact Karakzon yet?
    Edit: Karakzon hasn't posted since late September. :-\ not liking the looks of this so far.

reedit: about the scythods - I recently remembered I had the regular human sizes in as a placeholder. Whoops. Anyway, after much detailed work, basing everything on my idea that the armscythes ought to weigh as much as a human's upper leg, scythods now weigh about 315 lbs instead of 165, and a 20-20 match with scythods vs spawn yields 20 dead spawn, and 7 dead scythods.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:29:01 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: October 09, 2012, 01:02:38 pm »

I had school yesterday, so I'll contact him today. If we get no response in three days time, then.... I think Loud Whispers is next. And it'll probably be the day the turn the fortress goes under.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: October 09, 2012, 06:22:28 pm »

I would like to take a moment to brag, if you will indulge me. I have just completed every mission and boss fight in Shadow the Hedgehog with an A ranking. And were it not for the fact that an inoportune scratch erased a part of the expert mode levels, i would do them too. I now turn off my wii, no memory card in it.
I am... Satisfied. I've never completed a mission based game like that. I've beaten them, but never gotten all top ranks.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: October 09, 2012, 07:03:06 pm »

what i NOW want to read: a spearbreakers siege as told by a sports announcer...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: October 09, 2012, 07:10:14 pm »

Spearbreakers Save just after my turn.

I may as well put the housekeeping crap here then.

Karakzon, or LW if Karakzon doesn't respond:

-Jack and Domas' slabs are being built.

-The containment chamber is a bit of a failure. People wandering past become afraid by the spawn and drop their load. Civil Defense 1, 2 and Squad 3 Second Company are the best ones to deal with this; send them standing right next to the fortifications. They won't fire otherwise. Alternatively, send Fischer's squad in if you can convince the dwarves to pull the lever. Bit of an oversight, that one. I should've put the lever outside.

-The military is in desperate need of a recruitment drive. We lost eleven soldiers all told during the Spawn Sieges, and two more crippled. Move some of the strongest Second Squads up to First Squad to fill the holes that Jack Magnus left (there's another space anyway). Move Third squaddies up to second squad. Leave Civil Defense units alone; they're not soldiers except during the call of duty. They perform many tasks around the fortress.
Leave Squad 3 Second Company as is; unless you want to add marksdwarves to it.
the squad 'Returned Servicemen' is for those dwarves too crippled to be of use in any other roles but combat. Sus II with his broken spine and Uvash with her missing foot are the only members currently.
the squad 'The Infected' can be safely disbanded. I set it up to try and convince Mad-Dok to get into the holding cells. He eventually obeyed.

-Mad-Dok will almost certainly turn quite early into your turn. Thankfully he's stowed away inside a cell.

-You won't need to worry about food or drink for quite some time. I made sure about that. It would be a good idea to get rid of some mugs, be it in an offering or using them as trade goods.

-Keep the livestock industry rolling, but cage any you don't need. We need every bit of FPS we can muster. I had 15 for most of the year, 5 during intense combat situations. (2.0ghz dual core, 4gb ram)

-The majority of the fort's industry is in pretty good condition.
-Keep bolt production rolling- we will need it. Bone bolts work fine.
-And so on.

Thus ends my turn!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: October 09, 2012, 07:18:53 pm »

shifting soldiers up in squads is ill advised. 2nd squad is comprised soely of axedwarves and those soldiers in other squads are all using other weapons, and weapon proficeny seems to be a factor over all. I hate to say it, but due to the increasing attrition rate of high quality soldiers the room may be needed to maintain that level of quality and avoid depleteing our population and fightening off replacement workers.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: October 09, 2012, 10:16:51 pm »

So. Mad Dok is doomed, and that's just a footnote in the turn summary. This place is awesome terrifying.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: October 09, 2012, 10:32:45 pm »

There was also Gorefast on my turn, who was shot dead the minute he turned. And that one who migrated. They died so fast though they were just speedbumps, if that. He's a footnote because he didn't turn and tear five people to shreds or anything. Mad-Dok's relations should be looked at, if only for story purposes though.
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 815