Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178326 times)

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A hopeful epic.
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2012, 03:33:26 pm »

Journal of Mitch, Galena 201

Holy shit.

That...does not sound good.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2012, 03:47:22 pm »

Huh, had no idea this was even up yet.
How very interesting.

Aaand... I'm apparently a pansy a dwarf who understands the value of a tactical retreat.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2012, 04:03:50 pm »

How very interesting.

Aaand... I'm apparently a pansy a dwarf who understands the value of a tactical retreat.

In this situation, you chose life. No-one can even blame you for that. Also I set you and The Master up as long time war buddies, and The Master has gone off the deep end and is in love with a wooden training pike.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2012, 04:12:08 pm »

How very interesting.

In this situation, you chose life. No-one can even blame you for that. Also I set you and The Master up as long time war buddies, and The Master has gone off the deep end and is in love with a wooden training pike.
He's still freaking wielding it - I couldn't get him to get rid of it. lol   And we have plenty of iron ones (no steel, sadly). He did manage to stab the Spawn a few times with it somehow, though...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2012, 04:43:33 pm »

How very interesting.

He's still freaking wielding it - I couldn't get him to get rid of it. lol   And we have plenty of iron ones (no steel, sadly). He did manage to stab the Spawn a few times with it somehow, though...
Well if the caravan got butured there should be plenty of flux (or at least enough for a few new pikes) amongst the remains, providing Frog can get rid of that damned spawn

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2012, 05:23:37 pm »

26th Obsidian, 201 Interm entry.

They took on our ragtag band of soldiers and we won, but our victory was costly. An entire caravan was lost and nearly all our soldiers were injured. The only light in this was Stova's hammers proved quite effective, killing one of the foul creatures. Momuz decided to flip shit, and that ended as badly for him as you'd expect. If I heard right, Nomia and her cat were killed as well. And the best part? I have a fucking monstrosity sitting outside my gate spooking everyone.
And I hope Frog will put it to good use training support troops, who I shall see if Frog can put together from the spring migrants, if any come at all.

And if anyone doesn't have any business concerning the fortress as a whole comes barging into my office while I collect my thoughts cataloging ores and stones and all the new left overs, I swaer to Ast I will crush thier skulls with one of Stova's hammers. But if they come back I'll be happy to take the fight to them. To destroy them for what they've done.

They took my lover and want my home, and I'll be happy to take thier lives. - A pitcture follows in dimple dye of aglowing pitchblende hammer. Around it is the word vengence ad infinitum across the page.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2012, 05:29:21 pm »

How very interesting.

Well if the caravan got butured there should be plenty of flux (or at least enough for a few new pikes) amongst the remains, providing Frog can get rid of that damned spawn
Oh, yeah, now would probably be a good time to mention that the liason "left unhappy"...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2012, 05:30:28 pm »

How very interesting.

Oh, yeah, now would probably be a good time to mention that the liason "left unhappy"...

That implies the expedition leader was dead or  the leader/liason went nuts.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2012, 05:34:07 pm »

Doesn't it do that if the expedition leader neglects to speak to the liason, after a while? Also, yeah, I think Talvi did kind of go nuts, huddled in a corner, clutching a stuffed cavy, probably rocking back and forth, wide-eyed... Poor girl.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2012, 05:38:57 pm »

Unless it changed, I w- Oh bugger. I was probably incessently catloging all the new knocked out teeth. But.... Oh wait was Momuz one of ours or the liason?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2012, 05:40:05 pm »

STATUS UPDATE:

I've gotten to mid-spring now (it's a bit of a delicate situation at the moment, so I've basically been spending 80% of the time paused while I plan the next move). Got the quarantine chambers mostly up and running. Each dorfed militarydwarf -- plus a few others -- has been safely sealed inside one. Time's rapidly running short, so I've walled the remaining military into the dormitory. So far, only two dwarves display symptoms -- neither of them dorfed (unless we have an Ashsaber or Obok Meatboy somewhere). Not sure about the exact timeframe of the Spawn attack, so I'm going to wait until summer to declare an all-clear.

Some of the quarantined dwarves are getting thirsty; I'm going to have to arrange to have drinks dropped in.

My sister's on the computer right now, so I can't go any further at the moment. I'll try to get to summer tonight and then write Part 1.

Question for Splint: Should we count transformed dwarves as deceased even if they're locked up? 'Cuz they won't be turning back anytime soon.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2012, 05:40:19 pm »

Unless it changed, I w- Oh bugger. I was probably incessently catloging all the new knocked out teeth. But.... Oh wait was Momuz one of ours or the liason?
I don't know... Are liasons butchers?

edit:
STATUS UPDATE:

I've gotten to mid-spring now (it's a bit of a delicate situation at the moment, so I've basically been spending 80% of the time paused while I plan the next move). Got the quarantine chambers mostly up and running. Each dorfed militarydwarf -- plus a few others -- has been safely sealed inside one. Time's rapidly running short, so I've walled the remaining military into the dormitory. So far, only two dwarves display symptoms -- neither of them dorfed (unless we have an Ashsaber or Obok Meatboy somewhere). Not sure about the exact timeframe of the Spawn attack, so I'm going to wait until summer to declare an all-clear.

Some of the quarantined dwarves are getting thirsty; I'm going to have to arrange to have drinks dropped in.

My sister's on the computer right now, so I can't go any further at the moment. I'll try to get to summer tonight and then write Part 1.

Question for Splint: Should we count transformed dwarves as deceased even if they're locked up? 'Cuz they won't be turning back anytime soon.
Yep, Ashsaber is dwarfed. Obok Meatboy was originally "Obok", and I renamed him with a nod towards Meatgod...

Also, Splint (the dwarf) was perfectly happy about Stova until after she was killed, and then it was the bad thought "....has lost a lover to tragedy recently". If you don't kill them off, no tantrum spirals should occur. :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:18:56 pm by Talvieno »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »

Also I set you and The Master up as long time war buddies, and The Master has gone off the deep end and is in love with a wooden training pike.

You set us up as veterans of a Vampiric war. Who can blame The Master for falling in love with a giant piece of pointy wood after spending part of his life fighting vamps? Seriously, it actually makes a weird kind of sense.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2012, 06:00:50 pm »

Also, Splint (the dwarf) was perfectly happy about Stova until after she was killed, and then it was the bad thought "....has lost a lover to tragedy recently". If you don't kill them off, no tantrum spirals should occur. lol

"What's that? My girlfriend has transformed into a ravening monster barely capable of sapient thought? Meh, just tie her down."

The reasoning behind my suggestion was more along the lines of the fact that a transformed dwarf is, for all intents and purposes, dead, save for the fact that they're technically still alive and biting anything they can sink their teeth into. They won't turn back, are no longer a functioning member of your fortress, and will continue to endanger other citizens until they are killed. As such, they can probably be safely added to the casualty list in the OP even if they haven't actually been put down at the moment.

I  guess a better term would be "not dead yet".

The dwarves not getting bad thoughts unless the transformed is killed is the basic idea behind the individual quarantine cells -- if a dwarf turns, not only will other dwarves be safe from them, but they'll also be safe from other dwarves.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2012, 06:01:01 pm »

Oh hey guys just found the thread and-

Shit.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 815