Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199621 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8415 on: April 30, 2013, 10:46:28 am »

Alright, as the vote has been in favor of exposing the fortress to the direct timewar, I have closed the votes 15 minutes early. Talvieno, I'm gonna need a specific date for Vanya's return.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: April 30, 2013, 05:39:03 pm »

Now, how to link the Timewar to the Voidspawn...

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: April 30, 2013, 11:23:29 pm »

Sent you a PM, Splint. Sorry I've been so busy in RL these past few days. And Mr Frog - PM coming for you soon, too. I haven't forgotten. I just haven't had the chance. We had some really heavy storm damage here and I've been doing work to try to get it fixed up before it rains again. Lots of fallen trees, and some of them in pretty damaging places. We have a few holes in the roof, for instance. I'm totally wiped out. :P Headed to bed, but I'll be on again in early morning, I think. well... if I don't oversleep.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:26:37 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: May 03, 2013, 02:22:20 pm »

Alrighty boys and girls, thanks for your patience, and I promise that tomorrow will see an update if not sooner. Been binging on Mount and Blade more than usual again and been doing a bunch of yard work (which included getting shot in the face by a lawnmower.)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: May 03, 2013, 06:07:47 pm »

(which included getting shot in the face by a lawnmower.)
Should I ask?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: May 03, 2013, 06:09:36 pm »

A hunk of bark got shorn off a tree root, got flung out of the mower, hit the tree and smashed into my face. My dad's weed whacker also through chunks of broken tree limb at me and thumped me in the chest twice in doing so.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: May 03, 2013, 06:21:09 pm »

If you get a papercut then you'll know the trees have it out for you and must all be chopped down.  Though most people here would likely tell you to do so anyway, just to spite the elves.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: May 03, 2013, 10:26:16 pm »

Ok so a minor monkey wrench in my plans. Electrician's gonna be over and as I'm going to bed shortly I may be a day late on the promised update. My apologies guys.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: May 04, 2013, 02:40:07 pm »

APOLOGIES ARE NOT REQUIRED.
unless they are all dead. THAN APOLOGIES REQUIRED.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: May 04, 2013, 04:24:29 pm »

APOLOGIES ARE NOT REQUIRED.
unless they are all dead. THEN APOLOGIES REQUIRED.
Someone needs to sig this.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: May 04, 2013, 04:29:12 pm »

Hey guys, here it is. This one is all story as nothing of note happened after the adamantine shortage thing. We're actually almost to the 15th. If it isn't obvious, I just got power back. I know it's meh-worthy but hey, i attempted to deliver.

25th Limestone, 210

Due to a shortage of gold, I've decided to make some creativly patterend stone roofs for the palace. Of course now it's more... In name only, sadly, as it's not the grand structure I had intended. Still, it'll be nice once done.

27th Limestone, 210

The Palace walls are finished, made from solid irons where darkstone wasn't present. It's also half furnished; there's a need for more tables and chairs, armor stands and weapon racks, and other such amenities though. I'm sure if the Queen comes for an inspection she'll find the accommodations to her liking though.

28th Limestone, 210

Either someone's been lugging the wafer bins around or we have a shortage of the stuff. Bit annoying but no matter. Our recent boost in harvesting of the stuff with no fear of demonic retaliation will see to it we have plenty more.

1st Sandstone, 210

Well, it appears there's some bad news to write down. Paintbrush has multiple infections from his injuries on the spikewalk. I sincerely hope that he'll pull through, as it would be a terrible way for a soldier like him to go, and he's put in an application run the fortress again too, and he's more than earned the right to do it with his service to the fortress.

3rd Sandstone, 210

It appears the funny little elf who works for Mr Frog is back. Not sure how she got in here without the patrols or even Terrahex knowing, but good for her. We could always use more hands around here, even if its an elf's.

4th Sandstone, 210

I.... I don't even know what to make of what I was told today. So much... And so much of it unbelievable... It seems.... It seems there is some war that's been going on since long before my great-great-grandparents migrated here from East Everoc, all under our noses.

The mercenaries who helped finish our outdoor fortifications were among those who would like to see our fortress destroyed, for whatever reason. It seems that our relatively isolated location in the network of border fortresses made our home a prime location to insert agents of various kinds to monitor the world. Mr Frog was among them, but for different reasons. it seems he's an outcast among his home culture, an apparently advanced merchant group called Ballpoint from some other realm.

I... no amount of brew will make this make sense... I daresay for the first time in years I'm... Sober.

5th Sandstone, 210

It appears that yesterday's revelations weren't some terrible  dream but all too real. Strange rips in the air have been appearing all over the fortress and humans and dwarves, along with other strange creatures, have been flooding into the fortress, apparently to defend it against some threat we've yet to meet. Honestly I don't see how they can claim to be well protected; their armor looks as if it wouldn't stop a crossbow bolt nevermind one of those pointed metal rods their weapons fire or a good pike.

I don't know what to make of any of this though, but I know they are least respect my authority as a Duke and have heeded my orders to keep well away from the population, if only to preserve their sanity, or what little of it we can still lay claim to after all the horrors we've faced.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: May 04, 2013, 06:52:02 pm »

RO'SUK RANAE'T RO'SUK
EIGAH RANAE'T WEGAH
EIR WUST'AT RUMAENOST EIGAH SOK RANAE'T
(Rough translation) Annihilation Comes.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: May 05, 2013, 12:45:45 am »

Note to self: Stop stealing adamantine wafers. Splint is taking notice.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: May 05, 2013, 03:09:51 am »

Damn guys just damn I leave for a while because my computer breaks (which it still is) and you guys bring the dwarves into the timewar, and now that my computer is broken it's going to take me YEARS to read all the goddamn stories. I'm kinda jealous that you all together wrote that much.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: May 05, 2013, 03:28:50 am »

Blimey. I need to get moving with the next few pieces in my stories. Gotta get to Talvi too.

I'll write a piece up now. Tedaz's arc.
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 815