Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199656 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #6375 on: November 14, 2012, 06:36:43 pm »

The request was made to afford the others with lined up turns thier go. I'd prefer not having the next fort's roster filled entirely by people who got screwed out of thiers here.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: November 14, 2012, 07:28:54 pm »

The request was made to afford the others with lined up turns thier go. I'd prefer not having the next fort's roster filled entirely by people who got screwed out of theirs here.
Master or otherwise.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: November 14, 2012, 08:02:50 pm »

As long as Master keeps story-required dwarves alive. He's also got a mighty task ahead of him in fixing the tattered army.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: November 14, 2012, 09:41:34 pm »

Well regardless I can hardly wait to see how this will go. Honestly though Spearbreakers has to die one of these days. Though when it does it better happen to a combined siege by every single race that can siege at once combined with tons of ambushes. If that happens the dorfs just need to charge out and see how many casualties can be caused before things die. (I really do wish that could happen.)
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: November 14, 2012, 09:53:08 pm »

One of these days. I hope it survives at least ten more years. We haven't finished the canon yet. :P

I'll only deem Spearbreakers dead when Fischer dies.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: November 14, 2012, 09:55:26 pm »

We may be able to squeeze a hundred more turns out of this place then if her luck holds up.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:33 pm »

You realize very few fortresses ever make it past 20 turns right? What makes you think Spearbreakers is any different?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: November 14, 2012, 10:16:02 pm »

The characters are unstable but the players give a damn about the place for once and because of the crushing force we're being hit with are probably trying to see how many assaults it takes to kill more than six people at a time. Or to see if any enemies will live to see the fortress innards proper.

Plus I was being facetious on the hundred turns thing, but I'd like the majority of our current roster to get thier turns.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: November 14, 2012, 10:19:28 pm »

You realize very few fortresses ever make it past 20 turns right? What makes you think Spearbreakers is any different?

We have Fischer.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: November 14, 2012, 10:51:12 pm »

i'm going to need to be filled in. I haven't been able to focus until recently on reading up on this thread since a little while after I died.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: November 14, 2012, 11:02:16 pm »

There's a PDF on page one courtesy of Talvieno. Everything is actually more or less up to date there.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: November 14, 2012, 11:05:25 pm »

i'm going to need to be filled in. I haven't been able to focus until recently on reading up on this thread since a little while after I died.
I recommend starting with the PDF talvieno's composed, given how often this was getting derailed at points.  It'll definitely save you a lot of time.

EDIT:  Splintja'd again.  I'm seriously planning on investing in ninja-B-gone.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:07:23 pm by soulslicerjames »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: November 15, 2012, 07:40:59 am »

The PDF is NOT up-to-date. It's actually three months behind. I kept putting it off. Compiling a PDF with so many out-of-sync stories isn't easy to do at all, and we have ourselves the largest collections of canon in any DF succession I've heard about. Still, three months behind means you get all but the last couple of reigns (which aren't that hard to read through in-thread. most posts are short, so don't let the page count fool you).

The spearhead that The Master created that made him lose his mind has been in the possession of Urist, former military liaison from the mountainhomes. I'm considering having Reudh present it to Vanya on their meeting, though. Not sure how well that would work out. It'd certainly be a pretty powerful message to her, and possibly open the door for a possible reconciliation, if I feel like it... even if Vanya won't forgive him for the death of her sister.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: November 15, 2012, 12:16:34 pm »

The PDF is NOT up-to-date. It's actually three months behind. But guess what... it may not be like that for long. I'm currently going all-out and attempting to get it updated. Lots of editing and re-editing involved here, but it should hopefully be worth it. We're already up to 200 downloads of Spearbreakers.pdf. Thank Armok for Mediafire. I don't know what I'd do without it.

I'm currently at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102730.msg3592372#msg3592372 this post. Yay. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting there.

As some of the entries of various journals dip back into the earlier portions of PDF, people who have read ONLY the PDF will need to go back and re-skim... or suggest something for me to do to make it easier for them, because I'm out of ideas.

edit:
[I'll leave it up to you guys where this takes place in Reudh's summer.]
Why, thank you, Splint... how thoughtful of you.

Reedit: Interesting note - Reudh, some of your overseer entries are out of order. o.O
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:39:22 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: November 15, 2012, 01:57:37 pm »

Take your time with it, no need to fry your brain even worse than it already is.. And now a spur of the moment story will follow!

EDIT: Ta da! Again, spur of the moment, and I felt like making The Master's return less destructive and more.... Just plain creepy. How was he brought back from the dead? Who did it? Why? Was it Armok? Terrahex fiddling with his necrotomes and making full blown ressurection spell? Were the gods just sick of listening to him screming CARNAGE!!! at them? We may never truly know.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 815