Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2192318 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7470 on: January 31, 2013, 10:55:43 pm »

Great update, Splint. :)

I want to mention our TvTropes page - I added a decent number of tropes to it today, and updated what needed to be (or what I saw, anyway). I have more I could add, but I decided to hold off on it...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: January 31, 2013, 11:46:24 pm »

And so the story continues!

Also, if it's not too much trouble, can you please nickname a new female dwarf Clarity? Preferably an animal trainer.

Or formally,  Clarity:Female:Animal Trainer

I can't think of a way to continue LFTON's journal considering he remembers the temporal setbacks, and the fact that Clarity now has it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:49:26 pm by Lolfail0009 »

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: February 01, 2013, 06:49:44 am »

We're back in business! I fully expect things to go horribly wrong. ;D

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: February 01, 2013, 09:20:47 am »

Things go wrong? With me? You sir know not the powah of a maddwarf Who has seen the future!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: February 01, 2013, 11:03:24 am »

For some reason, I read that in Robin William's voice. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I think I may have been unnecessarily over-dramatic in the following entry... I tried to fix it, but... still not sure.

Vanya's Journals, Part 54: Surprise and Tears
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:48:31 am by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: February 01, 2013, 11:09:31 am »

Woah. The fuck happened there?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: February 01, 2013, 11:24:57 am »

Well, I did mention Vanya thought someone was trying to kill Katie, remember, so... Yeah, they're still at it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: February 01, 2013, 11:31:45 am »

....That makes no sense. The only logic  I can see is that she saw something she shouldn't have (as in super-duper top secret  all witnesses must die stuff.) Otherwise the expense of killing some now-retired redshirt isn't really worth the effort unless the actual goal was the collateral and morale damage involved.

EDIT: Also we're now officially out of copper. Because I used it all paving over dirt halls.

EDIT II: Dorfings up to date and fulfilled. James gets to be a marksdorf/wrastler in the civil defense corps. You also recently beat a kobold to death.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: February 01, 2013, 11:47:50 am »

....That makes no sense. The only logic  I can see is that she saw something she shouldn't have (as in super-duper top secret  all witnesses must die stuff.) Otherwise the expense of killing some now-retired redshirt isn't really worth the effort unless the actual goal was the collateral and morale damage involved.

EDIT: Also we're now officially out of copper. Because I used it all paving over dirt halls.
Yep, given the information I've posted so far, it makes no sense... which Vanya, I think, pointed out at some point...   Meaning I have something else up my sleeve. >.>

Also, whoa. didn't think we could ever run out of metals.

EDIT: Whoa, Talvi beat a kobold to death?? That seems kinda... well, in line for what she's become, honestly. lol
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:49:58 am by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: February 01, 2013, 11:56:10 am »

I've made a discovery. When the whole squad is active but not all of them are scheduled to train, some will go to meeting areas and socialize if they aren't heroes of some sort (I'm guessing due to not having that motivation to drill constantly.)

I dunno why I never noticed this before.

Also: Should I got ahead and completely reorganize the military while we have down time? Also I think Fischer's in a coma game-wise. Did anyone use the siren feature on DFHack while she was asleep? Or is she really just that much of a heavy sleep since her run in with that frog-thing?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: February 01, 2013, 11:59:23 am »

I've made a discovery. When the whole squad is active but not all of them are scheduled to train, some will go to meeting areas and socialize if they aren't heroes of some sort (I'm guessing due to not having that motivation to drill constantly.)

I dunno why I never noticed this before.

Also: Should I got ahead and completely reorganize the military while we have down time? Also I think Fischer's in a coma game-wise. Did anyone use the siren feature on DFHack while she was asleep? Or is she really just that much of a heavy sleep since her run in with that frog-thing?
Fischer never woke up while I was playing. I think she's basically in a coma. Nobody will take her to the hospital, the docs won't diagnose or do anything with her. Maybe you could figure out a way to force them to get her out of bed, as I didn't really try that hard.

About the socializing, yeah, I've noticed that too. I think it may be partially because they don't have any other jobs enabled, because they always get to work in my games.

