Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178399 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A hopeful epic.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 12:08:01 am »

Why me...I ALWAYS END UP IN THE HOSPITAL! OH WELL, WHEN IT BECOMES MY TURN TO RUN THIS ARMOK-FORSAKEN HELLHOLE, MY FIRST DECREE WILL BE THE BANNING OF ELVEN DIPLOMATS! THE SECOND WILL BE THE MANDATING OF EXPLODING KITTENS MADE OUT OF PITCHBLENDE!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 12:10:27 am »

Ah, I see now... It's hard to see bridges while they're raised.

You built a retractable bridge, though... So... no defense. :P Might as well be nothing there.  :D  :D  :D

In retrospect you should've embarked on a more... vicious evil biome. Ah well, looking forward to the secret race!
I helped test the secret race... You're going to be glad we don't have husks (hopefully we won't, anyway).

Why me...I ALWAYS END UP IN THE HOSPITAL! OH WELL, WHEN IT BECOMES MY TURN TO RUN THIS ARMOK-FORSAKEN HELLHOLE, MY FIRST DECREE WILL BE THE BANNING OF ELVEN DIPLOMATS! THE SECOND WILL BE THE MANDATING OF EXPLODING KITTENS MADE OUT OF PITCHBLENDE!
#1... I'll let you handle that. #2... I like the way you think.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 12:11:55 am »

Honestly it's because Doctormonch was lazy about making coke so I could have fancy metal shoes made for the soldiers. If that 'bold hadn't clipped your foot you probably would have beat him to a bloody pulpy mess.

And I support the elf killing. Spearbreakers was founded to defend dwarves and humans,who care not about the trees. Not pointy eared pricks who make constant short jokes.

Good luck on the nuclear cat grenades...
Nuke grenades. I smell modding idea.

And I could 've sworn I set it to raise. Ah well. Tear it down or dig a pit under it then.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 12:15:27 am »

In retrospect you should've embarked on a more... vicious evil biome. Ah well, looking forward to the secret race!

Honestly I was expecting something worse  than Armok running the slavers through a juicer. Last time I tested a border fortress I got elf blood that caused temporary blood vomiting.
There were no mists to cause husks on purpose, cause sustained casualties will be bad enough when the mystery race drops by.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 12:20:36 am »

If any of you people have heard of Dr. Demento Zant from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, then you know the kind insanity I'm aiming for.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:23:49 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 12:24:54 am »

If any of you people have heard of Dr. Demento Zant from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, then you know the kind insanity I'm aiming for.

Why do I feel your dwarf will have a burning hatred of kobolds for the rest of his days.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 01:46:53 am »

awesome, its up and running.

my turn is after The Master's...  :-\

My dwarf is a miner.  :)

there is blood rain of the very race thats supposed to be the main enemy, high five.

btw this will be the first succession game i will participate in, should be fun.

and if this creation of madmen makes it to year 13 ill take that turn.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 01:49:20 am »

awesome, its up and running.

my turn is after The Master's...  :-\

My dwarf is a miner.  :)

there is blood rain of the very race thats supposed to be the main enemy, high five.

btw this will be the first succession game i will participate in, should be fun.

and if this creation of madmen makes it to year 13 ill take that turn.
Bombzero is currently making mugs. :\ I have no idea why the miners are assigned to crafts duty. lol

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 02:42:21 am »

probably filler jobs, i also give my miners some pointless stuff to do when off duty, keeps em busy.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 05:22:11 am »

This is the leather-bound journal of Talvi Diamondknight. Depicted on the cover is an artist's impression of an engraving of a masterwork leather-bound journal entitled "The Legs of Feasting". Depicted on the back is an image of a dwarf and purring maggots. The dwarf is surrounded by the purring maggots. The dwarf looks terrified. The pages menace with spikes of iron.

1st of Granite, 201
   Ach, I have no idea why old Splint thought he ought to give me the job of overseer, with me being a mechanic an' all... I mean, he's mighty attractive and such, far as dwarves go, but still. Least he has no prejudice against us womenkind. However, in lookin' back, there might be an earball of truth worth a splinter's hide in what he did - he doesn't know how to build a raising bridge to save his own skin. First thing's first - we have to dig a pit beneath it to get it going the way it's supposed to be. Otherwise, the goblins will just trounce on in here while we're eating our masterpiece wombat intestine roasts - and who'd want that, eh? -wink wink- Bad for us, though - we're going to have to pull the whole thing up afore we can dig under it. I put Sus to work on that, as my first act/duty thing... I need to get used to being leader, fast.

This is as bad luck for us as if we'd happened on a trap hidden in web and gotten everything we wore dumped, as my granpappy used to tell me as we were working on wooden puzzleboxes, when I was a lass.

Also, I think I need a room... I mean, not that I'm getting any action anytime soon - but being overseer and all...

I see about as much reason to build up/down stairs as I see to paint a butterfly blue! Splint didn't build spiral stairs, he built these complex patterns I cain't figure out! I'm building spirals downwards from here on. And I'm designing myself a new room - shaped like my favorite animal, a cavy. I can, right? I'm the boss lady here now. And they're so cute! Might as well have a bit of comfort so long as we're here.

Long as I'm thinking about it, we do need beds, too... We've gone without proper rooms for well-on nigh a year now. Splint wouldn't let us have any of our own - we had to sleep with everybody and their uncle watching. Well, as I've always said, a well-fed camel avoids gnats - we need those bedrooms. I'll have them built across from mine.

Ugh, and did I mention it's already raining barbarian blood again? The sticky stuff gets stuck to everything.

