Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196464 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #660 on: March 25, 2012, 01:45:18 am »

You forgot to indent Terrahex in the last row, and I'd personally prefer that the stories be labeled to some extent. Aside from that, it's good.

EDIT: Should probably put further ruminations on this matter into PMs to avoid (CLUTTER).

EDIT II: Okayyy, so I apparently somehow completely failec to notice that Talvi had made a journal entry which I probably should have written a response to. Gonna have to rectify that
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:01:50 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 25, 2012, 10:52:47 am »

Can't wait to hear that journal entry - you might want to get it done before Draignean gets his next post out, though. :P Just a thought. Otherwise it'll seem a bit out-of-turn.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 25, 2012, 11:59:42 am »

awesome format, talvieno.  I normally spend about 45 minutes to an hour on my journal entries. I'm a writer by trade and I can't let myself slide on mediocre quality, so I go as far as I dare without gettting too invested. I got other things to write too.  ;D

EDIT: Didn't want to double post so...

This journal will have to be a two parter. I thought it was getting kind of long, and number 5 will probably be the same length if not longer.

DOUBLE EDIT: removed journal. look a few posts down for the actual final version
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:15:25 pm by Terrahex »
What do you think? Yes? No?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 25, 2012, 01:56:48 pm »

Excellent work. Splint is pleased.

I wonder if I could dredge up the deities of this miserable little hole. It seems religion would probably begin to rear itself more prominantly in light  of certain happenings....

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 25, 2012, 02:22:26 pm »

Lol - that was awesome, Terrahex. =P I'm surprised your dwarf wasn't terrified of being the one thrown out to the spawn - that would've been pretty characteristic of him, given what we know. It wasn't that long - I wouldn't have minded reading three times that all in one sitting (note the length of my last journal entry... that was long).

I love how everyone seems to enjoy hanging out inside the stomach of a giant cavy...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:36:25 pm by Talvieno »

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 25, 2012, 02:30:08 pm »

Lol - that was awesome, Terrahex. =P I'm surprised your dwarf wasn't terrified of being the one thrown out to the spawn - that would've been pretty characteristic of him, given what we know. It wasn't that long - I wouldn't have minded reading three times that all in one sitting (note the length of my last journal entry... that was long).

I love how everyone seems to enjoy hanging out inside the stomach of a giant cavy...

remember that he's not afraid of the spawn, and also that they barely know he exists if at all

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 25, 2012, 02:33:02 pm »

remember that he's not afraid of the spawn, and also that they barely know he exists if at all
Hmm, true. I figured, what with the brain eating and all, that would be what he thought. :P

Also, just to make sure Draignean doesn't forget:
Does my dwarf do anything? I'd write something, but I know nothing of the nothing character.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 25, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »

He's obviously a wall flower and anyone who's spoken to him thought he was someone else. Plus the migrants dying didn't leave any dorfing opprotunities.

I've realized something about this fort that sets it apart already: Most of the great forts we all know had someone die fairly early on, may 1-3 people in the first 2 years. We had not that. We had people (both of the fort and not) with a tendency to die in droves rather than one or two at a time. And this was early into the fort's life.

To expand upon my last utterance of this: Now I'm absolutly positive we're fucked. Six ways to sunday in fact.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 25, 2012, 03:15:51 pm »

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning...

Also Talvieno, you were right about the length of my journal, it looked a lot longer in Microsoft word.

Just pretend you guys didn't read that...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 25, 2012, 03:32:25 pm »

I thought back to Syrupleaf, hunter got killed in year 1.
Reading gemclod, two guys died in year 2.

Spearbreakers: Entire defense force mauled, two turned into slavering monsters in year 2-3, and a combination of two caravans a migrant wave, and a group I think nine other dwarves were killed in the space of year 3-4. Usually the mass deaths don't happen until a long ways in. Plus I don't think those places had dwarves with quite so many issues: Superiority complex, possibly schitzophrenia, unhealthy meat cutting obsession, stalkerdorf, love of Emus of various sizes, drug addict time traveller, and a guy with severe confidence issues. And that's just from the first few soldiers/overseers.

I can't wait to see what sort of mental instabilites the other overseers develop during thier reigns.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 25, 2012, 04:13:48 pm »

okay here's my actual journal entry. Talvieno, can you put this in the first post instead of the last one.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 25, 2012, 06:46:02 pm »

Really great, Terrahex. :) Got it put up. Hopefully Mr Frog will get his finished (if he's going to make it) and we'll get Draignean's next part today too.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 25, 2012, 07:10:38 pm »

We'll prolly get the last update for Draignean tomorrow. Mr Frog is probab;ly taking his time on  his journal.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 25, 2012, 09:46:10 pm »

Last? Does that mean Draig isn't doing Winter? Booooo. :'(

I've been trying to come up with something, but I don't seem to be in the proper mental state right now due to depressing revelations regarding the effects of lower-than-Earth surface gravity on a planet's potential habitability (My aliens! Nooooo!)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 25, 2012, 09:52:08 pm »

Last? Does that mean Draig isn't doing Winter? Booooo. :'(

I've been trying to come up with something, but I don't seem to be in the proper mental state right now due to depressing revelations regarding the effects of lower-than-Earth surface gravity on a planet's potential habitability (My aliens! Nooooo!)

Simple solution: Ignor those pesky laws of physics.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 815