Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196473 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9195 on: October 12, 2013, 09:23:42 pm »

Old copies are allready up...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9196 on: October 12, 2013, 09:45:00 pm »

Almost foregot about it. I'll finish the battle tomorrow night and post it You'll have to abandon it yourself though.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: October 12, 2013, 09:49:51 pm »

I haven't yet given up on my minecraft replica, btw. I just hope I can get it finished before SBII starts up, if it's still on. Can anyone recommend a texture pack? Or would vanilla be more appropriate? I'm a bit torn between the two.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: October 12, 2013, 09:59:09 pm »

I'd say vanilla or phoebus, since those are two we used here.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: October 13, 2013, 08:49:44 am »

Spearbreakers, it has been an honor knowing thee.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: October 13, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »

I meant for minecraft, though I've pretty much settled on this one at this point.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: October 13, 2013, 03:37:56 pm »

You hath settled well.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: October 13, 2013, 04:36:37 pm »

I can honestly hardly wait until the sequel my lack of internet and therefore my lack of participation (even compared to my little participation normally) has kinda made me sad. But still this fort is one of the best I've ever read.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: October 13, 2013, 04:59:36 pm »

And so, the bastion remains...

Honestly, who thought we'd last this long?

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: October 13, 2013, 05:09:47 pm »

I sure have, I have to say that ending the fort comes as a surprise to me.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: October 14, 2013, 01:02:58 am »

The final save! Get it while you can, because DFFD was being uncooperative and gamefront won't hang onto it forever.

We've finally finished the game boys and girls. The save is still in mid-late Obsidian, as I didn't expect our troops to wipe out both the zeds and the Spawn in such an efficient manner. Special mention goes to Dicer who held back a whole squad of Spawn alone and even took several down before the Ironbreakers showed up, removing arms and legs with their hammers.

Anyways, good show everyone, and to they who take the save for personal enjoyment, good hunting. I'm glad we did this and glad to have met the lot of ya!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: October 14, 2013, 01:04:45 am »

Celebrations aplenty!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: October 14, 2013, 02:31:12 pm »

Just got the save, and will begin excavation as soon as I get a free moment (read: this weekend)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: October 14, 2013, 03:39:19 pm »

Holy shit, you weren't kidding about this place being crazy! It's one thing to hear about it, but quite another to scoll around on my own. Along my tour I found things like a named adamantine battle axe just sitting down in a murky pool, the entirety of the second or third cavern, I'm not even sure which, is smoothed over, long tunnels and empty rooms that take up almost 1/4 of the z-level they are in, but are still smoothed and even engraved in places. And that's to say nothing of the charming villa on the shores of the eerie glowing pits of hell.

I have no idea what half of this stuff is even supposed to be, but dammit it will be glorious.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: October 14, 2013, 03:42:52 pm »

Must've been Gemblade's axe.
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 815