Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2200233 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7290 on: January 16, 2013, 04:37:45 am »

I'll get back to it after my birthday. Less than a week or so.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: January 16, 2013, 04:42:50 am »

Alright. if you'd told us something that would have been nice, just saying. Last thing regarding it you said was FPS related.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: January 16, 2013, 05:02:16 am »

Yeah, sorry. I decided to get off my arse to do it, then the Australian Open happened, and I need to work there.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: January 16, 2013, 05:11:36 am »

That's fine man, so long as we know what's going on we won't skip over unless you tell us. Extension granted.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: January 16, 2013, 05:14:36 am »

Thanks a bunch.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: January 17, 2013, 03:40:58 am »

Why do i get the feeling that Vanya is going to turn out to be related to Katie.....

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: January 17, 2013, 04:09:44 am »

I believe Katie's surname is Okablokum if I read right, so  that's impossible. If anything Katie's a descendant of Urist's (I am lead to believe on her mother's side honestly,) which would explain the bad habit of insisting upon military duties. One must honor the ancestors somehow after all.

It'd also explain wanting to keep her from such a role. After all, would you want your daughter doing the jobs that have a history of almost killing the person you were given the surname of? (in the form of such things as fighting zombies, wrestling spawn with only a knife, and trudging through snowy mountains during blizzard like an idiot) :P

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: January 17, 2013, 06:49:44 am »

I believe Katie's surname is Okablokum if I read right, so  that's impossible. If anything Katie's a descendant of Urist's (I am lead to believe on her mother's side honestly,) which would explain the bad habit of insisting upon military duties. One must honor the ancestors somehow after all.

It'd also explain wanting to keep her from such a role. After all, would you want your daughter doing the jobs that have a history of almost killing the person you were given the surname of? (in the form of such things as fighting zombies, wrestling spawn with only a knife, and trudging through snowy mountains during blizzard like an idiot) :P

Katie is 1/3 Elf, 1/3 Dwarf and 1/3 human. And if Urist and Vanya married and had kids......

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: January 17, 2013, 07:01:13 am »

That'd only account for 2/3 of that. Plus Urist has made it pretty clear he's a follower of tradition and probably would need to get Crusher level drunk to even actually consider doing anything with Vanya. Plus if I remember right he already had two kids.

Personally I'm not a fan of the 1/3 each thing because it seems like a touch odd even for what we're doing here, so I just chalk her up to being a test tube baby.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: January 17, 2013, 07:08:58 am »

1/3rd is possible with mitochondrial DNA inserts. Theoretically, Katie could be half dwarf, half elf, with mitochondrial human DNA.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: January 17, 2013, 07:15:00 am »

So either way she's still a genetic abomination. (I'm being funny, but that is my view on her. :P)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: January 17, 2013, 09:05:35 am »

why would you want to give an Elf-Dwarf hybrid human mitochondrial DNA?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: January 17, 2013, 10:31:58 am »

Katie's surname being Okablokum was actually an accident. I try to invent at least half of my names (Saemin Lo Diel, Eltsha, Almory Mallarkus, Trebor, Hylcelon, Scylk, Vanya, Salaia, to name a few), and as we saw with Vanya's name, sometimes there are outside influences... When I realized I'd used the same name for Katie as Urist's, I did a mental self-facepalm, but it was too late to do anything about it.

Katie's exact human-to-dwarf-to-elf ratios aren't concrete yet, but her biological father is Mr. Kenzon (though he didn't marry her mother, thus keeping a different last name, and giving Katie a dwarven, elven, and human name). She's an odd person, given to mood swings, unreasonable optimism, and seemingly-conflicting personality traits, and that's supposed to reflect on her biology. She was basically a "what if". "What if elves, dwarves and humans could cross species somehow?" I figured that Parasol would probably do it if they could - for science, if nothing else.

why would you want to give an Elf-Dwarf hybrid human mitochondrial DNA?
For science! which is probably the Parasol motto, or something close to it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:33:57 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: January 17, 2013, 04:01:05 pm »

As far as names go if Urist is considered a hero among dwarves, why not name her partially after him. Sort of a prestige thing.

An example would be for particularly militaristic cultures having Fischer as a common first name (because Fischer,) or families whose family trade is leatherworking or general engineering tending to favor Corai or Mr Frog for a given name (since Corai made one of the most immaculate suits of leather armor in the world, and due to Mr Frog's sheer ability with making even the most intricate mechanisms.)

I'm not exactly at the top of my game so that's just pointless rambling though.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: January 17, 2013, 10:40:51 pm »

wow, this has gone nowhere whatsoever....
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 815