Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199981 times)

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #6570 on: November 24, 2012, 03:27:35 pm »

I'll note that I appear to have died again in the doomed version of Spearbreakers... assuming I was even alive at the time.

Wonder what managed to off me this time :P my bet is I wandered out into the fire, seeing as I drowned last time (was it even last time?).

I will admit, I laughed when I saw (half of, effing dialup) the picture of the forest fire. Man, a random forest fire and a loyalty cascade...

In a more normal fortress, that might've been considered at least a decently amusing end to the fort. But not Spearbreakers, not even close >.>

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: November 24, 2012, 06:01:04 pm »

5 soldiers and one person, with miasma everywhere. Honestly the doomed save would have had them snap eventually and the sheer amount of death would have scared away any migrants.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: November 24, 2012, 06:08:26 pm »

I think it's possible to salvage the doomed save. Not for canon of course, but somebody could have a spin off series about rebuilding the doomed spearbreakers!
Really? Without Mr Frog, Splint, Draconik, Terrahex, Hans, Urist, Talvi, and all the rest of the gang? :P I can't imagine it. It wouldn't be Spearbreakers. Most forts are made with stone, but we built ours with dwarves.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: November 24, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »

Mr Frog means no new mechanisms.
Talvi means we lost our best armorer and cook.
Splint means political stagnation.

Everyone else was just awesome and it wouldn't be the same. However, We now know that in the event of a total catastrophe, Paintbrush, Fischer, Draignean, Skitara and Dauros are most likely to survive. And probably Corai because his in-game avatar seems to be activly spiteing him.

EDIT: DF Hack confirmed it with fix/loyaltycascade. The last remaining "traitors" Were Asea (gravely wounded) Corai (Found to be gravely wounded) Skitara (Just fine) And Marlin, who was bleeding out near the main stairwell.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: November 24, 2012, 07:40:45 pm »

Bahaha, I would've expected PBT to survive, yeah. He looks like he's the type to survive an apocalypse, anyway, what with that picture non-dwarf!PBT posted a while back. Come to think of it, it's been a while since I saw PBT around... I thought he was just lurking, but I think he might've left. :-\

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: November 24, 2012, 09:42:30 pm »

odd...a forest fire always starts on the eighth of felsite. What do you guys make of this...?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: November 24, 2012, 09:44:01 pm »

Put it out with DFHack. That's what i think of it. Or keep everyone inside and let it  run its course.

Question, if I begin writing an Alternate reality story based on the fort post loyalty cascade, would any of you read it.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: November 24, 2012, 09:45:22 pm »

Yes, I would love to see you write that!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: November 24, 2012, 09:56:35 pm »

In that case, I'll start a seperate thread for it when I finish the first Chapter. I more or less disbanded the military save for 1st and  2nd squads and have adopted a zero discrimination clause with burial just to get the damned bodies cleaned up. it's mid summer so if we're lucky, well get a new batch of migrants to help things out. And Corai's dwarf is surviving desperately just to spite his owner.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: November 24, 2012, 09:59:15 pm »

as long as a link is here.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: November 25, 2012, 10:27:45 am »

almost done with my next entry. I couldn't find a place to split it, so it's going to be a long one.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: November 25, 2012, 10:29:41 am »

Long is fine. I've written more than my share of long entries, and I don't mind a long read (actually, I think I prefer it).

odd...a forest fire always starts on the eighth of felsite. What do you guys make of this...?
Check for dragons. >.> And either get everybody underground, or put it out with DFhack, like Splint said. Sounds like a bug.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: November 25, 2012, 01:31:41 pm »

Evidently the fire didn't get anyone regardless, it was all a botched kill order. Talvieno got killed by kanan, I got whacked by Lefton (My body was well within where the fire raged,) Paintbrush killed Terrahex, Mr Frog, and Solpyre in self-defense(He wasn't considered a traitor) Someone got kicked to death by water buffalo....  If it had been a minor incident that we could blame ona barfight I wouldn't have given a flying fuck (three or four idiots took a barfight a little too seriously and now we have a dozen dead dwarves and 10 injured *insert list*) Would have been enough for a minor disaster, but the fortress wouldn't have been crippled so badly and all the plot relavents probably would have been fine or only wounded. Also forgot to send you what I wrote For this The Master, I feel bad. It took fastdwarf application and deactivating or disbanding the surviving military (Paintbrush and Dauros saved most of those they could reach while Mitch and Wari kept them fed and watered after Dauros and Doctormonch got them on thier feet) To keep the fortress at a barely-functional level.

To thos I sent it to, Alternate reality thread a go or no?

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: November 25, 2012, 02:00:25 pm »

Who killed me, by the way? And yes, go go alternate thread!
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: November 25, 2012, 02:03:15 pm »

I'll let you know when I find your body.I'm using the deathcause command to find out who killed who sine we have very little engravable space left. Speaking of which, whoever engraved Fischer's tomb is an idiot it was already at royal level worth (I had to use some of the most expensive shit I had on hand to keep my in-game dwarf from pitching a fit) And din't need piles of engravings  about the fortress being founded in it.
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 815