Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2195844 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9765 on: January 28, 2014, 06:50:26 am »

Unorganized... I have masterwork on thumbdrive (oh, did anyone else know you can play DF directly from tumb/stickdrive? No moving it, directly from it.), so I may be able to see what they have in common, and hand you a list for you to skim through.

No promises- my life is screwy, and my priority is trying to find a bedamned scanner that works!

Argh...   >:(
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9766 on: January 28, 2014, 06:56:27 am »

Unorganized... I have masterwork on thumbdrive (oh, did anyone else know you can play DF directly from tumb/stickdrive? No moving it, directly from it.), so I may be able to see what they have in common, and hand you a list for you to skim through.

No promises- my life is screwy, and my priority is trying to find a bedamned scanner that works!

Argh...   >:(

Well I dunno if the dwarven castes are fine but I usually fiddle with masterwork goblins to give them a more varied arsenal and the goblin entity file, while funct6ioning is very difficult to work with right now.

And I knwo that feel on the scanner. Mine was built into a printer that craped itself. Gotta get a new one.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: January 28, 2014, 01:06:14 pm »

So they're going to have a similar mechanic to vampires in that they can integrate and hide within Dwarven Society?

[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:vampire:vampires:vampiric:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:off-worlder:off-worlders:off-worlder:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]

This might help?
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: January 29, 2014, 01:44:33 am »

Pleeeease let people being unable to find scanners not be the next Spearbreakers Curse. Pleeeeeease.

I like the idea of making vital noble positions more-demanding (it's something I myself have always wanted to implement), but some of the new positions seem a bit pointless. What practical purpose do the Disciples of Fischer and Vanya serve in-game?

I'm working on something regarding that volcano near Spearbreakers that nobody noticed, but not in a manner that guarantees it'll ever be finished.

E: Gonna put this here so that I'll have to finish it:

E2: Put it in a separate post as Splint ninja'd me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:01:07 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: January 29, 2014, 01:57:01 am »

I was just thinking of them as more for flavor, as like the arsenal dwarf yes they are pointless overall, as are several others, but having a couple squads of knights from the moutainhome could be a great boost to fortress morale, and gives these guys a place to go besides mixed in with the rank and file dwarves. Of course I could always make the positions slightly more demanding as they are tasked with looking out for the welfare of order members and all that. But then nothing requires they be established anyway.

Of course if I had any idea how to make workshops I'd be happy to make one for each (kinda have a basic grasp on reactions; I managed to sort-of make some muskets for a varied human cultures mod I'm working on off and on,) and maybe a general "recruitment station" to turn dwarves into a foot soldier caste that's better for fighting to serve as our professional forces and gets slight deficits to most other skills.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: January 29, 2014, 02:01:35 am »

Putting this here so that I'll feel obligated to continue working on it:

E:

[...] yes they are pointless overall, as are several others, but having a couple squads of knights from the moutainhome could be a great boost to fortress morale, and gives these guys a place to go besides mixed in with the rank and file dwarves. Of course I could always make the positions slightly more demanding as they are tasked with looking out for the welfare of order members and all that. But then nothing requires they be established anyway.

If they're demanding and don't serve any useful purpose beyond providing a challenge, then you're practically asking for people not to appoint them.

E2: Misspelled my own character's name.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:53:20 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: January 29, 2014, 06:20:57 am »

So they can't be used for a flavor position? I mean I understand what you're getting at but still. They aren't even assignable without a present disciple and mayor or governor.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: January 29, 2014, 09:38:57 am »

So they're going to have a similar mechanic to vampires in that they can integrate and hide within Dwarven Society?

[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:vampire:vampires:vampiric:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:off-worlder:off-worlders:off-worlder:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]

This might help?

Huh. Well, it appears you don't need the bloodsucker tag. I almost want to give this tag to Goblins and Elves to see if it will start civil wars amongst themselves...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: January 29, 2014, 04:25:13 pm »

@Splint:

They can totally be used for a flavour position, but -- and I'm only speaking for myself here, mind -- it just feels weird to me to elect a noble position when I know it'll just be a pointless hassle, even if there's an RP purpose. Of course, I probably won't actually be taking a turn in the sequel (uploading and sorting all the images for CraftedDreams was a huge pain in the ass that I don't care to repeat), so it really comes down to whether anyone else feels the same way (to which my instincts say no).

If you haven't already, it's probably possible to make the Disciples boost morale in the same way that Champions (I think) do in vanilla, so that they aren't a complete waste of effort.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: January 29, 2014, 05:00:06 pm »

Actually that is possible, the tag can be copied from the champion.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: January 29, 2014, 06:18:52 pm »

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: January 29, 2014, 06:32:08 pm »

Kepfu. Poor girl. :P

This promises to be epic.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: January 29, 2014, 06:36:16 pm »

Certainly following some kind of ugly night haunting abomination's trail isn't going to result in Thol's untimely demise (or at least gruesome injury!) :P

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: January 29, 2014, 08:18:02 pm »

Currently experimenting with banshees that do not kill, but rather incapacitate affected dwarves with pain for a long time (something like 2 weeks at the moment, though I may extend it further). Decided that insta-kills were a bit too brutal.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: January 30, 2014, 05:14:02 pm »

Can interactions put a dwarf into a coma? I think very high willpower dwarves can resist pain that would incapacitate lesser dwarves. I could be wrong though, I rarely get good military dwarves that don't die.

Edit: It might also be a good idea to give affected dwarves a minor syndrome strong enough that they get taken to the hospital, but not serious enough to kill them. Unless, of course, the hospital staff is a bunch of lazy and incompetent morons.

Edit: ninja'd by TalonisWolf.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 05:19:11 pm by Cynm »
"In case of stairs, use fire"
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 815