Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2197334 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9510 on: November 09, 2013, 11:33:30 am »

Fischer has her own room, filled with mostly kaolitnite furniture. It's all gray due to being carved from a solid magnetite cluster.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9511 on: November 09, 2013, 12:02:52 pm »

@Talvi:

I'm assuming you made that logo thingy? Pretty badass. I recall you having an interest in drawing, and this is pretty much in the same general category, so I for one am pleased by this development.

I'm not faulting you in the slightest for "doing what needed to be done", as you put it. I more-or-less specifically instructed you to do what you wanted, so it's my own damn fault if I didn't like the results. Besides, it's nothing unworkable.
Thanks. :P Yeah, I made it. It's not drawing so much as a 3D render, though, so it doesn't quite qualify as art. I still can't draw worth much. lol  Thank you, though.

And, I wouldn't go as far as to say I "did what needed to be done"... Not so much as I just let things evolve as I felt they might naturally. Unfortunately, the precise way any character will develop depends completely on the writer. :\ We both know very well how differently we write. :P

@ChaosMaker - I most definitely don't play DF uninterrupted. My job may involve a computer, but I haven't had time to touch a game of any sort in at least a month, DF or otherwise. (I'm actually "at work" at the moment... Not supposed to be on Bay12, but I'm going to say I'm "researching"... :P but, in point of fact, I can't be on long.)

@TalonisWolf: I'm assuming you looked up the wiki page for his room before you started out? http://spearbreakers.wikia.com/wiki/Mr_Frog%27s_Laboratory    (RL!Mr Frog may want to change some of it before you do anything, though - I'm not sure he's actually visited that wiki page.) I'm really looking forwards to seeing what you turn out, though. :)

And... Hmm... oddly enough, none of my characters have rooms that would look very interesting at all. I guess Kenzon's condo might look cool, but other than that... Vanya just bunked in Mr Frog's guest room, Talvi's room is shaped like a cavy but pretty much empty except for statues, and everybody else either sleeps outside or outside the bounds of anything I wrote. lol
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: November 09, 2013, 01:24:35 pm »

@Talvi:

I'm assuming you made that logo thingy? Pretty badass. I recall you having an interest in drawing, and this is pretty much in the same general category, so I for one am pleased by this development.

I'm not faulting you in the slightest for "doing what needed to be done", as you put it. I more-or-less specifically instructed you to do what you wanted, so it's my own damn fault if I didn't like the results. Besides, it's nothing unworkable.
Thanks. :P Yeah, I made it. It's not drawing so much as a 3D render, though, so it doesn't quite qualify as art. I still can't draw worth much. lol  Thank you, though.

And, I wouldn't go as far as to say I "did what needed to be done"... Not so much as I just let things evolve as I felt they might naturally. Unfortunately, the precise way any character will develop depends completely on the writer. :\ We both know very well how differently we write. :P

@ChaosMaker - I most definitely don't play DF uninterrupted. My job may involve a computer, but I haven't had time to touch a game of any sort in at least a month, DF or otherwise. (I'm actually "at work" at the moment... Not supposed to be on Bay12, but I'm going to say I'm "researching"... :P but, in point of fact, I can't be on long.)

@TalonisWolf: I'm assuming you looked up the wiki page for his room before you started out? http://spearbreakers.wikia.com/wiki/Mr_Frog%27s_Laboratory    (RL!Mr Frog may want to change some of it before you do anything, though - I'm not sure he's actually visited that wiki page.) I'm really looking forwards to seeing what you turn out, though. :)

And... Hmm... oddly enough, none of my characters have rooms that would look very interesting at all. I guess Kenzon's condo might look cool, but other than that... Vanya just bunked in Mr Frog's guest room, Talvi's room is shaped like a cavy but pretty much empty except for statues, and everybody else either sleeps outside or outside the bounds of anything I wrote. lol

Hey Tal, remember the PM I sent a while back? :P

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: November 09, 2013, 02:14:46 pm »

Mr.Frog-thanks for the input

Talvi-sorry bout that, good luck with work! (also nice job making that sneaky comment!)

Finally- Really looking forward to spearbreakers 2! <revenge of the mugs>
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: November 09, 2013, 05:49:44 pm »

@Talonis:

I never really put much thought into what his room would look like... There'd be a bed, a writing desk, a workbench surrounded by unidentifiable mechanisms and tools, a counter on the side with various chemistry equipment on, and a large barrel of water for washing up. Maybe some books on a shelf.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to blink in confusion/horror at the fact that Mr Frog's room is apparently significant enough in its own right to merit its own wiki page and go back to bed without reading it. I'm not feeling well today.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: November 09, 2013, 06:51:05 pm »

Fischer has her own room, filled with mostly kaolitnite furniture. It's all gray due to being carved from a solid magnetite cluster.

