Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2221782 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9315 on: October 23, 2013, 11:28:23 am »

You died in an alternate run that was caused by The Master accidently'ing an outpost liaison.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9316 on: October 23, 2013, 11:44:45 am »

Oh master, you get into the craziest shenanigans. Sorry for the trouble. I feel guilty for abandoning this story after i promised so many times to write.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: October 23, 2013, 11:45:31 am »

Don t feel bad, I'm ina slump with my own projects and I never finished my parts of the timewar.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: October 23, 2013, 12:09:25 pm »

Well, we'll have a whole sequel to fill in the plot holes left by this story. Should be plenty of opportunity to write.
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: October 23, 2013, 12:14:54 pm »

I just started rereading the doc. It's getting me jazzed up abou DF again. When i get home, i think i'll give it another go, but i've got a lot of stuff to catch up on, not to mention all the rust i've accumulated in the year or two since i last played
What do you think? Yes? No?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #9320 on: October 23, 2013, 03:57:25 pm »

Ok, so bump and I just read this while re-reading the dfhack readme.

Siege Engine

The siege-engine plugin enables siege engines to be linked to stockpiles, and aimed at an arbitrary rectangular area across Z levels, instead of the original four directions. Also, catapults can be ordered to load arbitrary objects, not just stones.

I instantly thought:
Quote from: Splint
Dear god, mugapults....Mugapults could be a reality... THIS IS FUCKING GENIUS!!!

Is that odd?

I'm not familiar with dfhack, but does this mean there will be Mugapults?
If so, I preemptively claim a dorfing of a siege engineer/mechanic. Unless Splint wants, as this was HIS brainchild.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: October 23, 2013, 04:32:57 pm »

Speaking of siege weapons, will there be a mounted railguns? I remember a conversation about them, but I don't recall what the decision was.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: October 23, 2013, 04:33:42 pm »

I think we cant make siege weapons so it would have to be a "animal".
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: October 23, 2013, 04:41:41 pm »

It would indeed be possible to have something akin to an emplaced rail cannon "workshop" and have a dwarf be transformed into a weapon operator for a short time (with the temporary transformation's wearing off meaning they ran out of slugs to fire)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: October 23, 2013, 04:51:06 pm »

I think he's implying they communicate through pheromones?

EDIT:@Baffler

Don't take any of this personally, Mr.Frog just wants the best for his brainRAWs(brainchild as well?).

HellSpearbreakers, that applies to everyone in this thread, if you really think about it. The !!FUN!! has captured ourhearts dwarfiness.

This is really sweet. And I'm not even being sarcastic --

WAIT.

Mr.Frog
Mr.Frog

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did I just make Mr Frog mad?

Please, make my death at least slightly less painful...or at least entertaining.

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: October 23, 2013, 05:03:37 pm »

He didn't decide to tear out your entrails and shove frog moss down your throat to make you final moments one of the worst trips ever, so I think you're good.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: October 24, 2013, 12:59:29 am »

Is "frog moss" going to be included in the mod? It could be a gather able plant (not farmable) that brews into an alcohol which causes nausea, disorientation and increased skill gain. (If everything that's been said about it is canon)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: October 24, 2013, 01:46:29 am »

Is "frog moss" going to be included in the mod? It could be a gather able plant (not farmable) that brews into an alcohol which causes nausea, disorientation and increased skill gain. (If everything that's been said about it is canon)

Hey, that's a pretty cool idea, if only we could implement that. I remember something about someone suggesting coffeehouses for dwarves, but it was kind of hard to make. I dunno, an interaction that creates boiling coffee fumes that temporarily increase some attributes, I dunno

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: October 24, 2013, 02:24:57 am »

*blinks*

Wait, is frog moss a thing now? Has absolutely every single silly joke I made both in- and out-of-character now officially managed to become entrenched within the canon?

E: I'm assuming this derives from the small gag I did with Mr Frog trying to brew cave moss.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: October 24, 2013, 03:20:24 am »

I believe so. I don't remember the exact effects but I know know it wasn't always positive.
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 815