Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2198819 times)

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7710 on: February 21, 2013, 06:48:18 am »

Spearbreakers broke Bay12.

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

I'm nominating this.  Anybody want to second it?
Tomio agrees!
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: February 21, 2013, 04:26:50 pm »

I just thought of some reaction of the soldiers of Ballpoint in thier large scale attack during Vanya's return saying something along these lines.

Soldier 1: Sir, we have no idea where we are, we don't even know if some of these doors actually go anywhere.  It's fucking nightmare for us down here! There's fucking tripwires and traps everywhere, Vasetimber just got mauled by a giant godsdamned emu, And we sent Patrons into one room in the living quarters to check for dwarves and the last thing we heard from him was the word 'Cavies' and screaming! WHO THE FUCK DESIGNED THIS PLACE?!

Soldier 2: (To be said sounding sort of like C-3PO) We're doomed.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: February 21, 2013, 04:28:26 pm »

Spearbreakers broke Bay12.

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

I'm nominating this.  Anybody want to second it?
Tomio agrees!
+1

Ethanland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: February 21, 2013, 06:45:22 pm »

why not.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: February 21, 2013, 06:48:17 pm »

DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: February 21, 2013, 08:54:22 pm »

No pyramids people. This is Spearbreakers, not ancient Egypt.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: February 22, 2013, 08:28:11 am »

No pyramids people. This is Spearbreakers, not ancient Egypt.

so tempting......but i wont.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: February 22, 2013, 06:46:15 pm »

Ok boys and girls, I'm gonna try and get at least a shorty out Either tonight or very early tomorrow. barring me deciding to procrastinate like I always do. Feeling a little better so for all I know it was just a minor intestinal infection of some kind since my tests came back normal.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: February 23, 2013, 08:59:10 am »

[As promised,  an update. I doubt I'll follow through but I may get another shorty out today. Largely all filler below.]

18th Granite, 210

Seems Markerlight is out of the hospital I went to check on him and his hand injury when I had a free moment and he was gone. I've inspected the expansion of the clover as well since I was out, and all has progressed nicely.

I've found Simon has a smaller apartment and would like the chest he made relocated into it. Not sure why he even has it, but it's probably just a holdover from his time before election. Honestly, he's served so well I guess he can retain it. Besides, he did make the chest himself so why not let him keep it.

19th Granite, 210

Notification of Talvi making some new masterworks have been reaching me. She seems to have become more dedicated to her varying crafts since she was released from prison. She... She doesn't seem to talk much anymore. It's worrying, and a far cry for her usual self. I asked Terrahex about it, and he didn't seem to want to comment on the matter, only mumbling something about a book he's been translating having something to do with it.

20th Granite, 210

Why can we not stablize our animal population? It seems like for every one we kill (wether by spawn or butcher,) two more are born. Unrelated, the armory now has some semblance of organization to it since that massive bin order I made weeks ago. Now if only I could get those disaster areas we call general storage in order, but that'd take clear cutting the forests surrounding the fortress and we just don't have the dwarf-power for such an operation; need for materials aside, the forests are also helping us by restrianing movement of the enemies who seek to assail us and make the caravans arrive along designated routes. Our indoor groves can only provide so much for us though...

I've also been informed my shrine to my beloved is complete. I've requested four statues be made to adorn it and I've also been inquiring about Corai's office table. I asked around amongst our stoneworkers and Brass said he'd get to it after he finishes with a statue he's working on.

I've been hearing something... Whispers... I don't know what is, and I keep finding these deranged, and I sincerly hope simply sobriety-induced scrawlings in my journal. The Whispers speak of some terrible force, one seeking to destroy our home, kill our people... Is it the demons? The fell monster that dwell below?

Or is something getting into the air again? Draconik said he was fiddling with some chemical or another and that the results were seeping into the air. I asked him about when I saw him and he says it shouldn't be causing anything of the sort.

21st Granite, 210

Either.... Either her voice is quite real, or I am going quite mad. I know she is both interred and memorialized, but I hear her calling to me. Warning me. Driving me forward, or more accurately, downward...

Stova, are you the one whispering to me? I always suspected the hum of my hammer was you... Have I been right all this time? Are you the one I saw in the shrine?

[For the explaination of my stupid idea, click below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I dunno, just a thought.]

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: February 23, 2013, 01:08:27 pm »

Yay, I get a quote. :)

The big event in Vanya's story is supposed to come in the winter (the same way everything seems to hit the fan at the end of a reign), just to make sure I'm clear on that point. :P I have no issues with anything you said, and I'm glad the story is progressing a little more.

She... She doesn't seem to talk much anymore.
...whoops. >.> I should make a post with her, I guess.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: February 23, 2013, 01:31:25 pm »

Actually that was a sweeping statement about how in general she seems to be getting increasingly withdrawn, couple with many of her friends insisting on dying or going missing (or in the cavies' case, being used as test subjects and spawn food.)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: February 23, 2013, 03:05:08 pm »

Hmm... this is true. She used to be very friendly and open with everyone... but by now she's either alienated or otherwise lost everybody through her actions. I think she'd still be her friendly, loving self if she had the chance, but she's a bit too far gone for it. I think the whole necromancer thing was her way to try to get revenge, but that failed miserably. In canon, she's probably depressed and sulky. lol

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: February 23, 2013, 03:34:06 pm »

The fact she'd more or less snapped completely at the revelation of an age-old cautionary myth being true probably didn't help....

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: February 23, 2013, 05:16:29 pm »

Yeah, but then there was whatever Mr Frog gave her that had the adverse effect of partially restoring her sanity... And then the memory wipe... And she became part cavy before all of that, so she's pretty messed up as it is. lol   Even without the necromancer runes.
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 815