Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178853 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8145 on: March 24, 2013, 09:18:57 pm »

I figured.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: March 25, 2013, 10:01:43 am »

I feel unworthy taking over the fort after it's already breached hell. Maybe make it more like Swordthunders, with the resort and the beach and everything. Definately a shrine, like in "Children of Dwarves". I bet that's how Spearbreakers will die; sterility and depopulation.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: March 25, 2013, 08:27:32 pm »

Tooth-related pain has abated for the time being. Work has begun on the initial sketches for LFTON.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: March 26, 2013, 12:26:40 am »

I am giddy with anticipation!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: March 26, 2013, 01:47:59 am »

I am giddy with anticipation!

You appear to be operating on the assumption that the final drawing will be impressive in some way :V

Please try not to get your hopes up; it probably won't be what you're envisioning. (It's actually a little harder to work knowing you're so excited -- I'm worried you'll end up disappointed.)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: March 26, 2013, 03:36:27 pm »

15th Hematite, 210

Someone's dog spotted a gremlin. No-Hair proceeded to completely tear it to shreds. Why No-hair has an axe I don't know, but whatever.

18th Hematite, 210

Construction operations begin on the great Iron Palace of the Underworld. I have decided to build a refined adamantine stairwell right into the belly of the world itself and from there build the palace around it.I'm tempted to have windows installed, as it's quite bright down there. Not quitebright enough for surface crops to live, but still.

Thirili the Oceanic Cave has been sighted bearing down on a forestry crew in the caverns. I wanted to send Dauros but the last time something with gas attacked us Fischer was put out of action. I've sent one of Paintbrush's axe lords to deal with it; after all, it's just some brainless frog.

I coulda sworn we killed that thing already...

20th Hematite, 210

Reports from Andal and Mekkia say the Painbrush sent down Gemblade and Dicer. Evidently the fight was quick and brutal, and there was a scare with Dicer taking a little dip in Lake Lomoth. After she got out Gemblade confirmed that the frog had a particularly hard head as Dicer was "a little annoyed," and cracked the thing in the side of the head with a hammer and got an audible snapping sound out of it. After Gemblade got involved directly it was over pretty quickly according to Andal. He got on top of it and just kept chopping and chopping until it was more or less torn in half.

I went down to check out the mess and the only detail the left out in the different reports was, oh, I don't know, maybe the almost-adult-dwarf-sized foot that was sticking out of a pile of lumber?

21st Hematite, 210

Evidently everyone who was exposed to that gas crap the frog spewed suffered random bruising over a large part of their bodies. Oh, and gemblade was spotted doing something with his axe. He said that he wanted to give it a name in honor of it's first truly monstrous kill. Anyway, the gas causes random fainting and dizziness as well; Gemblade faceplanted into a table instead of a bed wen he went to the hospital for a check-up.

Oh, and he named his axe Zan Tanzul, The Artifact of Nooses. Nice name I guess.

22nd Hematite, 210

Elves think they're a bunch of hardasses and left via the caverns. I hope a bat man eats them.

23rd hematite, 210

I've decided to see how long you can hear a goblin scream when you pitch them down a glowing pit when we get that far down. Should be pretty entertaining, we even got a betting pool going. I put ten silver mugs on thirty seconds.

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: March 26, 2013, 06:10:48 pm »

Lennox's response:

Via journal, of course.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Only one day, but it's something.

EDIT: DO NOTE, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE IN BIOLOGY. Idea concerning necromancy. When a necromancer empowers a corpse, the energy will fly everywhere inhabiting every bit of the body with similar strength throughout, giving certain body parts unneeded strength while others a loss of actual strength that could of been better off empowering them with some more energy than the more vestigial or weaker muscles.

A good necromancer could redirect these energies so that the proper amount of energy could enter the muscles that actually need the energy while the muscles or organs that don't need it as much receive lesser quantities while still being functional to do their job. At least, about as functional as rotten flesh or bones are going to get, anyways.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:30:42 pm by Lennoxite »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: March 26, 2013, 08:14:51 pm »

Lennox: Smaller and vestigial muscles always use less energy because they simply have less fibres to recruit.

What you could have instead, is that the necromantic magic creates an invisible framework of muscles (maaaaagic) and they all have the capacity to move at full strength. This might explain the Demonic Fortress zombies being tougher than normal.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: March 28, 2013, 10:50:31 pm »

I have returned from the grave! I request a dwarf named Nappa and a dwarf named Vegeta post haste! HOP TO IT!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: March 28, 2013, 11:38:52 pm »

I have returned from the grave! I request a dwarf named Nappa and a dwarf named Vegeta post haste! HOP TO IT!

Holy fuck he's alive.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: March 28, 2013, 11:49:59 pm »

I am?
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: March 29, 2013, 12:39:14 am »

I am?

Apparently, or am I just dreaming this?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: March 29, 2013, 12:48:52 am »

You are. Go back to sleep.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: March 29, 2013, 01:59:01 am »

Aww, I broke reality Vegeta!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: March 29, 2013, 09:29:49 am »

God damn it Nappa.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 815