Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178192 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A hopeful epic.
« Reply #180 on: February 29, 2012, 08:16:27 pm »

So, this fort is turning out... well enough. but umm... why didn't you plant pig tails? they are a brewable, edible, weavable plant!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 29, 2012, 08:17:38 pm »

So, this fort is turning out... well enough. but umm... why didn't you plant pig tails? they are a brewable, edible, weavable plant!

I meant to get planting started, but ran out of time. So that kinda blew up in my face....

And just for the record, my office is close to the surface so the liason can just get in and out.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 29, 2012, 08:18:02 pm »

Ash is still in her cell, BTW (same w/ Softa). I'm thinking it'd be fun to drop goblins in for her to snack on.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 29, 2012, 08:19:13 pm »

Ash is still in her cell, BTW (same w/ Softa). I'm thinking it'd be fun to drop goblins in for her to snack on.

YOu said it, so that means you must wanna do it! DO IT! -devolves into incoherent string of obsceneties and nonsense-

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 29, 2012, 08:20:22 pm »

Okay, sorry about that, my connection keeps cutting out on me for some reason.

Seriously.
This ---> "Urist McNarrator #2 cancels Tell Correct History: went insane"   <--- This
Everything makes sense. If the second narrator (the one who said the world turned into a block of obsidian) was crazy, it doesn't matter what he said - all of it's irrelevant.

Also, I'll put the links in my first post - it's closer to the front than Mr Frog's is.

18th Felsite, 502 - Talvi's journal
I'm feelin' better now, 'n I was afore. Mr Frog got one of th' nice craftsdwarves to make me a stuffed cavy! I drew a picshur o' her - here she is:

she's all cute and such, and she has a nice pretty lil' hairbow in her hair, 'cuz she's goin' a courtin'. She's gonna find a nice, strong cavy man an' they're gon' get married, and live happ'ly e'er after. =D

Mr Frog's been givin' me work, same as I used to do - I'm learnin' to build stuff! he says I'll get better if I have things to get my mind off of other things... I dunno what he means, though.

People come 'round to see me every now and then, but mainly I talk to Joseph. He's tall, and nobody else can see him 'cuz he's so fast and good at hiding. He tells me that there were people outside, and they alls got slaughtered. Well. I think they were stupid not to come in. Anyone can climb a vert'cal bridge - he says so. Oh, and 'fore I ferget - Mr Frog never did get around to sayin' if he took care of Nomia for me. Poor girl... I hope she doesn't mind sleepin' on the grass so much. I'm jus' happy I have my cavy room.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:37:09 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 29, 2012, 08:38:17 pm »

Here's my theory on what happened: Holistic and her crew dug down to the mantle, released the lava, yada yada, everything burns, blah blah blah, BUT! The dwarf narrating everything is trapped in a little (insert magma-safe stone here) tower near Syrupleaf. The magma raises to the top of the tower (fortunately the windows are made out of obsidian cabochons or something), turns to obsidian, and to the narrator it looks like, for all the world, that the world is covered with obsidian. Being locked away in the pitch-black tower for the rest of his miserably short life would more or less make it feel pretty natural to assume that the gods had abandoned the planet for good.

"ARMOK WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME"

sorry about the huge size
Quote from: Neil Gaiman
George R.R. Martin is not your b****.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 29, 2012, 08:39:13 pm »

I don't really like the idea of discrediting the narrator. It feels kind of cheap.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 29, 2012, 08:40:15 pm »

I don't really like the idea of discrediting the narrator. It feels kind of cheap.

aww even after the pic...

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 29, 2012, 08:41:21 pm »

Well, yeah... But you have to admit - what the last narrator was saying didn't even match the rest of the story. So either that narrator was incorrect, or the other ones were...

Also, SolPyre, that was gold. lol   :D  +9000 Internets for you, my good sir.

LATE EDIT: This is because Tinypic destroyed SolPyre's art, which was originally not a dragonponyllamadog. This is the original:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:36:57 pm by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 29, 2012, 08:46:06 pm »

That pic was made of win.

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 29, 2012, 09:02:32 pm »

To clarify I liked the ending the last narrator wrote, there was a poetic finality to it, but for the purposes of this fort the narrator trapped in/on a tower workaround is my favorite.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 29, 2012, 09:06:17 pm »

To clarify I liked the ending the last narrator wrote, there was a poetic finality to it, but for the purposes of this fort the narrator trapped in/on a tower workaround is my favorite.
I'm the exact same way - I'd rather we not have to have a workaround at all... but we're kind of driven to it.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:10:35 pm by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 29, 2012, 09:09:57 pm »

We'll work around it. We're already discussing some omnipotent and deranged multidimensional company and maddorfs trapped in towers watching massive clusterfucks.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 29, 2012, 10:10:01 pm »

As long as I get enough Liver to snack on I'm happy.

And considering the whole "world is flooded with magma and is now obsidian" deal...
It's kind of hard to travel around the world and confirm that, indeed, the world is now obsidianized, isn't it?

As I Chinese man, I feel compelled to say... just because we call our country "Center country" doesn't mean it's, y'know, all that important.

oh. and. requesting dorfage as Ash II once Ash I dies. :D it'll be fun to see how many times I die/turn before I stop dying/turning.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 29, 2012, 10:17:08 pm »

As long as I get enough Liver to snack on I'm happy.

And considering the whole "world is flooded with magma and is now obsidian" deal...
It's kind of hard to travel around the world and confirm that, indeed, the world is now obsidianized, isn't it?

As I Chinese man, I feel compelled to say... just because we call our country "Center country" doesn't mean it's, y'know, all that important.

oh. and. requesting dorfage as Ash II once Ash I dies. :D it'll be fun to see how many times I die/turn before I stop dying/turning.
Alrighty. I'll stick you on the awaiting dorfs list then. Same occupation?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 815