Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178286 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A hopeful epic.
« Reply #165 on: February 29, 2012, 07:21:48 pm »

Just to help me get this straight, the continuity snarl is primarily caused by the fact that the surface of this realm should be solid obsidian, right?

Pretty much.

----

From a small bedroom in the heart of Spearbreakers, a message is sent. Both the medium of the message and the means of sending it are unlike anything which would be discovered by the dwarven race for at least 10 millenia (the exact timescale varies somewhat between iterations).

The following is a rough transcription of that message...

(Take the above as canon if you like -- I'm really just writing it because I'm bored.)
Oh, wow, fantasy + sci-fi... And a Dwarven secret agent? :\ From the future?

ARE YOU TELLING ME TALVI'S BEST MECHANIC WAS CHEATING WHEN HE MADE HIS MECHANISMS?!?! D=
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 29, 2012, 07:23:32 pm »

This... This just opens up all kinds of batshit crazy town options doesn't it....

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 29, 2012, 07:24:40 pm »

This... This just opens up all kinds of batshit crazy town options doesn't it....
Welp... Skip the railguns, Splint, ol' boy, we're gonna need blasters.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 29, 2012, 07:26:24 pm »

Welp... Skip the railguns, Splint, ol' boy, we're gonna need blasters.

If you can figure out how to make a gun shoot non-solid ammo in this game be my guest. I like the railgun Idea more. it breaks things.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 29, 2012, 07:30:00 pm »

Plus, I'm pretty sure a laser-based weapon would only be good for torture. A weapon that instantly cauterizes any wounds it inflicts would only really be lethal after an extended headshot.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 29, 2012, 07:35:59 pm »

Plus, I'm pretty sure a laser-based weapon would only be good for torture. A weapon that instantly cauterizes any wounds it inflicts would only really be lethal after an extended headshot.

Actually only the point of impact would be cauterized. The area around it would likely be a bloody mess from the water evaporating all at once, causing cell membranes to burst, in turn destroying surounding blood vessels, although depnding on the power output of the laser and the crap in the atmosphere it might not even do either and just make a really nasty sunburn. Or cook you alive in your armor.

Am I the only one thinking it's odd we 're discussing dwarves killing things with laser guns and time travel?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 29, 2012, 07:37:26 pm »

Actually only the point of impact would be cauterized. The area around it would likely be a bloody mess from the water evaporating all at once, causing cell membranes to burst, in turn destroying surounding blood vessels, although depnding on the power output of the laser and the crap in the atmosphere it might not even do either and just make a really nasty sunburn. Or cook you alive in your armor.

Am I the only one thinking it's odd we 're discussing dwarves killing things with laser guns and time travel?
Apparently I'm the only one understanding that I was making a joke... or attempting to... blasters kind of fit in a little better with sci-fi dwarves, don't you think?

And yes, I thought the time travel idea was a little over the top too... lol   Cool, maybe, but still.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 29, 2012, 07:38:10 pm »

edit: serious lag issues, sorry about the double post.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 29, 2012, 07:46:41 pm »

edit: serious lag issues, sorry about the double post.

No harm done.
It seems like we're setting up one hell of a jacked up setting now.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 29, 2012, 07:58:25 pm »

Honestly, I was just trying to come up with an explanation for the whole But-Holistic-Pwned-The-Whole-World,-It-Said-So-Right-There fiasco that doesn't leave me banging my head against the wall. Of course, there's still a 99% chance that one or all of everybody else will now be banging their heads against the wall, but I have entirely too little empathy to really care.

I also put a list of links to the fortress posts in my first post in this thread, because the thread's kind of getting clogged with banter.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 29, 2012, 08:00:29 pm »

It seems my character is degrading a little mentally... butchering yaks for a hobby, and choosing one in particular because of its gibbering...

i may just continue this trend on my turn.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 29, 2012, 08:04:04 pm »

It seems my character is degrading a little mentally... butchering yaks for a hobby, and choosing one in particular because of its gibbering...

No, no, you misunderstand. You weren't butchering the gibbering yak. You were butchering the berserk yak, who got its skull caved in over half a month before.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 29, 2012, 08:06:15 pm »

Honestly, I was just trying to come up with an explanation for the whole But-Holistic-Pwned-The-Whole-World,-It-Said-So-Right-There fiasco that doesn't leave me banging my head against the wall. Of course, there's still a 99% chance that one or all of everybody else will now be banging their heads against the wall, but I have entirely too little empathy to really care.

I also put a list of links to the fortress posts in my first post in this thread, because the thread's kind of getting clogged with banter.

Good call. The only reason this is happening is cause the updates are so damn far apart we end up babbiling like a stark raving mad pack of chickens.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 29, 2012, 08:08:38 pm »

Ash cancels living: Interrupted by Holistic urges.

"Liveeeeeeeeeeer..."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 29, 2012, 08:10:18 pm »

Ash cancels living: Interrupted by Holistic urges.

"Liveeeeeeeeeeer..."

Yup. And congratz buddy, you got ot be the first community member killed in action (You may as well be dead upon transformation.)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 815