Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2197917 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #6300 on: November 11, 2012, 02:30:36 pm »

Well, that depends. Do the words "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" mean anything? Cause I'd consider that overkill to fight Spawn. Hell they'd probably need Spawn, Goblins, barbarians, and a mess of others to fight that many great dwarven heroes.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: November 11, 2012, 02:36:43 pm »

Even if Holistic Detective herself was on the spawn side?
And i play dwarf fortress, cruel and unusual punishment is the order of the day.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: November 11, 2012, 02:43:06 pm »

Hmm. Then maybe they'd have a chance.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: November 11, 2012, 03:09:17 pm »

Nomekast has a lot of multicultural stuff going on, but even then, they have nothing on this >.>

I think I wanted to say something else, but I went and forgot what it was again.

EDIT: Oh god, quadruple ninja'd because I derped around too long trying to remember what I wanted to say again >.<

And yeah, even assuming HD herself arrived with the rest of the spawn, the dwarven heroes would stand an extremely good chance of winning, assuming HD's stats are around what they were in Headshoots.

Derm (from Towersoared, anyway) I would guess matches those stats to some degree, and Captain Ironblood isn't exactly a pushover either (Nist Akath's guards had considerably higher stats than Ironblood, though). Morul's stats I don't know much about, due to crappy memory (matches Ironblood's stats somewhat, at least).

... In all honesty, I have no idea where Fischer would be on that list. Lore-wise badassery would put her up near the top at the very least, if not at the top, but I'm unsure about stat-wise :P

In case it wasn't obvious, I've been doing some reading lately, trying to pick off all of the older "epic" forts that I missed in the past.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: November 11, 2012, 03:10:52 pm »

I'm still trying to get through gemclod and keep losing my place.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: November 11, 2012, 03:22:33 pm »

I can't seem to find a good fort to read about that has an ordered story telling thing like the something awful fortresses and Talvieno's word doc or a directory
What do you think? Yes? No?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: November 11, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »

I was talking about Ironblood after he killed the Soulsmith. He got the Soulsmiths power, remember?
Derm and Ironblood are about on the same level, and i do not know Fischers stats, but i know Morul is weaker then Ironblood

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: November 11, 2012, 04:48:07 pm »

All I know Fischer bites the teeth out of Spawn and has survived having a dozen Spawn plus bear mounts clawing kicking and biting her in the head in-game.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: November 11, 2012, 04:52:30 pm »

Ironblood killed a GOD that had power enough to give ARMOK a good fight. Enough said.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: November 11, 2012, 04:58:44 pm »

Ruling out that supernatural stuff, but regardless Fischer is probably the weakest of them. And if that guy is that strong, even Holistic wouldn't have a chance.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: November 11, 2012, 05:02:37 pm »

Well, didn't Holistic fight with a pair of gods at the end of Syrupleaf? She took out one of them, and the 333 legions of greater spawn, if i remember correctly. That is pretty powerful.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: November 11, 2012, 05:03:47 pm »

Meh. I have no idea on every little detail. I've already admitted our champion is probably fairly shitty compared to the rest of them.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: November 11, 2012, 05:21:26 pm »

even in canon, she's still the worst of them all, but keep in mind that these are figures that are near gods while Fischer is still a regular dwarf. by the end of the story she'll be a god.

btw, you forgot to add tehsid to that list
What do you think? Yes? No?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: November 11, 2012, 05:24:08 pm »

Oops. Sorry tehsid!

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: November 11, 2012, 08:39:52 pm »

Hand raising for agreeing that this place is insanity incarnate *raises Bio-mechinaical Cybernetic Arm with his hand*
Also Horray on Fischer Waking up I was almost worried i'd have to reconstruct her next.  Also next shipment of Jack's Upgrades arrived  today,  just let  me know when he dies again.

Also as Far as this place trying to impolde on itself I think we have two types of insanity a outer layer trying to impolde at the same time the inner layer tries to expolde, thus a insanity stabibility, i think the inner one is Terry, i've named the outer one Jerry.  Also if Terrahex starts to fool around with the darker side of magic it might accutally OFFSET the Technological Heavy stories at the moment Although if he gets good at the magic then Spearbreakers will offically have more Evil/Not Good sides than anything else.  (Considering I think only Mr Frog and Splint count as "Good" sides at the time. I think my best I could count for is Neutral... Chaotic Neutral.)

Now trying to think of all the aliginments of our characters have made me releiase We Have NO defined Good Guys...

Welcome to Spearbreakers, Home of The Mad, The Mayhem, and The Mugs.   *Warning Detect Evil at own risk of cranial Explosion.*
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 815