Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199986 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8370 on: April 24, 2013, 02:25:53 am »

I was just on the SWCombine IRC channel when someone said no one plays DF any more and, quote,
Who gives a damn about Bay12
Please help me by logging on to the following irc server/channel:
irc.swcombine.com
#swc-members
And tell them Trikk_Scanthar sent you. Ideally, we could all get on at the same time and spam the channel.
So, please help me prove someone wrong about DF.

So, so much wrong with this post. Nothing against you personally, tahu -- you seem like a good guy from what I've seen -- but, just for starters, how exactly is drafting a private army to disrupt an IRC channel going to convince anyone of anything save that Bay 12ers are self-important crybabies? Further, on the incredibly-remote chance that he is convinced of this forum's value by this, what then? Does anyone -- him, you, whoever -- stand to benefit from that?
    It's frustrating when others' opinions come into conflict with one's own, but this isn't how to solve it. In order to resolve a conflict like this, both parties must form an understanding of each other's reasoning, and I don't think that's what the guy in question is looking for.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: April 24, 2013, 02:35:16 am »

I was just on the SWCombine IRC channel when someone said no one plays DF any more and, quote,
irc.swcombine.com
#swc-members
And tell them Trikk_Scanthar sent you. Ideally, we could all get on at the same time and spam the channel.

So, so much wrong with this post. Nothing against you personally, tahu -- you seem like a good guy from what I've seen -- but, just for starters, how exactly is drafting a private army to disrupt an IRC channel going to convince anyone of anything save that Bay 12ers are self-important crybabies? Further, on the incredibly-remote chance that he is convinced of this forum's value by this, what then? Does anyone -- him, you, whoever -- stand to benefit from that?
    It's frustrating when others' opinions come into conflict with one's own, but this isn't how to solve it. In order to resolve a conflict like this, both parties must form an understanding of each other's reasoning, and I don't think that's what the guy in question is looking for.
I guess I didn't think this through thoroughly.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: April 24, 2013, 02:45:10 am »

irc.swcombine.com
#swc-members

Still thought it through more than the Toa of Fire himself would have, though :P

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: April 24, 2013, 02:49:18 am »

irc.swcombine.com
#swc-members

Still thought it through more than the Toa of Fire himself would have, though :P
Lol
DammitMata Nui, now you've gone and started up my fanboy rant.

Are we talking gen 1 Tahu, or Gen 3+ Tahu?
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: April 24, 2013, 02:49:26 am »

That's what I'm here for. *disappears into the night*
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: April 24, 2013, 02:50:24 am »

Going to be sigged.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: April 24, 2013, 03:52:16 am »

irc.swcombine.com
#swc-members

Lol

Doesn't matter. Come to think of it, you could be Vakama or Jaller and the result would be the same.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: April 24, 2013, 05:35:47 am »

Not to beat a dead horse but I think the intent wasn't really spam the channel but bring forward but a small sampling of people who do in fact play DF to make a point that people do play it and the forum isn't some ghost town.

On the off chance they are convinced. they may well play it themself, and if they like it become involved in the community, and possibly even make a donation. You never know. If they remain unconvinced, then the group brought forward tried and can at least say that they made an attempt to enlighten someone without being assholes about it.

I just woke up though so I don't actually know what I'm talking about here.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: April 24, 2013, 05:45:08 am »

Not to beat a dead horse but I think the intent wasn't really spam the channel but bring forward but a small sampling of people who do in fact play DF to make a point that people do play it and the forum isn't some ghost town.

On the off chance they are convinced. they may well play it themself, and if they like it become involved in the community, and possibly even make a donation. You never know. If they remain unconvinced, then the group brought forward tried and can at least say that they made an attempt to enlighten someone without being assholes about it.

I just woke up though so I don't actually know what I'm talking about here.
Well, I did say spam the channel, but I don't think I was being serious. I can't really remember...

irc.swcombine.com
#swc-members

Lol

Doesn't matter. Come to think of it, you could be Vakama or Jaller and the result would be the same.
What about Lihkan? He was a fire Toa, too. And past gen 3, Tahu was really a more responsible leader. 

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: April 24, 2013, 05:48:00 am »

Found this in somebody's sig on bzpower:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: April 24, 2013, 05:57:58 am »

What about Lihkan? He was a fire Toa, too. And past gen 3, Tahu was really a more responsible leader.
Likhan was actually quite responsible come to think of it (for a Fire Toa), and I GUESS Tahu did get better... once the Rahkshi beat the everloving shit out of him, causing him to say the most emo line in the series ever.
Quote from: Tahu Nuva
I. HAVE. NO. DESTINY.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: April 24, 2013, 06:05:02 am »

Likhan was actually quite responsible come to think of it (for a Fire Toa), and I GUESS Tahu did get better... once the Rahkshi beat the everloving shit out of him, causing him to say the most emo line in the series ever.
I. HAVE. NO. DESTINY.
Random quote:  "What do you have in mind, and does it include explosions?"

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: April 24, 2013, 06:09:05 am »

I. HAVE. NO. DESTINY.
Random Quote:
You just said you're an alien, and you just won me a lotta bets!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: April 24, 2013, 07:32:38 pm »

Mista Mothafuckin' Frog. Occupation: Mysterious superhero.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: April 24, 2013, 07:52:59 pm »

I. HAVE. NO. DESTINY.
Random Quote:
You just said you're an alien, and you just won me a lotta bets!
My quote actually came from Bionicle, though.

Now that I've been rereading the web serials, I've decided that my new favorite villain is Vezon.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 815