Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199448 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8400 on: April 26, 2013, 12:42:47 am »

Au revoir, brave outcast.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: April 26, 2013, 03:50:36 am »

Yeah, this was a little bit of an underreaction since few people ever die or even get hurt on my turns.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: April 27, 2013, 12:43:27 pm »

Seige lifted. Minor demonic incursion. One dorf almost dead, and a bird was torn apart by attack dogs. Oh and a starling with no eyelids.

Things are going well.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: April 27, 2013, 12:59:52 pm »

"Another unspeakable crime against the natural order crawled up from the forsaken undercroft of the world today. We named it Pinkie Pie! More-importantly, those damn dogs have tracked bloody feathers all over the dining hall again."
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: April 27, 2013, 01:01:43 pm »

Actually it was black. Well, it had black feathers anyway. It has since been turned into it's component bits for use in various stews and roasts.

Here thread, have an update. We now have two deaths (GASP!) during my turn. I was stupid and forgot about grates not holding up floors. Twice. And it kinda.... Made Aerie dead...

5th Limestone, 210

There was a minor construction accident at the palace and two wounded dwarves as a result. Aerie wound up with multiple horrible bruises and several broken bones, while Talvieno suffered a severe concussion. I've suspended work on the roof of the palace until Talvi comes to and Aerie gets her broken leg taken care of.

Paintbrush was also injured by the damned Spikewalk. Apparently he was looking for something he left topside and forgot that the spikes were active. One of the humans however wasn't as fortunate and is quite impaled. I've sent 2nd Squad to deal with any humans who fall in and to cover Paintbrush's rescue.

6th Limestone, 210

Gemblade dealt with a human who fell in to the pits along the spikewalk. According to the reports, the human was in about a dozen different pieces with their helmet pushed into their skull. Hopefully with one of their noblemen dead a squad will decide maybe this won't be a very good idea and piss the hell off of our front lawn.

I'm already annoyed to the extent that I'm about to send 1st and 2nd Squads to get rid of one of the other squads to scare the humans off.

Nevyn reported a shortage of gold ore, which is.... Well, honestly quite bizarre. Thought we had more ore laying around.

7th Limestone, 210

Preparations have been made and the teams know their orders. The attack begins tomorrow.

8th Limestone, 210

The first battle was a resounding success! 1st and second squad utterly decimated the enemy hammer squad, their leader reportedly ordering a retreat after half of the squad was dead, and of those who escaped several were grievously wounded and only survived by virtue of their bears bolting when things went badly. Dauros tells me there's a pile of teeth needing to be cleaned up out there, and if we're lucky we'll have some nice bear cuts to add to our menu. They've withdrawn for the day to rest, eat, and drink, and tomorrow another unit will be removed from our front lawn, the macemen too dense to flee the field after their leader perished to be specific.

-The following appears to be a continuation-

Apparently that was unneeded planning, as Dauros didn't tell me they dealt with them already. No matter. There are still more humans in need of killing.

[Rather humorously, a whole squad had broken and fled the field after the hammer squad was eliminated and saved them some trouble. probably saw what happened and decided NOPENOPENOPENOPE- ad infinitum. Also the other remaining squad had members abandoning their bears and fleeing the field. Oh, and now this:]

We also have a visitor. I've sent Jack and Lefton to cover the entrances it may have.

9th Limestone, 210

Seems the humans do have brains in their heads after all. Only three were left when we went to the fist to see the fight. Well, three humans with great axes and a mass of bears that were still all saddled up with no riders. When Dauros and Awl charged, the follow-up was a chaotic mess from what I could observe, but I know for certain I saw Gemblade slice a bear cleanly in half!

The fight is over and the main gate is being opened to make recovering Zulban's corpse, as well as a pair of assigned fighting animals bodies easier. As of noon today, the siege is officially lifted. Dauros, without skipping a beat, has gone to kill the monster we heard announce it's presence with a mighty belch.

-

Well, it appears he certainly made it dead. he came back in rolling the corpse along into the fortress. it was some kind of unpleasant looking bird that had a few noticeable holes in it. Bet it'll make a good roast.

19th Limestone, 210

Time certainly flies when you're scraping dead guy off the road. And watching a dog jump up and rip a bird apart. I've put in a work order for a massive room to house the bodies of of the slain, as well as a room to process things that can be processed, and a disposal system to smash the rest into paste or dust and bone shards. This should also make management of the remains following battles much easier. I mean sure, there's the stench to contend with if you're in the room, but hey. We can deal with that if it reduces the chance of a freak zombie infestation.

24th Limestone, 210

There was a minor demonic incursion that may have cost us Aerie today. It was dealt with by a few shots from armed citizens, but still. The damage is done and we can't seem to find Aerie anywhere.

-

Talvieno found the poor girl while she was plating over the palace roof. She has since been interred in the clover. Apparently she had bled to death. How the hell this happened I have no idea and when I went down to see for myself she had more broken bones than what she left the hospital with and was most assuredly minus the vast majority of her blood. Wari says it was probably a shadow devil or another accident that caused the fatal injuries.

.... You know an accident would explain why the scaffolds weren't where we left them yesterday... And the microcline rod that was sticking out of Aerie.... Hrmm. We really need to reinforce our grates better.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: April 27, 2013, 02:14:00 pm »

UPDATE!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: April 27, 2013, 06:31:00 pm »

Only on for a second, but wanted to get this out there before the timeline is too screwed up - this is about where Vanya would return to Spearbreakers (somewhere in your last update) and (if we actually want Spearbreakers in on the timewar) start getting the dwarves ready for battle, which means canon instances of out-in-the-open portal transit (from Parasol), maybe teaching dwarves to use mechsuits, that kind of thing... If we want them to remain in the dark, then Vanya just arrives around here. :P
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: April 27, 2013, 06:32:21 pm »

Maybe we should send the humans a thank-you for helping fill up our larders.

Also, I am now convinced that The Master came back because the afterlife didn't want him around.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: April 27, 2013, 07:02:40 pm »

I just had a thought: if Mr Frog builds a giant gun, and it is incorporated into a number of Spearbreaker stories, would it be a Canon Cannon?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: April 27, 2013, 08:03:16 pm »

I just had a thought: if Mr Frog builds a giant gun, and it is incorporated into a number of Spearbreaker stories, would it be a Canon Cannon?
No, the stories would be Cannon Canon.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: April 28, 2013, 09:32:33 am »

Ok guys New poll. PLEASE TAKE THIS ONE SERIOUSLY.

This appears to be a major plot point for Talvieno's story posts and it will heavily influence what I write for the next update.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: April 28, 2013, 01:00:06 pm »

Also, I am now convinced that The Master came back because the afterlife didn't want him around.
I couldn't help it! I had so many questions for Armok!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: April 29, 2013, 10:42:57 am »

Alright guys, tomorrow at noon eastern US time voting will close and I'll begin writing the next update.

I will say I do have unfortunate new in that due to the spikewalk accident Paintbrush as developed multiple infections, one in each leg and in his right forearm. I'm really hoping he pulls through because that would be a terrible way for him to go :(

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: April 29, 2013, 05:37:12 pm »

That really would be a horrible way to go... He needs to die in battle. Unfortunately, I figure he's stuck in bed... Do we have a catapult handy?

I made a couple changes to the wiki I'm iffy about - notably the glow color for the links... http://spearbreakers.wikia.com/wiki/Spearbreakers_Wiki visit and you'll know what I mean - hover over a few links. I also made there be a "visited" link color. I'm not sure if that's the greatest idea ever, either. Input?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: April 29, 2013, 06:09:55 pm »

Those changes aren't half bad, Talvieno.
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 815