I can't tell how the poor hen can even see. Worst part is, it's like that for all the rest of us, too.

Also, we need buckets. Kannan says he can't clean The Master without water, and he needs a bucket for it. (I'm betting he just misses the water - he did used to be a fisherdwarf, anyhow.)

It's a wonder we're still alive.

11th of Granite

Choppa is churning out masterpiece wooden buckets - they beat anything I've ever seen - but pointless, all the same... More pointless are the farms - we've been ordered not to touch them. I aim to change that. Sadly, we can't spare anybody for farming just yet... but it won't be long. I'm sure we'll have travelers passing by afore too much longer, and I'll put them to work.

3rd of slate
oh, Armok... we need to make some real weapons for the soldiers. The Master already decided he loves his little wooden quarterstaff. He's standing there right now, even as I write this, caressing it and telling it how he's going to "take it away to his castle in the clouds", and such. We need those weapons!

Also, I've decided we ought to build us a tower - a nice tall one. I was saying to myself, "Why, Talvi... The birds in the sky may call their home the nest, but what is the sky to a peach tree?" And ya'll know how yellow peaches are. Anyhow, since we cain't build extra layers above the depot, thanks to the roof, we're making a tower. We might get some marksdwarves who can carry a good strong crossbow to fire at any who might siege us. That would be wonderful to see - and keep our pikemen safe, too. If necessary, we could build collapsing floors to crush our enemies, off the sides of the tower.

Sadly for miss Bombzero, she can't keep making her mugs. For some reason she thought it'd be great to have shelves and shelves of the little things... But she's one of our best miners - I need her in the mines!

I think I'm startin' to do a pretty good job as leader here.

14th of slate
Maybe I'm not doing so well after all... It's like the pumpkin said to the hay bale, "I go with you, but I am not you, nor are you juiced". The poor pumpkin shoulda been juiced, he deserved it... It's sad. But anyhow, I accidentally had Rodge dig the moat into one of our tunnels below... Now I'm trying to seal it off.

To complicate things, we got migrants and such - three docs, two bowyers, a fisherman, an engraver/mechanic who's going by the name of "Mr. Frog" (he must have bumped his head somewhere pretty hard, but he does good work), another mechanic, a miner, a mason, an architect (what the rutile do we need THAT for?), and an herbalist.

At any rate, we now have a total population of 33 - that'll keep us going strong for a mite longer.

25th of slate
I'm starting to like these migrants a bit - they actually do dumb jobs that nobody else'd do - like carrying around rocks and such. I was walking to my workshop, and I saw at least ten of them running up and down that yonder hallway, carrying those huge slate boulders the miners had dug out from way deep. This is good - it'll let the masons build our watchtower double quick!

I'll be settin' them strong, handsome dwarves some jobs soon - perferrably somewheres I can supervise 'em... Perhaps the farms. We could use some work going on down there anyhow.

I'm two months in, had a few problems getting set up, but it's all fine now. It'll come a lot faster after this, but I wanted to get this up before I went to bed. Plenty of people to choose from to dwarf, lots happening, no attacks yet. Looks like a good year so far. :) (also, splint, you dwarfed me as a girl... lol)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:44:36 pm by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 06:27:23 am »

Ah shaddap.
Time for clarification:

27th Slate, 201. Interm entry

I don't see why I got berrated for the minor hiccups I made during my time as Overseer. Granted I neglected to tell Talvi to make the bridge raise like I intended, but that was just lack of foresight on my part.

I'm glad she set to getting everyone else their own rooms. Why in one of the dirt layers I don't know, but I guess that means the stone layer is for the communal spaces and for soldiers to sleep in. Perhaps I should've had Doctormonch get some iron made so Draignean and The Master would have proper weapons an a pick for Bombzero, Considering that The Master has become quite taken to the little piece of wood I gave him for training and Bombzero seems to be a bit obsessive in regards to making mugs from what I hear. Stova said it's not becoming for a dwarf to get attached to a wood weapon. Too elvish, she said. Fischer was going to beat him for getting so attatched to it, but thankfully more level head prevailed. That stupid Kobold had already messed up his foot, we didn't need him getting a concussion from an angry CO to boot.

Haven't had alot of time to write thanks to bookkeeping, but I hope I can get out to see Stova and the others more often.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 08:56:41 am »

Journal of The Master: Entry Eight
THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE CHESTNUT AWAY TO THE HAPPY HOME WITH TREES AND FLOWERS AND CHIRPING BIRDS AND BASKET WEAVERS WHO SIT AND SMILE AND TWEEDLE THEIR THUMBS AND TOES AND THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE ME AWAY TO THE FUNNY FARM WHERE LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL ALL THE TIME AND I'LL BE HAPPY TO SEE THOSE NICE YOUNG DWARVES IN THEIR CLEAN WHITE COATS AND THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE ME AWAY!!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 11:36:31 am »

Looks like fun.

Requesting Dorfing

Ash - speardwarf.

DoctorMonch

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Vivisectionist
    • View Profile
    • History Of Bowmined
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 11:41:21 am »

Honestly it's because Doctormonch was lazy about making coke so I could have fancy metal shoes made for the soldiers.

Yep, sounds about like me.
You lock MonkeyHead's right upper arm with your left hand!
Don't make me Shift-A>Enter>a>Enter>Enter.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 04:14:18 pm »

Honestly it's because Doctormonch was lazy about making coke so I could have fancy metal shoes made for the soldiers.

Yep, sounds about like me.

You lazy bastard. You got The Master stabbed in the foot!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 815