Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196729 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #510 on: March 19, 2012, 08:23:35 pm »

I'd love to be dwarfed and write some journal entries for this. I can't, unfortunately play DF anymore, but I love to write

That's what I like to hear! A part of what makes these things truly great is when the comminity starts getting involved! Anything in particular gender/job you'd like? Otherwise you'll probably end up a soldier.

And be careful Draig, I want Frog to sleep soundly at night. Having more screeching infectees won't help that.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 19, 2012, 08:33:02 pm »

I'd love to be dwarfed and write some journal entries for this. I can't, unfortunately play DF anymore, but I love to write

That's what I like to hear! A part of what makes these things truly great is when the comminity starts getting involved! Anything in particular gender/job you'd like? Otherwise you'll probably end up a soldier.

And be careful Draig, I want Frog to sleep soundly at night. Having more screeching infectees won't help that.

Well actually I've decided to sit this one out. Apparently Holistic Spawn not only detest everything alive, they detest everything tainted by unlife as well. And MAN can those beasties shred zombies, it's downright heartwarming when you're not at the receiving end of it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 19, 2012, 08:52:53 pm »

Well actually I've decided to sit this one out. Apparently Holistic Spawn not only detest everything alive, they detest everything tainted by unlife as well. And MAN can those beasties shred zombies, it's downright heartwarming when you're not at the receiving end of it.

Could have them dorfs watching the mess through fortifications or cracks in the walls....

Is it odd I imagined a lord of the rings style battle between the undead and the spawn?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 19, 2012, 09:07:29 pm »

Huh. Looks like the removal of [NOT_LIVING] may have been a blessing in disguise. Perhaps Holistic's resentment towards the undead abominations which plagued her homeland carried over to her children?

Try to see of you can divert the Spawn through a corridor filled with upright spike traps set to repeat. A direct confrontation might end up turning nasty.

I could throw up a screenie of what the arena combat tests looked like, if you need a visual aid.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 19, 2012, 09:11:17 pm »

Might as well. GOnna be a bit before the rest of the season write-up hits.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 19, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »

Oh Holistic, when did you turn so evil.

Did you make the SOH yourself or is it a download?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 19, 2012, 09:25:11 pm »

@Corai:
I'd say the turning point was about when she looked into the abyss and caused the abyss stare back into her.

I made the Spawn raws myself :p I'm probably going to put them up for download once this is over.

@Splint:
I was honestly going to, but I looked and I don't think the image I have is really the most indicative of just how hax the Spawn are.

SUMMATION OF TESTS: Spawn are evil and you probably aren't going to win unless you have the advantage of numbers. Even highly-skilled dwarves wouldn't always make it if they didn't significantly outnumber the Spawn and outnumbered dwarf squads had a 100% fatality rate regardless of skill. Still, adamantine will give you an edge, I think.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 19, 2012, 09:33:11 pm »

Ah, but dwarven ingenuity can trump numbers with the might of airlocks and quantum squashing.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 19, 2012, 09:58:23 pm »

Wait. Crap. I just realized something:

Spoiler: DON'T PANIC (click to show/hide)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 19, 2012, 10:35:13 pm »

Wait. Crap. I just realized something:

Spoiler: DON'T PANIC (click to show/hide)
...I'LL REDUCE YOU TO CARNAGE!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 19, 2012, 10:44:14 pm »

Frog, I advise giving The Master the strongest sedative you can concoct. or maybe an antipsychotic medication.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 20, 2012, 12:59:02 am »

no we just have to point him to the enemy and open the gate, he'll deal with the rest.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 20, 2012, 01:57:54 am »

I have ideas!

We need to test the following on Spawn:
- Necromancy; can Spawns be raised? Do necromancers infected with Spawn retain the ability to raise? Do they turn on their undead or do they turn on the other Spawn?
- Were-ism; what happens when a Spawn is infected with vampirism? What happens when a werewolf is infected with Spawn?
- Vampirism; can a vampire be infected with Spawn? Are they stronger? Do the Spawn attack Vampspawn because of their undeath?

E: I'm going to dedicate my dwarf to Spawn science if we don't know by my turn. Try and catch a were alive, two if possible.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:01:29 am by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 20, 2012, 10:11:42 am »

@Mitchie:
The Spawn infection doesn't affect VAMPCURSE- or WERECURSE-afflicted targets and is itself classified as a WERECURSE, which prevents infected dwarves from being vamp'd or were'd unless and until the fever passes without them turning (which happens in arena tests and is intended, even though I've never seen it in fort mode for some reason).

"Natural" Spawn do not become necromancers to my knowledge, as they don't have MAXAGE and, really, why bother fellating the egoes of the local death-gods when they can bask in the unconditional love of the Great Mother?
I think a necro-dwarf might be susceptible to Spawn infection, though the transformed Spawn are [CRAZED] so yes I'm 95% sure that the Spawnified necromancer would end up attacking his own zombies.

I'm pretty sure "natural" Spawn (or at least the ones in these raws) can also be vamp'd or were'd. A were-infected Spawn will infect dwarves with werebeastitis when in beast form and Spawnitis when in Spawn form, though obviously only one of the two per dwarf (as noted above, the curses are mutually-exclusive).

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 20, 2012, 04:19:04 pm »

Anything except for a soldier, preferably an engraver. I already actually have something typed up.

I wrote this assuming a dwarf would be available. Even if my dwarf isn't named yet, I guess I'll just post it. It takes place before the spawn on the ledge was killed BTW

Spoiler: Diary of Terrahex (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:39:17 pm by Terrahex »
What do you think? Yes? No?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 815