Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196436 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7575 on: February 08, 2013, 09:23:29 pm »

Alright then the better question is that are there any dwarves in either the military or (I assume we must have a few) miners I can claim due to I don't think I have ever asked for dwarfing.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: February 09, 2013, 12:30:30 pm »

73 professional/part-time/as needed soldiers. Of that one is the duke-to-be and his three bodyguards, and 20 are more minutemen than soldiers.

current OoC update: Autodumped the shit laying outside and that's sped things along dramatically. Found Skewer's hand mixed in among the refuse for some reason. Skewer died right? I thought we got all his bits and pieces cleaned up.

Also: Have begun mass food production in the kitchens to help conserve space, since we have smaller food stockpiles scattered throughout the fortress. Once sufficient munitions are built up, The invasion will begin, barring it crashing my game due to sudden enemy overload.

Also again: Gave you a thresher for now Zacen, all the soldiers and miners were named or taken already. Since I need him on hauling and processing duty He'll be unenlisted for now, but physical weakness aside he's a decent enough candidate for military service.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: February 09, 2013, 01:49:25 pm »

17th Granite, 210

Lefton informed me that the deed is done. He also asked if he could take the elf's pants since his were a little worn out. I told him it was fine. The altercation consisted of two things according to him: An indignant response from the elf, and the elf being liberated of his arm and head.

I really wish this jerkass would hurry the hell up and make with the agreement making. I don't care about his family, I was just being polite! If he were one of my fortress residents, yes, I'd care deeply for his family and the concerns he has but... GAH. I'm tired of that northern baron's lackeys being all small talk for days on end. Just because he reports directly to the queen and I don't means nothing! NOTHING.

18th Granite, 210

I.... I found a headstone, a headstone to my long passed loved one Stova.... I checked through the headstones we had engraved and I was setting up two to Jack, in honor of the two incidents where he was grievously injured in a manner that even Fischer probably would have succumbed, partially as a joke, but also in honor of his service. I've asked Rodge and Aussieevil to dig out a small shrine, as she was Among the first of may heroes to die and... Well, I just-The remainder of the entry is smeared to unintelligibly-

19th Granite, 210

My report box is getting stuffed with complaints about lye shortages, no webs to collect, Rochia (with Talvi and Loud Whispers mixed in) letting me know of masterworks being  made, and the occasional reports of regular rain. Oddly enough There hasn't been a blood rain in such a long time most of the blood has crusted up and gone into the soil. I'm sure that will be rectified shortly.

I'm also tempted to also order some of the female livestock slaughtered. Damned things are starting to pop out replacements for the animals we've been killing to thin them out.

---

Yup, there it is. Must've needed to go and fetch some more coalskins.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: February 09, 2013, 03:25:15 pm »

I'm fine with being a thresher I at least have a half decent life expectancy (until well I get drafted).
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: February 09, 2013, 05:27:47 pm »

Well, due to quality needs, you'll be stuffed into a danger room should you choose to answer the call to arms that I Still want to issue (we just have so much shit that needs moving that I can't in good conscience recruit anyone.)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: February 09, 2013, 08:17:32 pm »

And that is how diplomacy is happen, children! Now let me clean the blood off Scindite...

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: February 09, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »

I'm fine with danger rooms. Well as long as you can say it actually works and somebody didn't accidentally put spears that would actually murder people in there.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: February 09, 2013, 09:03:34 pm »

I think it works properly, from my turn's memory.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: February 09, 2013, 09:08:46 pm »

It seems to be all fine and dandy, since Jack appears to have been run through it for the third time. :P

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: February 09, 2013, 10:28:11 pm »

*cough*

I'd like to say that my dwarf is at least smarter than that, but then again - he fell in a pool of water and drowned, so...

I'm just glad he didn't accidentally lock himself in there and starve to death or something >.>

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: February 09, 2013, 10:33:25 pm »

Does adamantine have biorhythms? Does your dwarf even NEED to eat?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: February 09, 2013, 11:01:41 pm »

I would peg it as the result of sufficent oxygen deprivation causing some memory problems.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: February 09, 2013, 11:05:53 pm »

I'd peg it down to Jack III going "Well, I seem to remember eating being somewhat pleasurable. Aw, heck. Let's do it."

Sudden idea:

Jackborgs as creatures who defend us in SB2. How's that?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: February 09, 2013, 11:11:16 pm »

Show of hands, who says that's a good idea?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: February 09, 2013, 11:15:39 pm »

That sounds awesome. So what would they be a caste of stronger and more durable dwarfs? (at least codewise?)
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 815