Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178897 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #720 on: March 27, 2012, 11:16:14 pm »

To be more precise, if the initial bite manages to break the skin, that soldier is fucked. Flesh wounds caused by latching on and shaking don't cause it, though, so all you'll have to deal with is the mundane threat of having every artery in your leg torn to rags. ...Yay?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, and two caps + helm doesn't work anymore. :( Just thought I should point that out if you didn't already know. I have no idea why he changed it.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 27, 2012, 11:22:13 pm »

Worry not! On top of covering the torso, arms, and lower body, chainmail even protects the entire head for some reason.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 27, 2012, 11:25:21 pm »

Worry not! On top of covering the torso, arms, and lower body, chainmail even protects the entire head for some reason.
Kind of like this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 27, 2012, 11:28:54 pm »

No, like, the entire head.

The Holistic spawn Wrestler strikes You in the eye, but the attack is deflected by your *iron mail shirt*!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 27, 2012, 11:54:23 pm »

No, like, the entire head.

The Holistic spawn Wrestler strikes You in the eye, but the attack is deflected by your *iron mail shirt*!

Nope. Mail only has [UBSTEP:1] and [LBSTEP:1], meaning it covers the body, upper legs, upper arms and throat. You might be thinking of [UBSTEP:MAX], which applies to robes, dresses, shirts and coats. Also, there's a glitch where the [UBSTEP:MAX] and covers the extremities of the lower arm and head, but not the actual lower arms or the head. Meaning it protects the eyes, mouth, ears, etc, but does not block headshots. It also protects fingers, but not the hand.

I got bored one night and read a lot.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 28, 2012, 12:15:01 am »

...? I very vividly recall reading multiple combat reports of a Spawn biting someone in the face only to have it bounce off their mail shirt...

OH CHRIST

I'M GOING MAD

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 28, 2012, 12:15:56 am »

Going? You signed away what little sanity you retained when you took a turn!

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 28, 2012, 06:52:45 am »

I couldn't find my camera anywhere. Guess the Master is going to die without pictures  :'(
What do you think? Yes? No?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 28, 2012, 01:33:39 pm »

Aw... well, I'm sure you'll find it at some point, right? Don't throw out the pic just yet. =P You can upload it whenever you find it, and I'll throw it on the front page. I'd make a pic, but I'm horrible with humans/dwarves...

That reminds me... SolPyre, how is that picture coming along?

Mr Frog - I'm pretty sure mail never covered the face... setting it to [UBSTEP:MAX] makes it go upwards, like Mitchewawa said, covering everything but the eyes and mouth (and possibly ears). Somehow those body parts stick through. Like, literally, they're above the mail. The head beneath the eyes is still protected.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:36:03 pm by Talvieno »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 28, 2012, 03:05:34 pm »

Aw... well, I'm sure you'll find it at some point, right? Don't throw out the pic just yet. =P You can upload it whenever you find it, and I'll throw it on the front page. I'd make a pic, but I'm horrible with humans/dwarves...

Mr Frog - I'm pretty sure mail never covered the face... setting it to [UBSTEP:MAX] makes it go upwards, like Mitchewawa said, covering everything but the eyes and mouth (and possibly ears). Somehow those body parts stick through. Like, literally, they're above the mail. The head beneath the eyes is still protected.

What I said was they DO cover the eyes, nose and ears. Just not the head.

"Currently bugged, high values of UBSTEP will result in the item protecting facial features, fingers, and toes, while leaving those parts that it can not protect unprotected (but still counting them as steps)."

Link
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 28, 2012, 03:14:08 pm »

What I said was they DO cover the eyes, nose and ears. Just not the head.

"Currently bugged, high values of UBSTEP will result in the item protecting facial features, fingers, and toes, while leaving those parts that it can not protect unprotected (but still counting them as steps)."

Link

Ahhhh, I read somewhere on the forums that they don't. Either that or I got it backwards. :\ my mistake. lol   sorry about that, Mitchewawa, you're right.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:16:06 pm by Talvieno »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 28, 2012, 03:37:32 pm »

Okay, I've caught a bit of a break today. My classes tomorrow are pretty light thanks to a water main break in the city supply, so I'm going to marathon DF today. Hopefully I'll be able to clear up the rest of my year, repackage the save, and hand this hellhole off to someone else.

IF anyone has any questions that my cursory checking of this thread has not answered, this would be the time.

Splint: Yes, they've all been dwarfed except for Dariush, and yes I'm anticipating your question.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 28, 2012, 03:39:25 pm »

How the fuck..... GET OUT OF MY BRAINS

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 28, 2012, 03:58:08 pm »

Whoo! :D can't wait to hear what happens. And then... Sus's turn. You ready for Spearbreakers, Sus?

IF anyone has any questions that my cursory checking of this thread has not answered, this would be the time.
Codyorr wanted to know about his dwarf. You know - what jobs, etc. so he could write some journal entries.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 28, 2012, 06:28:49 pm »

Alright, done with fall. This write-up is going to be fairly short and crappy (It was done over three different computers), but it will at least allow me to move one. Working on it now. As soon as I find the txt file that has my notes for the start of the year.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 815