Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2193830 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9240 on: October 17, 2013, 10:44:30 pm »

Hello, all... looks like I got delayed from returning until a little too late. :\

How is everybody?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9241 on: October 17, 2013, 10:45:14 pm »

Hey hey! You're back! What took ya man?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: October 17, 2013, 10:52:54 pm »

Internet access, mostly, along with a slew of other things. I sort of have a full-time job now, yay! It's sapping my time, but at least I'm getting to learn Java in the meantime, which is something I'd been meaning to do.

But yes, I'm back! I can access the forums, whoo! I have a lot to catch up on... and I'm hoping certain people aren't upset with/disappointed in me for disappearing again. :\

And trust me, everybody, cannons as weapons isn't overkill when you deal with manamaids.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: October 17, 2013, 10:53:36 pm »

Naw, its just fun to have someone to miss.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: October 17, 2013, 10:55:59 pm »

And trust me, everybody, cannons as weapons isn't overkill when you deal with manamaids.

Oh dear god I'd forgotten about them as enemies.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: October 17, 2013, 10:59:23 pm »

Naw, its just fun to have someone to miss.
Aw, I was missed? I feel bad... I really wish I could've gotten on more often. Things just keep coming up. :\ Remember Mr Frog's old theory that the universe was conspiring against me? Yeah...

Oh dear god I'd forgotten about them as enemies.
You didn't think I was kidding, did you? :P

Just keep the kids inside. They tend to die of blood loss when they bleed from the eyes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: October 17, 2013, 11:01:54 pm »

We keep'em inside anyway. Mostly to avoid the whole "Waaaaah, my stupid kid followed my wife/husband out into a ferocious battle and got decapitated! Waaaaah!"

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: October 17, 2013, 11:05:06 pm »

:P Yeah, I guess. lol    But still, even so. If you send someone like Fischer in ahead of everybody else, Spearbreakers style, your Fischer will get permasquashed. Nobody can stand the sight of a manamaid busting a sexy move. It destroys you.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: October 17, 2013, 11:06:46 pm »

I believe only someone with a twisted fetish for something that horridly flabby jiggling about would be immune.

I never want to meet such a person.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: October 17, 2013, 11:29:04 pm »

:P Yeah, I guess. lol    But still, even so. If you send someone like Fischer in ahead of everybody else, Spearbreakers style, your Fischer will get permasquashed. Nobody can stand the sight of a manamaid busting a sexy move. It destroys you.

TALVI

TALVI WE MISSED YOU

TALVI MESSAGE ME
Also how's life?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: October 17, 2013, 11:53:23 pm »

I believe only someone with a twisted fetish for something that horridly flabby jiggling about would be immune.

I never want to meet such a person.
Don't worry, Splint...

I'm sure people like that couldn't possibly exist.

Reudh! Hey! I feel missed! :P How have you been? (:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: October 18, 2013, 12:02:02 am »

Oh sweet mary mother of.... Good god... I'd also forgotten about that. That get's all my no. ALL OF IT.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: October 18, 2013, 02:14:45 am »

Are Scythoids alway going to be enemies? It seems to me, at least from the stories, that while Scythoids have a different set of morals, they could still possibly coexist with dwarves for a while. It also seems to me that Scythoids would respect battle prowess, which our dwarves seem to have in abundance.
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: October 18, 2013, 02:19:59 am »

Most of those on Everoc arrived of their own volition through a combination of stolen, purchased, or leased equipment from Ballpoint and really big rocks. As such, most will just consider our dwarves prey/potential challengers to face.

For simplicity's sake those friendly to Vanya won't be represented by their own civ.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: October 18, 2013, 06:20:13 pm »

Scythods, in the version of the mod I gave to Splint, came as both allies and enemies. Scythods as allies are pretty much useless, though. They don't have anything particularly awesome to trade, and they don't bring wagons, so...

But yeah, if Splint doesn't want allied scythods, they'd be easy enough to remove... but the version I uploaded for him to test had them as allies as well as enemies.
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 815