Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178857 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7845 on: March 03, 2013, 06:44:47 pm »

The vast majority have nicknames for ease of identification. For claimed dwarves it isn't easy to tell who some of them are, because some players went with nonusername based names.

I don't want to know who they belong to just their names and professions. I imagine there must be quite a few though which is why I can't remember half of them, and aren't half of the claimed ones that way for the various stories?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: March 03, 2013, 06:47:18 pm »

It was simply so they'd be easier to ID in general. Having four different first names instead of four Cattens is more... pleasant.

And we have 117 dwarves at present.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: March 03, 2013, 07:07:34 pm »

Excellent. How many arrived during your current reign?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: March 03, 2013, 07:12:42 pm »

None. I'm barely a week into Slate because procrastinating while sort of slogging along. Not sure I want to know where they found all those skeletons.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: March 05, 2013, 01:23:24 am »

...Skeletons?
Praytell they are inanimate?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: March 05, 2013, 01:24:08 am »

5th Slate, 210

Haha! Fischer and Draignean are among the living again! I was starting to think they died in thier sleep or something. Fischer apologized profusely for being out of commission for so long while Draignean just said somehting about the greatest uninterrupted beauty sleep he ever had. Something really must've snapped in him since he came here... Anyway, upon waking he promptly decided to attend a party while Fischer returned to duty.

I've been informed we're now out of both lye and useable tallow (as it is gobbled up by our kitchens to 'deep fry' the meats coming in from the butcheries or otherwise being used. I swear I saw that fellow trying to masquerade as Tomio use some of it to  flavor his booze. Really though he needs to work on his accent. It isn't thick enough for him to pass for Tomio.

For that matter why is someone trying to pass themself off as him? Trying to avoid being kicked in the testicles or somthing? Anyway, I've put an end to soap production for the time being. Honestly in hindsight I wish I had added a request for barrels. Lots and lots of barrels.

6th Slate, 210

Not really sure why or when I put out a mandate to forbid ballista bolt and cabinet exports... We don't even sell those things to begin with. Well, since I'm thinking about it I may as well have the extra furniture for my posting to be brought up. Not like Thumper and Rose are doing anything useful at the moment.

I also spoke with Crusher about the lye and tallow issue and quite frankly I may need to make my guards my eyes and ears around here along with Mr Frog. I cn't seem to find half of the damned workshops in this place. I've also decded that anyone with milling skill needs some milliing to do. We have tons of bags left over from the constant masses of trashed caravans over the years so I figured why the hell not.

7th Slate, 210

After having Rose check an old waste closet in the mess hall to see if everything was done decaying so we could get the useful odds and ends out, I was startled by an onrush of workers who seemed to pull the remains of a seige and ahalf from thier collective asses and thre it in there. I really ruely honestly have no idea where or how the hell they stuffed that many skeletons into that closet. Or why for that matter.

Or did I just hallucinate and they were taking the remains out for disassemblage?

Oh, and I decided to massivly expand our housing, not that we need it. But it seemed like a good excuse to give the miners some busywork. I also opted to have an auditorium carved out, so we'll have a place to let dwarves hold lectures, comedy shows or concerts. Or anything really.

Seemed like a good idea at the time anyway.

[Ok, so basically nothing happened for a about a week into Slate and much of my recent time was just designating crap. Our mighty heroes were back on their feet for all of one real-time minute before they conked out again. Either they caught something or they're glitched.]

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: March 05, 2013, 01:30:24 am »

perhaps they are just really, really tired.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: March 05, 2013, 02:25:41 am »

'Tis the work of that demon Skouro!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: March 05, 2013, 06:51:34 am »

Honestly, i think something is really wrong with them They shouldn't be sleeping this much.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: March 05, 2013, 06:52:30 am »

I think it's a holdover from a FB invasion.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: March 05, 2013, 06:54:38 am »

Well unless they caught something that makes them permanently drowsy, that should have worked its course. I have a counter to this, but I'd basically have to keep running it every time they got sleepy to keep them on their feet.

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: March 05, 2013, 06:58:41 am »

This is mighty troublesome. Having our best soldiers under a sleeping spell is kinda bad, what is this solution?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: March 05, 2013, 07:00:30 am »

If all else fails, there's always Dauros.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: March 05, 2013, 07:10:48 am »

Well, field tests suggest he's on par with, if not stronger and faster than Fischer and Draignean and merely weighed down by a lot of armor. He's run down fleeing kobolds and spawn scouts, something even Fischer only rarely does, when striped of some armor.

To elaborate, I have a fortress set two years after The Master's turn. Dauros was among the very first to come to this new fortress and is now literally the best soldier in the fortress. He actually mucked up his path to go after a spawn scout and still managed to run it down and quite messily remove its teeth and stab it until it decided to give up on existing.

For fun other claimed survivors include Doctormonch, Eldes, Mitch (who is now using a crutch,) and Draignean (who is functionally useless due to not being able to stay awake.)

Anyway, if worse comes to worse, Dauros will simply have to assume Fischer's position until she is well or until one or the other is a corpse by the look of things.

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: March 05, 2013, 04:24:11 pm »

The champion Fischer being replaced by Dauros...

Well, at least it's better than no champion whatsoever.

In other news, I got this idea of a story and a small organization in the universe. Could help with the SLIGHT decrease in energy I've been feeling.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:25:51 pm by Lennoxite »
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 815