Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2221691 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #9090 on: September 19, 2013, 01:32:21 am »

With Splint gone, isn't there a fairly-significant power vacuum? He was kind of a critical character. It'd be interesting to see how this plays out in the narrative.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: September 19, 2013, 02:30:37 am »

No doubt it would cause a power vacuum, given that the now highest ranking civilian is Simon Tam - though the fort will likely look to Fischer if she's awake, and Dauros if she's not.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: September 19, 2013, 02:55:24 am »

He's already on thin ice what with his first act being to call Dibs on Splint's rooms. When he already has perfectly fine rooms.

Of course there is a silver lining! now we can have every bedroom engraved with no nobility to bitch about the rooms of the commoners being too nice.

EDIT: Currently There's actually little worry of a power vacuum for various reasons upon further inspection of the populous.

As the current overseer didn't die, Savero's still the one they'll be takinng orders from, and as said Fischer and Dauros are going to be the ones everyone turns to besides the Overseer.

Of Course if you guys wanna try and write up Simon trying to take more control of the place with Splint gone,  go for it.  ;)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: September 19, 2013, 06:37:12 am »

Simon, Fischer, maybe others..?

DON'T TRUST THE AGENTS

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: September 19, 2013, 02:29:43 pm »

Well, its vault building time. Deep underground, with walls of metal and stone...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: September 20, 2013, 03:08:46 pm »

Can I get dwarfed as an engraver?

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: September 20, 2013, 05:09:12 pm »

At least... At least they died in battle.  :'(

On a happier note, am I dwarfed as one of those orphans? If not can I be dwarfed as one Flame, Swordsorphan?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:10:48 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: September 20, 2013, 05:10:06 pm »

THAT WAS NOT THE EDIT BUTTON

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: September 20, 2013, 07:24:29 pm »

Yes, and yes. Consider your dorfing's done.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: September 22, 2013, 02:30:58 am »

Another update shall be coming soon. As we had no unnamed young'uns or engravers, I assigned the roles to two unclaimed farmworkers and during the pending military shuffle will place Flame under LFTON's command. Choppa has been predictably put into Paintbrush's squad as well. Time to put that axe to work chopping people instead of trees!

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: September 22, 2013, 08:07:47 am »

If no migrants came, can I instead be dorfed from one of the farmers and shaped into a sword dwarf, leather everything except for the helmet, shield and sword if its not too much, leather so my dwarf can move faster in the battlefield, lets just hope he gets some dodge training before the next siege arrives.
this is all of course only going to happen if so you choose and don't think its too much to ask for.

ranger22550

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: September 22, 2013, 10:11:08 am »

shoot I would love my guy to get dragon scale under armor for fire proofing and candy plate armor  8)  but dragon scale is more rare then candy is since every embark has candy veins but dragon megabeast are rare. and i think this worlds in the 300-400 range on its year right? if so most mega beast are gone

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: September 22, 2013, 12:53:02 pm »

If no migrants came, can I instead be dorfed from one of the farmers and shaped into a sword dwarf, leather everything except for the helmet, shield and sword if its not too much, leather so my dwarf can move faster in the battlefield, lets just hope he gets some dodge training before the next siege arrives.
this is all of course only going to happen if so you choose and don't think its too much to ask for.

I've set everyone up with the same basic kit save the CDC who got and even more sparse set-up (of just a mail shirt, breatplate and helmet along with their crossbows) so that there'd be enough metal armor to go around. Leather is standard issue now under the metal though for a little added cushioning. Due to necessity, this little hoard of new meat is getting jammed into the old training room.

shoot I would love my guy to get dragon scale under armor for fire proofing and candy plate armor  8)  but dragon scale is more rare than candy is since every embark has candy veins but dragon megabeasts are rare. and i think this worlds in the 300-400 range on its year right? If so most megabeasts are gone.

It's not masterwork (the presence of pikedwarves probably threw you) and it's the early 200s. We've been assailed by numerous forgotten beasts and several Minotaurs as well as various other creatures. Really we've just not had the luck to have such mighty beasts come for us. Besides, most things don't come with fire so there's that.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: September 22, 2013, 03:13:23 pm »

So how much longer do you say until every dwarf in the fort is drafted for the final battle?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: September 22, 2013, 03:17:52 pm »

Honestly I'm pretty sure I just drafted something like 60% of the population counting the CDC.
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 815