Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199821 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8130 on: March 23, 2013, 04:29:26 am »

Most of the animal stock has been slaughtered (It actually sped the game up considerably.) And yes, those aforementioned units are the ones I used in my personal copy and they'll be the ones I use again. The shooting will begin after the last of the horde of war dogs has been put in place to draw the demons up.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: March 23, 2013, 04:42:12 am »

I'm not sure if I'd rather watch Bond, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, or this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: March 23, 2013, 09:05:53 am »

How about, instead of everybody bringing in their very own brand-new faction or whatever which is then clumsily retconned in, y'all just focus on building on what's already there in the setting? Armok knows there's more than enough material to go on, and it saves everyone the trouble of trying to make everything fit.

(Sorry if I'm being too snappish; I've been in literally-constant pain for about three days now, which has left me slightly more irritable than usual.)

E: Also, I don't care much about OT in general anymore, but @Lolfail, I'm not sure bringing that particular subject up was either wise or productive in any way. It may have been tangentially-related to something Talvi mentioned, but some things just do not merit being said.
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way about it... Making a new faction might give you a spot of your own, but your story would mesh better and probably get a lot more recognition if you're not spontaneously adding something new to the mix after said mix has been around for a year. My reasoning behind not saying anything is that I'd like getting story bits from you a lot better than not getting story bits from you at all, which I felt might happen if I made a big deal about it. I'm not actually telling you no, just pointing this out. We at Spearbreakers take Spearbreakers as serious business... As should be readily apparent from the huge argument we had in-thread about whether or not Mr Frog's character was a little more powerful than might be expected. (End result, Mr Frog wasn't "overpowered", but it was a massive derail and had far-reaching consequences.)

@Mr Frog: I can relate. I've had loads of work done on my mouth (despite its poor condition), and a few days of constant, throbbing pain is something I've had to deal with before. I feel for you, man.

@Splint: I thought we were waiting until late in your year? :\ Maybe I missed something somewhere, but aren't you still in Spring/Summer? But oh well, it doesn't make much of a difference, really. I'll make popcorn.

As to the wiki!
I attended an hour-long "webinar" (I guess it's like an online seminar?) yesterday about wiki customization. If you've noticed, the wiki now has "infoboxes" on some of the pages, most notably Mr Frog's. We're still missing a lot of info on everything, though, and if you could lend a little bit of your time, it'd be greatly appreciated. :) I'll polish everything up afterwards, so you don't have to worry about making mistakes, forgetting links, or even about making typos. I just don't want to see this project fall by the wayside.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:09:53 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: March 23, 2013, 09:15:10 am »

My invasion plans were for early to midsummer. I wanna have the Queen's diggs built by my turn's end y'know? And building a palace in hell out of iron, adamantine, and gold isn't something quick and easy.

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: March 23, 2013, 09:36:00 am »

Aight, out with that idea. Anyway, I'm just going to wait till my dwarf comes along to begin, then. I'm kind of a bit of a huge source of boredom otherwise.

EDIT: I'll try to think of something in case Lenny doesn't come around.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:45:09 am by Lennoxite »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: March 23, 2013, 09:49:58 am »

Hey, heres a idea:
Spearbreakers mk2 takes place hundreds of years after the time war, so it is just a distant memory. however, as Spearbreakers is so heroic it is still well known. reason for this is simple:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: March 23, 2013, 12:13:34 pm »

Aight, out with that idea. Anyway, I'm just going to wait till my dwarf comes along to begin, then. I'm kind of a bit of a huge source of boredom otherwise.

You've had a dwarf for some time. I forget what he is (I'm taking a breather for the time being due to having school today.)

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: March 24, 2013, 03:51:57 am »

You've had a dwarf for some time. I forget what he is (I'm taking a breather for the time being due to having school today.)

...Ugh, I need to pay more attention. Anyhow, I'll get started soon.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: March 24, 2013, 06:11:03 pm »

7th hematite, Cont.

Clean up is nearly done. Markerlight and Weaver have gotten damned good at their bolt carving, so we'll be sitting with hundreds of bolts so aerodynamic that they might be able to punch through two spawn if we had crossbows able to shoot them that hard.

I have resolved that it shall begin by the end of the month. Once clean up is complete, we button up and begin.

8th Hematite, 210

We're sealed up. No matter who comes, they shall not gain entry until we're done. I've ordered the remaining fighting dogs put into position along with a mish-mash of other animals. Monkeys, caught coati, Some spare cavies Talvi hasn't claimed for herself.

For some reason however the dogs aren't being moved to the fucking killzone. No matter.

10th Hematite, 210

I've sent word to the Civil Defense Sergeants, Solpyre and Wari, to assemble their dwarves and make sure they have full quivers. Once I receive word they're in position, Kannan has volunteered to make the breach.

---

It's done. I was down there to hear it for myself.

Mr Frog says his machines can tell us how many are waiting. 112 in total. He doesn't know what they're made of though. All Kannan said was there was a fleet of little red dots surging up a hollow shaft. He barely made it past the door when the gate closed. Strangely the screaming was a one-time thing, and... My thoughts have never been so clear... I bet it was simply air rushing down there or something...

Evidently the monsters aren't much in a fight if they get love-tapped. Codyorr killed the first one up and it's body explodd in a  puff of... Ash I think? The troops have been laying into them for an hour now and Solpyre's count says 30 are down, but more keep flooding up. I'll check on them shortly. I hear a small crowd is gathering watching the mess.

14th Hematite, 210

Took four damned days to kill the initial rush. There's piles of ash, some still recognizably humanoid and the size of a fucking trio of cows down there.

Now we build, and send a recon team down. If she's right, then our friends may be saved.

[It actually took the majority of Hematite to get shit over with. They were speedy but they can only dodge so many crossbow bolts at once.]

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: March 24, 2013, 06:35:37 pm »

Ash for the ash god?

THIS DISPLEASES ME.

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: March 24, 2013, 06:35:48 pm »

Aight, first journal...

If I remember correctly, my character was some kind of fail-necromancer. And he is now trying to return to his works after abandoning them for awhile now after getting kicked out of his town. He is slightly overly cautious, so let's see here...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*That is what my dwarf got, right?

EDIT: How many of you guys remember my guy's backstory?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:37:45 pm by Lennoxite »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: March 24, 2013, 06:42:03 pm »

I don't remember. i can rectify it though if not. It's all thundery and shit here so I saved and closed down DF until the storm ends.

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: March 24, 2013, 06:44:21 pm »

I don't remember. i can rectify it though if not. It's all thundery and shit here so I saved and closed down DF until the storm ends.

Excellent, hopefully I can pull this guy of mine off well.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: March 24, 2013, 06:44:36 pm »

Considering the fragility of DF, it will probably crash even when it's not running in a storm like that. (Meanwhile, in boiling Australia...)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: March 24, 2013, 07:24:04 pm »

It was more not wanting to loose what progress I've made due to a power outage.
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 815