Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2192687 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7800 on: March 01, 2013, 04:07:05 am »

I'll hit you up when my phone is done with its software update.

NEWS: I miss Bombzero. The latest operation in animal control would have been just her thing.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: March 01, 2013, 04:15:41 am »

Rest in peace, ye olde nutcase. May ye sleep with the crawlies forever.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: March 01, 2013, 04:18:04 am »

I too am the missing of the bombzero. The wonderful peotry of the butcher's blade slicing through flesh... Hell, i bet she'd have made an excellent cutter-doc, or failing that, postmortem doc.
Software patches take too long. Mine at least update in the BG.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: March 01, 2013, 05:00:49 am »

22nd Granite, 210

Last night I was able to spend a little quality time with Rose. It's a good thing she interrupted the meeting otherwise There would have been a small... Altercation with the liaison. Honestly if I didn't want to place a large order for brass o we can make Simon's accommodations to his liking as a thank you for his years of service as mayor, I'd have had Crusher and Thumper take him to the old garbage and persuade him to stop living.

Overall it was actually a very good night; her taste in food is a little... Off, but to each his own. My cousin wants to live in a forest retreat and I was able to accept that, so I can deal with a dwarf who enjoys eating those vicious little desert lizards.

This explains where the things were coming from actually... I'll bet some were following her here or were stowed away in that caravan that came up from the southeast.

23rd Granite, 210

Got a flood of reports regarding Talvi's craftsdwarfship. And animal births.

I'm sick of animals and quite frankly it's tempting to just herd everything extra we have into the prepared battle zone for the invasion and let the vagrants who still haven't paid their rent solve our livestock problems for us. I also found out this brain-dead liaison was stalling because he didn't want to go home, something about a barbarian siege or something there.

In case he hasn't noticed, we have a sizable amount of dead coalskins cluttering up our front lawn. If his soldiers knew anything about proper fighting He'd not need to worry. At least now I know why he was wasting so much time and driving me to the point where I wanted to slice out his voice box.

-

I've put out an order to raise a new general food stockpile. I've put out an order for all errant livestock besides our more... exotic specimens and the emu butchered, which since we've processed all the animals to be sheared and milked, I believe is perfectly understandable. I have however opted to spare any pets that are found that have lost their owners and am putting them back up for adoption. Personally, I have found a jaguar down by the prepared site, and have opted to adopt it. I had my guards also have their pick, with Crusher opting for the giant dingo and Thumper taking a giant boar, and Rose taking a trio of dogs. Something about strength in numbers or some such nonsense.

I have spared all of the young animals as well, if only because you can't get as much useful material from a fawn as you can a full grown buck.

24th Granite, 210

If I hear one more fucking complaint about inaccessible spider's silk, I'm going to have Zulban exiled to live on the surface. I'm not heartless of course though; he'd be given a decent dwelling to live in and a means to sustain and himself. If he manages to survive two years out there alone then I'll ask Fischer if he can be inducted into 1st Squad.

.... Maybe I should exile him there anyway as a means to test his mettle...

-

That's it. One silk-related complaint too many Zulban. You should have taken the threat seriously.

25th Granite, 210

When I had a moment away from the diplomat I was informed by Crusher we're out of tallow. Convenient that the first mass slaughter reports are in my inbox. He also told me that when he first went to work on soap production some deranged little fellow named Ordogoth threw sand in his face. Crusher beat him quite roundly with a chair, after which Ordogoth agreed to let Crusher make soap at his workshop. The fact Ordogoth came out of it with only some particularly nasty bruises and a black eye means Crusher showed an amazing amount of restraint. Kudos to the big dwarf.

The rollers finally got to work squashing errant dead shrubs in the fields. Now when we do need them, we'll have nice presentable farms to show for it.

Oh, And I plan on dismantling all out looms so the others will quit complaining. There's no silk to gather because we can't use the caverns. We can't use the caverns because there's monsters there that will kill and consume stupid little mindless weavers. And you're all stupid mindless monster food because YOU WANT TO GO INTO THAT PLACE TO GET SILK.

Oh, and while I've been having the others refer to me as a Duke for my impending promotion, you'll never guess what happened my good journal!

[I actually found this needed to be proved.]

He actually got around to making with the proper business. And if that wasn't spectacular enough, I was informed Corai and Kaspa could move into their offices! Maybe by Slate we'll be done with this crap and I can resume training.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: March 01, 2013, 05:14:14 am »

dorf!Splint seems to be very... liberal in his proposed actions regarding irritations.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: March 01, 2013, 05:23:30 am »

Their names: Dogmeat, Rex, and Violetta. Name all three specific references, and you get a digi-cookie!
Can the dogs actually be nicknamed by the player? Or is it random?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: March 01, 2013, 05:26:24 am »

I know the first is Fallout 3/2 (I think.) Rex and Violetta are from new Vegas correct? And the dwarf names them but the player can't nickname them. They can be referred by those names if you prefer though.

