Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196384 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8790 on: July 16, 2013, 02:44:37 am »

Hmm... I apologise for being a brat here, Reudh, but excessive praise without any criticism makes me uncomfortable. I appreciate your intent, though, and if you're not comfortable giving criticism (or don't have any specific advice to give) I'm cool with it.

E: Bit of an addendum... I'm seriously considering a career in graphic design/illustration, if only because it's the only profession I've ever displayed even a shred of natural aptitude for (I'm aware that I'm not nearly that good yet, but there are courses in my general area I hopefully can take for that). To that end, even the dodgiest bit of critique/advice regarding my artwork would be greatly-appreciated.

I merely praise because I loved it - but I can see your point. If I had to pick something of it to critique, the way Hathur's right arm sits on his face feels a little... strange. But that's the only thing wrong - and it's a pretty small thing wrong.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: July 19, 2013, 10:46:16 pm »

Please don't make me come up with more ideas to keep this thread alive.  You all have now seen where that road will lead to.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: July 19, 2013, 11:29:24 pm »

Please don't make me come up with more ideas to keep this thread alive.  You all have now seen where that road will lead to.
Well... we could always use more...
FANART

(don'tthinkaboutitdon'tthinkaboutitdon'tthinkaboutitdon'tthinkaboutitdon'tthinkaboutit)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: July 19, 2013, 11:45:23 pm »

I'm gonna give Tahu 24 hours. If we've no write-up, we've waited long enough and we'll put it to a vote as to go on or roll back.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: July 19, 2013, 11:49:18 pm »

Well, we have the save. Just no story.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: July 20, 2013, 04:18:00 am »

Well, the whole point of community forts is to have the story AND the fort together... we've received no story from Tahu.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: July 21, 2013, 12:21:46 am »

Humble Request: No more lenience when giving extensions. The amount of extensions one can be given should be directly proportional to the amount of actual fortress progress that has been posted. If someone takes the save and fails to produce anything within a couple days, then I'm sorry, but screw them -- interest in this fort (which so many awesome people have worked hard on) is waning enough without month-long delays.

Similarly, going weeks without any sort of status update for any reason is unacceptable. Micro-updates are fine. Posting jack-shit is not. No matter how legit the reason is, posting jack-shit is what kills community forts. I don't think y'all can afford that at this point.

If Splint doesn't feel like dropping the hammer when necessary, then I'm just going to have to settle into my old role of throwing hissy fits until he does. And nobody wants that.

E: I'm aware that Splint has already in fact made the decision that enough's enough re: Tahu, but the decision came way later than it should have in my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:24:09 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: July 21, 2013, 12:43:39 am »

Well that's two for saying fuck it and reverting. Anyone one else or we just going to wrap this crap up?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: July 21, 2013, 12:48:39 am »

We need one last overseer, probably Splint or Talvi or any of the original founders running it into the ground, gently. If Tahu's not going to/ is unable to do a write-up, then we should at least give SB the burial it deserves.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: July 21, 2013, 01:30:21 am »

And following it will come the nightmare of actually finding and cataloging everything in a serviceable manner for future Bay12ers.

EDIT: Honestly I'm somewhat tempted to ask to go again, and set up the end from an unclaimed dwarf's(or dwarves in the event of accident, injury, or being mauled by psychotic semi-demonic monstrosities) perspective.

That is if Paintbrush or Lolfail have no objections/are unable to take their turns.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: July 21, 2013, 02:17:32 am »

When you guys are ready to retire this fortress, PLEASE give me a turn so I can blow it to smithereens!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: July 21, 2013, 02:53:01 am »

I can take my turn, but it'll have to be between any number of given Friday-Sunday periods.

I can write a decent apocalypse story, if I do say so myself.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: July 21, 2013, 11:56:45 am »

I think it'd be appropriate for Splint to be the one to kill the fort. Talvi'd probably have difficulty completing a whole turn what with his Internet breaking down more than a 73-year-old hooker.

I can write a decent apocalypse story, if I do say so myself.

MmmmmPppH. I have some doubts regarding this claim, but I'm not sure how blunt I should be in explaining them.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: July 21, 2013, 01:09:32 pm »

I actually feel honored to have received the support of the mighty Frog. Some part of me wants to start plotting to make a final turn more interesting I mean uh... NOT plotting. Ahem. Totally not plotting.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: July 21, 2013, 05:57:05 pm »

I'd volunteer to do the final turn myself, but I'm pretty sure my dinoputer would go up in a nuclear fireball if I asked it to load the most-recent save.

I'm kind of against the fort ending with some ginormous apocalypse, if only because it might end up feeling like an asspull. At this rate, it seems more like it'd be along the lines of 'and so then at some point between the endless waves of Spawn and dimension-sliding mercenaries, the dwarves of Spearbreakers decided to cut their losses and flee'. Only more-dramatic and stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 815