Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178229 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2012, 02:32:39 am »

Yeah, no kidding... lol     I wish Toady would put in settings in the interactions that would allow you to give someone a memory... I want that "doesn't really care about anything anymore" tag.

That would mean one fight with the Manamaids is all we'd need for a near tantrum proof fortress army.

Afterall, they won't care if thier friends die so long as they never see that sight again.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 04, 2012, 02:37:22 am »

Urist McHammerdwarf: "Oh, by Armok and all things bloody holy! Those... oh, they're so... so... so hideous! Words don't even begin -"
Urist McMacedwarf: <vomits buckets>
Urist McHammerdwarf: "By Armok, we need to repel those things somehow. I have it! The catapults!"
Urist McWorthless: "But sir! We're out of boulders!"
Urist McHammerdwarf: "We don't need any boulders..." *goes and gets own son, stuffs into catapult* "REMEMBER, CATTEN! DON'T LOOK DIRECTLY AT THEM OR YOU'LL WISH YOU TURNED TO STONE!!!!!" *pulls lever*

catten has collided with the manamaid!
catten bounces backwards!

Urist McWorthless: "Why didn't you just use mugs?"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:45:14 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2012, 02:57:54 am »

I made a bit of progress on the writeup.

If it makes y'all feel any better, I would probably have already finished it by now were it not for a bit of IRL ‼FUN‼ which left me pretty much completely out of commission for about 4 hours.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2012, 03:21:08 am »

Not a problem man. Things come up. And as long as you made sure to let us know we'll be content to wait and make up witty banter and stories about children being used as ammo.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2012, 07:39:03 am »

Imagine how the spawn get that speed of theirs and attack while just on their hands.

It's simple, it's not the swing speed that makes them fast, it's their range! if the creature has few meters long hands he can move on them few meters forward with one move, so basicly distance that dwarves have to run in xx moves creatures can go with one move.

illustration

if spawns have no limb maby they just jump? like this little twat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zcsJEsRWPnI

(also, did you draw that first pic? If you did, that's going in the front, no question - lol)

Nah i didnt, just found it on google  :)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2012, 11:04:42 am »

Hmm... It's a bit unrealistic... It was about four seconds before the would-be spawn leaped, then a whopping eight seconds before the would-be dwarf thought to even move her hands, and then all the would-be dwarf was doing for the next four whole seconds was simply flailing about purposelessly. Also, a dwarf would've been likely to have bitten down, but this wannabe didn't even think of it.

Also, that thing had arms... I was talking about if they didn't. =P If they head arms, yeah, they'd definitely be using them just as well as if they were legs... And still be faster than a dwarf. :P Nice clip, btw, very funny.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:06:47 am by Talvieno »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2012, 07:19:50 pm »

Sorry, guys, but I think I'm gonna make this next update my last. My sluggish update pace seems to be slowly sucking the life from the thread, so I think's it's crucial that we get things moving again.

It's still somewhat busy around here, but I should be able to get the Autumn-Winter section finished and posted along with the save sometime tonight. I'll leave it up to Draignean to decide if he'll do an extra season or if we'll just go winter to winter from here on out.

EDIT: Don't you just hate it when you somehow manage to type a completely different word than what you intended without noticing?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:39:03 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2012, 11:10:26 pm »

Allow me to explain.
GAAH!  :o

Oh well, sleeping is overrated anyway...
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2012, 11:30:08 pm »

Sorry, guys, but I think I'm gonna make this last update my last. My sluggish update pace seems to be slowly sucking the life from the thread, so I think's it's crucial that we get things moving again.

It's still somewhat busy around here, but I should be able to get the Autumn-Winter section finished and posted along with the save sometime tonight. I'll leave it up to Draignean to decide if he'll do an extra season or if we'll just go winter to winter from here on out.
Aw. =( I simply haven't been on today - the whole of the forums seems to be going a bit slower than usual. Maybe you could reconsider? I don't know, we'll have to wait to see what Splint says, but you're still under a week, as far as I know.

Allow me to explain.
GAAH!  :o

Oh well, sleeping is overrated anyway...
Heh heh heh. :D

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 05, 2012, 12:31:04 am »

@Talvi
I dunno... this thread was on the brink of slipping to the second page before I resuscitated it with my above post. If it weren't for your little off-topic side conversations, it'd probably have died a long time ago :-\

I'm not done the writeup just yet, but I suppose I could hold off on posting until Splint says whether or not it's okay for me to finish my turn.

Currently, the idea is that Dorf!Mr Frog becomes too freaked-out to handle the strain of running the fortress due to the stranded and captured Spawns' constant screeching dredging up all sorts of nasty memories (and being fairly disturbing by itself, for that matter), but he could just as easily keep it together long enough to make it through another season.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 05, 2012, 12:52:56 am »

We can wait, Unless Draignean wants to take over the extra season. I haven't said anything cause this was a situation I felt didn't need offical intervention.

Also because I don't know what's happened I can't make another semi-madness/vengence addled journal entry.

If it maeks anyone feel better, my alternat version is going nicely. I now have more shit than I know what to do with thanks to 2 slaughtered caravans, and now both Stova and Fischer are pikemasters with Draignean and The Master really close behind. Stova is now training a second squad, and an architect happened to be a good marksdwarf and is training suppor troops.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 05, 2012, 02:53:29 am »

I'll finish my turn, then.

My grandma's going back home tomorrow (it makes me feel so awful to be saying that as though it's a good thing :-\), so things should be a bit saner chez Mr Frog. I'd love to say that the next update will come a lot sooner, but the last time I said that saw me getting irony'd up the nose immediately afterwards, so from now on, I make no promises :p

I'm finished the autumn writeup. I just need to get everything uploaded.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2012, 02:59:21 am »

*applauds* Yayyyyy
Really, I would've hated it if you lost part of your turn. :-\ And just a couple days isn't too bad in the scheme of things - some of the best (or longest) succession games can approach (or go over) a year in length - a few days is just 1% of the whole thing.

Also, I will attempt to get interest going in this thread again by posting this image!!!

PRESENTING...
MANAMAIDS!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:04:17 am by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2012, 03:05:16 am »

*applauds* Yayyyyy
Really, I would've hated it if you lost part of your turn. :-\ And just a couple days isn't too bad in the scheme of things - some of the best (or longest) succession games can approach (or go over) a year in length - a few days is just 1% of the whole thing.

Also, I will attempt to get interest going in this thread again by posting this image!!!

PRESENTING...
MANAMAIDS!!!

Post the bottom part of the result of its ability.

It will give the rest an idea of what to expect if we can manage an epicness worthy of a sequel.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2012, 03:13:21 am »

Ahhh, all right. It takes some of the hilarity out of it, but...

As an aside, we didn't have to make the spawn thieves in order to make them want to kill all sentient life... Setting their ethics appropriately, and their religion spheres, is more than enough to start wars. :P Found that out through trying to keep Gondor from attempting to wipe out Lothlorien. :-\
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:16:54 am by Talvieno »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 815