And define liberal. I think it's pretty obvious Dorf!SPlint had become a touch... Unhinged.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: March 01, 2013, 05:38:11 am »

Not nearly specific enough, Splint.
Also, him being unhinged is a possible partial explanation of why Rose gets away with a little more than the average dwarf.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: March 01, 2013, 05:41:40 am »

I can't get much more specific about that which i am too lazy to look up.

And yes, it does go a bit of the way explaining the leeway she and the other bodyguards get (Crusher assaulted a soaper and went unpunished afterall.)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: March 01, 2013, 05:42:48 am »

'Rex' is a reference to the title character of the comic strip Rex Morgan, MD. 'Violetta' refers to an obscure variant of the violin. 'Dogmeat' refers to that stuff my mom keeps insisting is ground beef.

Am I close?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: March 01, 2013, 05:52:47 am »

So far off the mark a nuclear warhead couldn't help. ;P though i am flattered you think me smart enough to pull off such obscure references.
Dogmeat: the junkyard dog follower from Fallout 3. Unknown owner.
Rex: the cyberdog follower from New Vegas. Originally owned by The King, leader of the Kings Gang and Elvis Impersonator Extrodinaire, in Freeside.
Violetta: a Feind dog whose brain is needed for a sidequest in New Vegas. Originally owned by Violet, a Feind group leader, near the South Vegas Ruins.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: March 01, 2013, 10:28:53 am »

So far off the mark a nuclear warhead couldn't help. ;P though i am flattered you think me smart enough to pull off such obscure references.
Dogmeat: the junkyard dog follower from Fallout 3. Unknown owner.
Rex: the cyberdog follower from New Vegas. Originally owned by The King, leader of the Kings Gang and Elvis Impersonator Extrodinaire, in Freeside.
Violetta: a Feind dog whose brain is needed for a sidequest in New Vegas. Originally owned by Violet, a Feind group leader, near the South Vegas Ruins.
You can use other dogs than Violetta, just so you know.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: March 01, 2013, 02:41:22 pm »

I know that, she's my favorite to use is all.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: March 01, 2013, 05:25:31 pm »

[Here' another shorty for you guys, as promised.]

26th Granite, 210

We finally get to business. I've placed a massive order for brass, miscellaneous metals and I tell them to bring as much wood as they can, double price per log. Our storage needs are great, and while we've iron aplenty, I have construction plans for that iron. Oh yes, I have a wonderful plan indeed.

I've also set the masonry shops to begin churning out blocks nonstop, as well as a few extra cabinets and chests. I've also asked done shop be designated for door making. I've handed a request to Thekaspa who now has the carpentry corps working on making bins.

Zulban continues to annoy me. I swear, if he dies even if we bolted his coffin shut and made him a nice headstone, he'd still come back as a ghost just to annoy me.

-

A flood of more angry and rudely worded notes from Zulban makes me want to begin the invasion just so I have something to occupy my mind besides ZULBAN NOT STOPPING WITH THE NOTES. I've found the workshop Zulban's been trying to sue and sent Crusher down with a message and his hammer: Reassemble this workshop and what happens to it happens to the hapless weaver who rebuilds it.

He smashed the  work station to pieces as per my orders.

1st Slate, 210

It took four days to move the construction materials to the site, and in that time we finalized the import agreement. Under Mitch's watchful eye, the masonworkers have begun errecting Zulban's hut; it should be finished in a week's time.

Paintbrush also decided to drop off a notice that Mincer has earned the title of Axelord. Good for Mincer.

2nd Slate, 210

The production of bins works well in our favor. Store rooms gain space by leaps and bounds. I actually want an elvish diplomat to arrive so I can blatantly ignore a tree chopping quota.

3rd Slate, 210

Under Mitchewawa's direction, Zulban's  dwelling has been completed. Some meat and a mixture of ale and beer were stuck in the basement and I had Rose shove Zulban's annoying hide into the hut and  told her to remember to lock the door. But, as I am not a monster, I did have a suit of cheap mail and a sword given to him via the well I had included in case he sponges up his ration of booze.

I have Given Zulban the following equipment
-2 Iron gauntlets
-2 Iron low boots
-1 Shoddy goblinoid iron shield
-1 poorly hammered iron goblin helmet
-1 crude copper sword from the capital, purchased or scavenged some time ago.
-1 suit of iron mail
-1 pair of iron greaves.

All of that kit is either of aforementioned garbage of goblin make or substandard and likely half a decade old at least if not older. If he manages to survive out there alone for a year or two then he cane move back in.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: March 01, 2013, 05:38:06 pm »

That's one way to solve the problem. Hey, why not take advantage of his being locked outside, and assign him to farming some wheat or something? You can dig a tunnel to his feild when it's collection time, and it'll occupy him.
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 815