Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2197200 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8325 on: April 16, 2013, 08:18:40 pm »

I just listened to your podcast, and it sounded great, don't get me wrong, but you know what it was missing?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That gave me an idea for a weekly The Master's Piece Theater. This week's quote:
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: April 16, 2013, 08:25:31 pm »

I just listened to your podcast, and it sounded great, don't get me wrong, but you know what it was missing?
That gave me an idea for a weekly The Master's Piece Theater. This week's quote:
I think I just shed a tear. YOU SIR DESERVE A MEDAL.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: April 16, 2013, 09:18:01 pm »

Thank you, sir. Next week's quote:
(Quickly re-reads the thread looking for quotes)
Spoiler: Incredibly Lame Pun (click to show/hide)
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: April 16, 2013, 11:44:29 pm »

I need to listen to that podcast... and I don't think I'm quite sure what Monster Hunter is.

and on a random, depressing note... i just got dumped. it was sudden. unexpected. and i still love her. lol   yay me.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: April 16, 2013, 11:47:59 pm »

Huh?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: April 16, 2013, 11:55:12 pm »

The second part was in response to Mr Frog.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: April 17, 2013, 12:33:24 am »

@Talvi:

Google it, maybe? >.>;  I'd try to give a brief summation, but my 'brief summations' have a nasty habit of turning into 'full-length reviews/advertisements' :V

It was a bit rude of me to make a reference not everyone would get, though >>;  Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:35:38 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: April 17, 2013, 01:19:52 am »

No worries. My "My god, it's full of bricks" is a reference to 2010: A Space Odyssey: http://youtu.be/oALxLNOhI6I?t=1m52s And I don't think anyone got it.

And I'll look up Monster Hunters.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: April 17, 2013, 02:24:44 am »

As I'm taking down or adding events to a list to make my reports of later, here's some of what I decided to do in Hematite and the better half of Malachite.

27th Hematite, 210

I neglected to decommission the surface farms but no harm done. A nice big crop of silver bar- Wait, where the hell did we get the seeds for those?? Oh, the blood plains, right.

Well, that'll make some fine cruor or if we're feeling more wasteful, fine black dye. We'll have the silk for it. Anyway, we also have a crop of sunberries coming in so that'll make some fine booze.

28th Hematite, 210

We found what she said we'd find. It's old looking, to be sure. I sent 1st squad, or, what's left of it anyway, to hunt for it. They had to deal with a pair of Shadow Devils to get to it and Skitara almost took a trip into a pit, but we got it.

They brought it up and now that I've looked at it, I can say it's old. Very old. Mr Frog says he needs time to unlock it, something about it being an old "Identity Lock" or some nonsense. I recognized the symbol though; the box containing the cure belongs to those damned foreigners.It's been down there for a very long time by the looks of things. Hinges look worn, it's paint is peeling off and there's a good layer of slade dust still coating most of it.

With any luck we could at least quiet Softa and Ashsaber, if we can get Ash to old still long enough for one of us to stick him instead of ripping us apart.

2nd Malachite, 210

Mr Frog has begun work on cracking the box open. It'll take time, what with his lab equipment being moved when the box was brought up and he's still not quite finished setting up the new location.

5th Malachite, 210

Food and bolt production is still chugging along nicely. Honestly I should really stop bolt production, but eh. Maybe I should just order a firing range to be constructed. A proper one, I mean.

We've also begun to run short on iron so I've pur in an order for more to be produced.

6th Malachite, 210

Took a bit of a spill down the stairs getting dinner. Doctor says I have a mild concussion based on the symptoms. I wish I had something to make this headache go away.

8th Malachite, 210

I've decided to begin work on the palatial furnishings early. I've put in an order for 8 admantine tables and chairs, several gold, admantine, and platinum statues, a solid gold sarcophagus and door, and gold hatch covers. Even if Queen Sibrek only stays long enough for the primary inspection, she will be accommodated in style.

After she leaves we could probably turn it into a rather wonderful museum or something. Maybe a nice break facility?

10th Malachite, 210

Metal production is now in full swing again. We have literal tons of ore and adamantine thread that needs to be processed into useful ingots. I've also received a request for a pair of longswords from Sergeant Lefton. I need to see who's on weapons production; we seem to have outstanding weapon orders that haven't been taken care of at one of the forges.

12th Malachite, 210

Well, we're now officially out of iron until the smelters work on making more.

15th malachite, 210

I've decided to have a zoo dug and filled with spare animals. Might as well put some of them smaller critters to use right? I've also remembered there was a number of coffins in a large engraved room and have ordered they and the interred by moved down to the clover, so they may rest beside the rest of their fellows.

16th Malachite, 210

Went up to the Fist with Rose to do a little overhead survey and saw a flock of crows or ravens or something up there. We started throwing mugs at them and Rose pegged one right in the head! At least I think it was the head. Either way it slammed into the side of the Fist pretty hard.

Good riddance. I hate those damned flying rats.

-The writing appears to be shakey here.-

20th malachite, 210

If I hadn't spoken to the dwarf myself I would have never believed it. Asea was on patrol down in the clover and reported hearing a loud thunk of a stone coffin lid crashing on the floor. When he investigated, The Master's coffin was found empty... I'd have thought he was going mad but shortly after he gave the report... The Master had come into my office asking if I knew what crate Chestnut was in.

I am also told, understandably, several dozen dwarves voided thier bowles when they saw a dwarf who's been dead for years walking around looking like nothing was wrong, aside froma strange eye-tick when he sat still too long that would be followed by an outburst of the word carnage. I told him to ask TheKaspa, since she's our de facto arsenal dwarf as bookkeeper and apparently she's in the hospital with a concussion due to her passing out at the sight of The Master.

He has demanded and been granted reinstatement into First Squad, and apparently when informed while she was conscious,Fischer shouted "WHAT!?" and scared the dwraf who told her so badly he wet himself with the outburst.

I think what's so terrifying about this is he's not undead... He's perfectly healthy in fact, at least physically. I am left to wonder... Has he become one of Armok's chosen?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: April 17, 2013, 03:02:12 am »

Of course Armok would choose the dwarf that would do the most for Him, but the least for the health of the fort...

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: April 17, 2013, 06:06:31 am »

Hey, let's NOT insult the Master by comparing him to Armok, ok?
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Tinsplint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: April 17, 2013, 01:49:03 pm »

I would like a Dorf. Preferably Male non-pike using military dwarf. Looking forward to seeing it all crumble.

Edit: oh, just call him Tin  :)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: April 17, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »

I am the son of Armok. I will bring my father's kingdom down to this world of evil and wipe it clean of all those who oppose me.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: April 17, 2013, 08:36:12 pm »

Is it a bad thing that im squeaking now?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: April 17, 2013, 09:14:54 pm »

Don't worry. He says all who OPPOSE him will perish.
Support him, but support all other parties at the same time.
Sell to whomever is buying ;)
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 815