Noted. I may still draw the barracks simply to have fun drawing dwarves sparring, though.

@Talvi:

[/glow]

I did not look for his room on the wiki, I looked through the entire thread instead...
Also, I was hoping to cut out anything Mr Frog might wish wasn't there... no need to add to the flames.

And, at last but not least:

@Talonis:

I never really put much thought into what his room would look like... There'd be a bed, a writing desk, a workbench surrounded by unidentifiable mechanisms and tools, a counter on the side with various chemistry equipment on, and a large barrel of water for washing up. Maybe some books on a shelf.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to blink in confusion/horror at the fact that Mr Frog's room is apparently significant enough in its own right to merit its own wiki page and go back to bed without reading it. I'm not feeling well today.

I actually have the chemistry equipment already drawn...

I remember a passing mention(s) of Dorf Mr Frog engraving. This, combined with his nature to protect everything via trap, made me think he'd engrave his own desk such that there would be all sorts of nasty surprises...

A.k.a he has a *desk* that looks spectacularly engraved.

I'll finish a rough sketch, put it out it on "Imgur" (before dwarf fortress I'd never even heard of it, and now I have good reason to make an account) and see what areas I'd need to fix through you guys.

Edit: Wiki says that he doesn't have glass test tubes... so I made a minor error. On the other hand,
Mr Frog said that he had chemistry equipment, and I believe that Dorf Mr Frog had arranged to get them via Caravan. Can someone clarify?

EditEdit:Does Mr Frog sleep in the lab? It's implied, but I want to know for sure before I draw a bed.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:58:10 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: November 10, 2013, 12:25:06 am »

@Talonis:

I'm pretty sure Frog's lab is also his bedroom (that bit might have changed). I'd imagine he'd eat there, too. It's kind of his sanctuary.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: November 10, 2013, 03:24:02 pm »

@Talonis:

I'm pretty sure Frog's lab is also his bedroom (that bit might have changed). I'd imagine he'd eat there, too. It's kind of his sanctuary.

Alright, so things more or less certain:

-Bed

-Table

-Cabinet with Futuristic Lock(Any dwarf can pick a traditional one unless nuts)

-Dining Table

-Lab/Work Desk

-Stool

-Lab Equipment

Things less certain:

-Chainswords/pikes/whatnot in various states of assembly

-Old Overseer reports from term in "office"

-Glass test tubes

-Portal(He wouldn't have it in plain sight)

-Reports on Spawn, Zombies, etc.

Am I forgetting anything? What are your opinions?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #9518 on: November 11, 2013, 05:13:40 pm »

Looking forward to it, Talonis. Also what is this logo? I can't seem to find it.

@Mr Frog
This was the only one I got around to doing.
Aquí.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: November 11, 2013, 05:28:51 pm »

Funny thing is I don't think we produce mugs anymore. We actually had so many that if we gave them all away we'd probably supply two whole countries with drinking vessels.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: November 11, 2013, 05:36:11 pm »

Funny thing is I don't think we produce mugs anymore. We actually had so many that if we gave them all away we'd probably supply drown two whole countries with drinking vessels.

Fixed that for you.
GENERATION 32:

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: November 11, 2013, 09:21:55 pm »

Funny thing is I don't think we produce mugs anymore. We actually had so many that if we gave them all away we'd probably supply drown two whole countries with drinking vessels.

Fixed that for you.

During my turn, I gave away nearly 1000 mugs and it barely dented our supplies.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: November 12, 2013, 01:16:03 am »

This place is exactly as I remembered it.

Discussing how everyone is drowning in mugs, spawn, zombies, and Fischer is a badass who never dies, although she might sleep forever.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: November 12, 2013, 02:11:55 am »

This place is exactly as I remembered it.

Discussing how everyone is drowning in mugs, spawn, zombies, and Fischer is a badass who never dies, although she might sleep forever.

Fischer's the Sleeping Beauty of Spearbreakers.
Though the beauty part is up for debate.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: November 12, 2013, 11:02:09 pm »

Do you guys think a Scythod could be a surgeon?
"In case of stairs, use fire"
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 815