You've got the military, you decide. I'm fine with it, personally.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: February 01, 2013, 12:02:08 pm »

Well she's been awake often and generally when she's awake, it ends badly for those involved who attack the fort. but it seems like since her run in with that FB she sleeps longer than a dwarf normally should. Probably some lingering after effect of the gas it hacked up.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: February 01, 2013, 12:14:22 pm »

If I may, she actually woke up during my turn (as you might recall, as I mentioned it on Tinychat, WHICH YOU GUYS SHOULD GET ON GO GO GO GO)
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: February 01, 2013, 12:24:53 pm »

I can't access it, unfortunately. It's blocked. :\

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: February 01, 2013, 12:43:01 pm »

[Good afternoon my adoring flock! Time for another short update!]

4th Granite, 210.

Work progresses at a steady pace. Honestly I wish migrants would just hurry up and arrive. With so much c;ean up to be done Rose says recruitment has been a complete bust. Col. Fischer was also understandably annoyed by the lack of volunteers and is about ready to have me put out an official call to arms amongst the population to foce some recruits into the army.

I'd like to go ahead and reorganize the entire army, due to the general state of affiars it's an utter mess. As far as logistics are concerned, we're now more than well armed enough to arm the entire populace probably a dozen times over. Oragizationally, it's a complete disaster, due almost soley to the casualties we've suffered. We need to get fresh blood into the ranks of our forces.

In order to supplenet out forces, I've ordered a series of eight weapon traps be constructed using some of the piles of weapons too large for most of us to use. While doing this I found we have an absolutely rediculous amount of elven weaponry. Anyway, these traps run parallel to several cage traps we have in place already. While spaen will most likely just barge right through without a second though, it'll force the rest to fight on our terms, coming right down the main road if they want to avoid getting chopped up or beat to death before even meeting our warriors in battle.

[The plans. They'll help thin out the less intelligent of our enemies.]

I'm also considering using our left over spikes and spears to rig up more traps around the entrance to the spikewalk, just to add insult to injury. "We got inside sir! now we just-" The part where he gets speared would come after that. i probably won't do it though, that'd take the fun out of using the walk Draignean devoted so much time to building.

5th Granite, 210.

So, It seems I've managed to get all of our copper marked for use in my renovation programs. Guess when I have the farms stomped flat and rebuilt I'll have to use iron for the walkways instead.

I've also decided to go through the listings of our dwarves and count out those who could be called legends in one or more fields. The total came to 41 of 118 citizens. I've also found that due to his nature as a nondwarf, Iki is sort fo an unlisted resident on the official census. I've also asked Rodge and Solpyre (being our most skilled miners) to begin digging out two new levels for the clover. The others ask why, but I think it'll be a smart thing to do in the long run.

I've also put in an order for our carpenters to make bins until we have no wood left.
That'll give us an excuse to go rape the land for wood later on. If elves show up at the time I'll even give the foresters a barrel of booze of thier choice to keep in thier room. Just.... not that spiked stuff. I'd rather nto having more of my people acting like desperate maddwarves.

6th Granite 210.

I decided to pull a random mandate out of my ass today. Ban on ballista ammo exports. Meh. I forgot why I even make these mandates... I think it involved angry ferns.

Oh, reminder for self: Mandate construction of a small bank. Who knows, maybe some merchant companies will find this place a worthwhile one to place thier investments? Either way, minting some coins to grease the palms of mercenaries should be useful, and it gives us an excuse to appoint a tax collector to draw tithes from caravans. Also: need to find fresh ore sources to raise copper and iron reserves again. Klikit informs me we're out of hematite.

Oh, and No-Hair reports we've found some Almandine, Whatever the fuck that is.

[So yeah, for shits and giggles I plan on installing a tax collector and minting a bunch of coins for no reason and using some large unused rooms as a small bank of sorts. Not sure why. I've also decided to reorganize and rearm the military, and it'll take time to gear them accordingly with their personal gear (Much list making will be done.) I also have decided i will indeed attempt the preparations for what i shall call The Great Operation.]

EDIT: So, I found this rather humerous thing via good ol' TVT. I think our soldiers share this sort of sentiment.

"Today Is a Good Day for Someone Else to Die!"
— Dwarf battlecry, Discworld
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 815