Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2194044 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8025 on: March 16, 2013, 04:43:12 am »

Excellent update Splint.

Also, "Plagam Extremam Infligere" works so well for those Dauros sections. Took exactly as long to read, too.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: March 16, 2013, 04:51:13 am »

This assault brought an abnormal number of trolls. I think they're getting desperate.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: March 16, 2013, 02:09:45 pm »

Finished the new Mr Frog artwork. I apologise in advance for the horrifying blobbish tentacle-things where his hands should be:

Spoiler: Brace Thyself (click to show/hide)

I screwed up his cloak pretty hard -- it's not as bulky as it should be, for one -- and the perspective's pretty wonky (as is the case with most of my art), but I'm sure you'll agree that it's much better than my previous drawing of him.

Joseph and LFTON going to have to wait until I've learned how to draw hands that actually look like hands, as opposed to molluscky hamblobs.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: March 16, 2013, 02:35:14 pm »

Dang, hand aside he came out pretty damn awesome.

EDIT: I have added pages for the home country, spikewalk, Softa, and Ashsaber. We are also going into battle against the green tide.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: March 16, 2013, 04:29:49 pm »

I added a page for Joseph. Hopefully I didn't screw anything up.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: March 16, 2013, 05:46:03 pm »

@Mr Frog The new picture is definitely better  :P

Come to think of it, the Civil Defence Units could probably take the greenskins by themselves...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: March 16, 2013, 05:54:40 pm »

Yeah but that's no fun and a waste of ammo being made for the invasion. Hell I even decided to put myself in harm's way!

Thumper scored the Noble Hammer's first kill with a three shot kill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: March 16, 2013, 07:21:28 pm »

Hey, Mr Frog, only one hand is odd looking. and is much better than anything I can do, even if they ARE in spacesuits*!

*the only time anything of mine looks sane if it is a living thing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: March 16, 2013, 10:02:16 pm »

I've been lurking a lot lately, it seems.

Reudh - I know that feel. :( This is why I always write in notepad/notepad++ and save often. lol   Even if I'm just making wiki pages... well, provided they aren't short. I hate losing things. What really sucked is when I saved over something I'd spent a month on... I was really upset for a while. lol    I can relate to losing three hours work. Not fun.

Mr Frog - Mr Frog has never looked so badass. I really think he deserves "Mista Muthafuckin' Frog" now. lol   The hand is a little odd, but it's not really noticeable unless you mention it. (wink wink) Or unless you're trying to come up with something to criticize. The whole image pulls off pretty smoothly... and I am clearly nowhere near mastering your program. And the Joseph page looks great! I have some I'll need to add to it sometime, but for now... sleep.

Thanks for helping out with the wiki, guys - it's really starting to come together.

Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: March 16, 2013, 10:23:03 pm »

Indeed it is. Guess who smashed a troll's head with a depleted uranium hammer? if you guessed all of the Noble Hammers, you guessed right.

We finally contributed instead o hiding behind 1st and 2nd Squads :D

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: March 16, 2013, 10:40:21 pm »

Damn, I guessed a shit-scared Terrahex...

Speaking of which, where is the little bugger IRL?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: March 16, 2013, 10:48:44 pm »

Lurking probably.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: March 17, 2013, 12:56:31 am »

18th Felsite, 210 cont.

Goblins come, four squads in total based on Terrahex's reports, backed by a large contingent of trolls. Zulban's probably going to die. Enemy force composition is of two spear squads lead by a pike and spearmaster each, a squad of hammergoblins lead by a macelord, and a group of swordsgoblins lead by a master lasher. apparently two trolls were already killed and one was captured and likely to die in the cage.

We went up to the fist to watch the goblins and saw rather humorously one of their leaders and a scrub get squashed under the drawbridge; probably was gonna try to scale it. Bet that backfired horribly didn't it? We continued to watch and we all found it pretty funny watching various weapons swing out on mechanical limbs to slice, bash, and stab them up. Honestly, today's initial onrush of goblins resulted in most of them dead or caged and the leader and that grunt turning into drawbridge paint. Dauros, Awl, and Skitara are moping up now.

19th Felsite, 210

One of the goblins routed yesterday came back with a pack of trolls in tow. We watched the fight fairly intently and were a little worried when Dauros' team got knocked into a pile. Turns out that pile turned into a bristling pointy ball of beard and hate. Th- The writing ends abruptly here.

19th Felsite, cont.

Well we finally got stuck in. Apparently TheKaspa thought that Dauros' team wasn't engaged and went to clean out a trp. Troll jumped her, but she's fine now. We were the closest ones able to respond because of being on the fist and when we saw the troll round a corner while 1st Squad was still caught up with other trolls, we all freaked out and rushed in. The rest of us were right behind Thumper when he got to the door the troll was trying to rip off its hinges. He took it out in two swings with his hammer, the first gaining an audible crack when he struck it in the leg, and then smashed its head. We're heading back out, I just wanted to pick you up journal. Saw a pack of trolls that could use a good beating.

Drop the hammers

The Duke and his bodyguards had finally joined the fray. Thumper had reduced a toll's head to mushy gunk in the skin on its head, and they arrived to see Awl more or less liquify three trolls surrounding him.

