Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2195329 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9660 on: November 29, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »

It was supposed to be the mossy tunnels somewhere below the fortress where Mr Frog, Vanya, and Urist went through after the gorlak incident... close enough, though. Vanya was wanting Talvi to take her there before the cavern thing.

And guys: Hint taken. I'll set some time towards those replies.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9661 on: November 29, 2013, 06:38:09 pm »

I notice you've been a busy little bee on the wiki Talvieno. Excellent work I saw.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: November 29, 2013, 06:46:08 pm »

Not really - it looks like a lot more than it is. lol   Thanks, though.

edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:57:18 pm by Talvieno »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: November 30, 2013, 02:19:09 am »

@Talvi:

That new one's a lot better, I think. It's easier to see all the colours and details in the texture, so it looks more obviously vegetation-y.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: November 30, 2013, 05:18:50 am »

@Talvi:

That new one's a lot better, I think. It's easier to see all the colours and details in the texture, so it looks more obviously vegetation-y.

I'm inclined to agree with Froggie. That one's far easier to see.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: November 30, 2013, 02:06:22 pm »

Welp, I have found jackborgs, while expensive, make excellent guards for cave entrances. Three pitgorlaks made attempts to get loose and all were met by semi-metallic aggression.

EDIT: Railguns modified lack the raw killing power they need to do anything substantial it seems. Someone went and wasted a little over a dozen slugs on a feral pit gorlak because all the could do without a center mass hit was break bones. on that note, a marksdwarf got the first megaspawn kill in my test fort with a center mass hit to the back sending it bouncing along the ground hard enough to damage its heart.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: December 01, 2013, 12:28:46 am »

@Splint
Go into the raws for the railgun ammo and change [BLUNT] to [EDGE], see if that gives you the looked for lethality. You should be able to change the tag in an existing save.
"In case of stairs, use fire"

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: December 01, 2013, 11:50:23 am »

Megaspawn on the first year?

Why do I equate that to be the Spawn version of a preemptive Nuclear Strike?

Also, how long in-game does a Spawn burn? Because I had an idea which went along the lines of pitting Forgotten Beasts against them to buy time for squads to form up, but if a FB lights up a Megaspawn, those squads would be utterly destroyed...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: December 01, 2013, 12:02:13 pm »

Megaspawn on the first year?

Why do I equate that to be the Spawn version of a preemptive Nuclear Strike?

Also, how long in-game does a Spawn burn? Because I had an idea which went along the lines of pitting Forgotten Beasts against them to buy time for squads to form up, but if a FB lights up a Megaspawn, those squads would be utterly destroyed...

Seems the earliest they can arrive is late autumn. If memory serves, if the symptoms don't manifest in a month or so, you're fine and megaspawn may have their own megaspawnitis syndorome unless that was taken out.

@Splint
Go into the raws for the railgun ammo and change [BLUNT] to [EDGE], see if that gives you the looked for lethality. You should be able to change the tag in an existing save.

Changing attacks is basic stuff I already know how to do. What I mean is while they can pitch an enemy a good distance, it has to be an upper or lower body hit otherwise they'll be fruitlessly pegging the target and breaking bones. I never intended them to take limbs off (which is what edged damage would probably do,) in the traditional sense anyway. I intend to get reactions set up to negate ease of access, so I'll be returning them to proper lethality.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: December 01, 2013, 09:10:06 pm »

Threw this together really fast... not satisfied with it. It took a freaking 14 hours to render. I'm never setting the settings that high again. lol   And the "stick of gum" is for reference - it's two meters tall.

Live spawn never burn away. They'll burn literally infinitely, throwing off dense clouds of smoke. Spawn parts are different, however. They'll burn for about six months before they disappear - provided the spawn is dead.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:22:31 pm by Talvieno »

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: December 01, 2013, 11:22:58 pm »

Really cool render Talvieno, what program are you using?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: December 02, 2013, 01:34:21 am »

Native railguns are meant to rely on sheer crushing force, not pegging targets and hoping something falls off. Ballpoint and Parasol models can/will most likely be set up in such a manner though. Also I dunno why you spoilered that.

Test fort has a statue of a megasapwn killing a banshee in it. Going to have to recheck and see if we just murderized a historical monster that the fort already depicted.

EDIT: Never before has the temptation to kill one of my dwarves been so great as to add to my Jackborg force.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: December 02, 2013, 09:56:46 am »

I'm not sure why I spoilered that.

Do the different civs have different railguns already, or does that need to be added?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: December 02, 2013, 02:02:12 pm »

It dawns on me that I don't know how Jackborgs are made. So I guess the question is how the hell do you make a Jackborg.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: December 02, 2013, 03:03:59 pm »

Cybernetic surgery on grievously injured or dead dwarves, said surgery having been pioneered by Draconik Sankis. They're expensive but thanks to dwarves being who they are as a race, they're still readily available in many places.
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 815