Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2197433 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8805 on: July 21, 2013, 06:35:48 pm »

I can write a decent apocalypse story, if I do say so myself.

MmmmmPppH. I have some doubts regarding this claim, but I'm not sure how blunt I should be in explaining them.

Challenge Accepted.
But still, be blunt. Be as blunt as you can. Please.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: July 21, 2013, 06:37:16 pm »

I can write a decent apocalypse story, if I do say so myself.

MmmmmPppH. I have some doubts regarding this claim, but I'm not sure how blunt I should be in explaining them.

Challenge Accepted.
But still, be blunt. Be as blunt as you can. Please.

If this has potential for getting nasty in any capacity, please take it to a PM.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: July 21, 2013, 07:49:03 pm »

I would most definitely not be able to kill the fort. :P Although I do support its destruction through fitting means. I have far too little free time now... I haven't made all that much more progress on the mod, even. I probably won't be on much at all for the next three weeks - a lot happening in RL. I haven't had much free time at all lately, and what I do have generally goes towards making my gf happy. Which reminds me - Splint, did you get the link to the Spearbreakers II mod? I never heard back from you on that.

Also, this:
I'm kind of against the fort ending with some ginormous apocalypse, if only because it might end up feeling like an asspull. At this rate, it seems more like it'd be along the lines of 'and so then at some point between the endless waves of Spawn and dimension-sliding mercenaries, the dwarves of Spearbreakers decided to cut their losses and flee'. Only more-dramatic and stuff.
Might possibly save some of our more beloved characters from horrific deaths... I can see a group of people carrying Fischer's bed away from Spearbreakers, for instance. She doesn't deserve to be killed in her sleep, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:51:10 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: July 21, 2013, 07:56:29 pm »

Yeah I got the link. Never got it largely due to being given Starcraft and Brood War. I know they're old and I'm late to the party, but damn is it a fun game. Plus I have some of my own raws that I'd need to figure out would and wouldn't conflict with things.

Terran vs Terran fights suck though. Those kept coming down to who had more guys and who was willing to throw hordes of fighters at anti-air turrets.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: July 21, 2013, 11:25:10 pm »

@Lolfail, Splint:

Acknowledged. Will rip LF in a PM as soon as I'm in the mood to do so.

@Talvi:

Happy to hear that you have a girlfriend, but be careful not to be a sucker. If you need to spend every spare moment with her to keep her happy... well, some people will happily milk you like a cow without a second thought, s'all I'm saying. Not saying that's actually what's going on, mind, but the way you put it sent up little alarm bells in my head.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: July 22, 2013, 11:25:55 am »

Never got it largely due to being given Starcraft and Brood War. I know they're old and I'm late to the party, but damn is it a fun game.

As a blizzard fan (my family has always used macs, so blizzard has always been one of the few sources of games to play) I completely understand.  Warcraft 2 and Starcraft were the first computer games I ever played. (Mind you, I don't play WoW for many reasons, so I'm not the typical fan nowadays)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:29:06 pm by soulslicerjames »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: July 26, 2013, 02:24:21 am »

The next piece of  my writing will be coming in the next few days. Also: bump

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: July 26, 2013, 05:04:43 am »

If no-one objects, I could *maybe* get a year out over the next couple of weeks. Would give me a chance to get something tangible for LFTON's story.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: July 27, 2013, 11:31:36 am »

If no-one objects, I could *maybe* get a year out over the next couple of weeks. Would give me a chance to get something tangible for LFTON's story.

Honestly? Just do it. Please. Your update could consist of a book-length marijuana-addled rant about Ayn Rand and it'd still be better than anything we got over the past couple months -- to wit, tumbleweeds and cricket chirps.

Just... please, try to keep the avatar-of-some-eldritch-being thing from being the main focus. I don't particularly understand exactly what LFTON/Zedo et al's deal is, but when I'm reading the succession game, I'm usually more interested in the progress of the fortress itself, with its effect on the Overseer being a close second and the Overseer's own backstory and non-fortress-related personal drama being, at best, a fun footnote. Just a pointer before you get started.

[I was going to get really brutal here, but I'm gonna heed Splint's warning and put it in a PM :)]
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: July 27, 2013, 03:29:41 pm »

Are you positive you can actually do it this time? I don't want a repeat of last time.

And personally I just chalk it up to the dwarf being an unlucky case of multiple personality disorder or some extreme form of schizophrenia, which due to LFTON being a dwarf, makes it worse by his consumption of booze on a regular basis.

Or possibly he's just abnormally insane even by dwarf standards and has yet to lapse into the babbling state.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: July 27, 2013, 04:04:00 pm »

And personally I just chalk it up to the dwarf being an unlucky case of multiple personality disorder or some extreme form of schizophrenia, which due to LFTON being a dwarf, makes it worse by his consumption of booze [and whatever the hell Mr Frog decides to put in said booze on a given day] on a regular basis.

Fix'd. Also: me likey.

And second what Splint said. We're all waiting for you to finish, so no skiving off and playing Starcraft or whatever.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: July 27, 2013, 04:19:09 pm »

Because I felt I had to...

Spoiler: Journal Mk. II (click to show/hide)

On a side note: If any male migrant arrives, name him Tomio for me, will you?
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: July 27, 2013, 08:14:59 pm »

I shall. But first, I have a PM to reply to...

If everyone can just hold out for another week, or at least until 5:00 Wednesday afternoon (GMT +10:00), I can power through the year.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 08:34:42 pm by Lolfail0009 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: July 27, 2013, 10:00:16 pm »

Well now it's a case of can we wait? I can dredge up my old save and go on tonight unless you guys would rather wait on Lolfail.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 815