"Sir? What the hell are you doing down here?" Slitara asked upon seeing the four hammerdwarves.

"Troll got by you guys, so Splint told us to come down. There's a mess of Swordgoblins and a lasher coming towards us, and some trolls to the south by the surface farms." Rose answered. "We figured we'd deal with the trolls while you take on the greenskins." Splint said.

"I don't suppose there's a way we can make you reconsider such a stupid course of action?" Dauros asked.

Splint shook his head."We're already down here so... No, not really. You already bested two groups, two mor eina day should make the rest think twice about trying to press the attack."

Splint ushered his guards to follow him and they rounded the corner, Rose shouting to them "Here they come boys, get ready!" before disappearing out of sight.
-
The Hammerdwarves crept closer as the sounds of screaming -goblin screaming- filled the air behind them. As soon as they were close enough to see the trolls were leaderless, Splint gave the nod, and Crusher and Thumper charged headlong into the trolls, Thump destroying the lead troll's leg and sending it crashing into the crusty  mud-laced blood while Crusher delivered a bone snapping blow to the second's arm. The troll roared in anger at Cusher, who then bashed it in the mouth, sending teeth flying with a "TROLLS DONT TALK, TROLLS DIE!" Really, the precision Crusher showed truly made his simpler intellect seem out of place, as he had only removed its bottom front teeth to make it stop spitting on him.

Splint made contact with the third, blocking a punch and smashing the now off-balance troll in the head with his hammer, a crack being audible over the snarling trolls and freely flowing obscenities; He was also pretty sure he saw one running around trying to pry Halen off its head by smashing it on a tree. At this time Rose engaged, blocking an angry fist and smashing her hammer into the troll's chest, cracking its sternum and sending it back clutching the injury. By this point, Crusher had already overpowered and caved in the second troll's head.

Splint blocked and swung his hammer as hard as he could, the dense  mass shattering the troll's arm. ina fit of rage, the beast threw aparticularly mighty punch and while blocked, it sent Splint sprawling across the ground; thankfully, before the troll could attack again, Crusher slammed into it and drove it into another troll. Crusher helped the duke to his feet but found himself shoved down with a "Look out!" Splint threw Crusher down and delivered a kick to the groin of a troll that was rushing at them, causing it to double over in pain with a howl before Splint slammed his hammer into its head.

"We're even." Splint said. Crusher nodded in agreement.

Rosewas still trying to pry her hammer from one fo the remaining trolls' head when she got grabbed and thrown by another into a tree, knocking the wind out of her. The troll looked ready to crush her with a double hammerfist to the chest when it staggered sideways. Splint had kicked it in the back of the leg and when it went down and looked sideways, Splint saw its temple as such an appealing target.

So he smashed it with his hammer.

He helped Rose to her feet and they looked around. Crush and thumper had already down another two, though they were fleeing so it couldn't really be considered much. They could see one twitching on the verge of death, which Splint put out of its misery. There were two others, but they had already made it to the edge of the forest and fled through the thickets of herbs and saplings into the deeper forest.

_

By the time they'd gotten back to the main gate, the second day's battle was over, Dauros and Awl finish off thier respective prey and Skitara could be seen on the hill kicking a goblin off her pike.

"Sir, good to see you. Look a bit winded, but, glad to see you alive and well." Dauros said, saluiting Spling before ripping his pike out of a straggler troll's face. "Enemy sword squad has broken ranks and any we missed have scampered off with thier tails between thier legs."

"Whole squad broke ranks and fled just before you got here too." Awl said as he walked over. "Fellow you always have on patrol is up on the fist and says there's still some hammergoblins, though by the looks of things they're about ready to crack after seeing so many of thier buddies run for the hills. or from seeing Skitara chase thier guys up hill just to get one more before he got away. I'd believe whichever really."

"Alright then. Everyone, stand down. And good work. We've done the fortress proud today." Splint said with pride in his voice.

20th Felsite, 210

Terrahex remained posted on the fist and even took a potshot at one of the goblins still in the area after we came in [there was a goblin pikeman dragging himself around with a wolrdgen injury.] He tells me the remaining goblins have fled the field.

We all did well yesterday. 1st Squad absolutely demolished the enemy under Dauros' leadership. Awl said he saw Dauros' pike make a funny glow for a moment after he killed a goblin. Bet his pike has been partaking of the souls of his enemies and making him stronger or something. Wouldn't that be grand! it'd certainly explain why Fischer was such a monster on the battlefield.

My bodyguards performed admirably, and each slew a troll, though crusher killed four according to Thumper. Plus I've been down to the food stockpiles and between Sops, Dirlu, and Zopsu, plus the mass culling (We're down to less than a hundred  larger animals now!) we'll not want for food for a very long time.

I've decided to end Zulban's exile early. May even assign him som recruits to help fill out the army. As it stands we can afford to have weavers collect silk now.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: March 17, 2013, 01:36:42 am »

Wait, Zulban LIVED??!!  :-\

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: March 17, 2013, 02:27:11 am »

None of the trolls got by me or 1st squad to his hut. one got into the walled area and tried to rip a door down but Thumper shamed its head in for attempted vandalism.
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 815