Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178022 times)

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #765 on: March 30, 2012, 10:02:23 pm »

Sus, in the event that Draig doesn't finish the trap, you are to finish whatever's left to be done before building yourself a giant phallus out of mugs or whatever, comprends-tu ça?
Aye. After all, dead dorfs yield no Mugs for the Mug God.
(Total specs for the trap,
84 mechanisms
3 stone
1 door
1200 iron spikes)
I like those figures.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 30, 2012, 10:06:51 pm »

Spoiler: Journal of Mr Frog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:08:40 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 31, 2012, 12:03:04 am »

24th Timber, 204...203? I don't even know anymore. Interm entry.

Hello journal, been a while since I had to go and spill my guts to you hasn't it? I've spent so much time bookkeeping and whatnot I simply didn't have time to write. The Master seems to have finally lost it.... Such a waste of a good dwarven hero...We arranged for a decent burial procession to what we've taken to calling simply "The Clover." Talvi began work on it, but was unable to finish it before Mr Frog took the pressure off her stress-addled mind. Everyone was present for the procession, and Draignean tried to give something akin to a eulogy. Not quite sure what emu and yellow zircons have to do with The Master going bonkers, but Fischer brained Him with his pike in the middle of the word 'stupidity' and did a better one better fitting a solder. Also, some odd little fellow who jotted a name into the census said that the engraver, Solpyre, theorized the busted speartip we found in the gem shop was what caused him to lose his mind; A single misaimed hit with a chisel and he finally lost it.

I've made official inquiery with Draignean and Mr Frog to see when this... Terbaheks... Terrfa... Terrahex! My, that boy has poor penmanship... Anyway, I've decided to look into his arrival, as before his little visit the other day I didn't even know he was here. Or... maybe it was a ghost of one of the caravaneers? Eurgh.... I must've accidently drank from Mr Frog's mug again. I swear, we have so many still that we've all gotten some kind of oral disease at some point. And those of us who accidently drank from Mr Frog's mugs... let's leave it at the results are not pretty. Mostly this is due to the horrible night terrors everyone but Mr Frog expieriences with the majority of his concoctions. Left everyone a bit... on edge.

I do have to commend Draignean for his plan to make a massive spike trap, making use of our huge reserves of excess iron ores. I've also lodged a formal request to have our melee forces expanded if possible. Sharpshooters are all well and good, but they can scarely strike the death blow upon those... things... I haven't had a chance to ask Mr Frog about the sword I gave him, but I left a note pinned to his door regarding complete weaponization.

-Following is an image of a sword whith a cutting edge made of tiny serrated discs, Splint Lokumeshesh and Mr Frog Spishabtham in dimple ink. Splint Lokumeshesh is handing the sword to Mr Frog Spishabsham. Mr Frog Spishabsham is taking the sword and thinking.-

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 31, 2012, 01:09:11 am »

It feels like getting off a little easy with the spike trap... I don't know. At least spawn can ambush. They have the potential to make it all the way down the hallway if you don't catch them. Still, you can't deny that 15k spikes is incredibly dwarfy... And your plan seems very well-implemented. Awesome work, Draignean. lol   

Really nice, SolPyre - awesome entry. It sounds kind of like either SolPyre is losing his mind or he's got a really, really fanciful mind... Which is it? =P

I want a stonefall trap that uses mugs too. Somebody say "make it so". I'll already be working on it if it turns out to be possible. It's like opening a kid's overstuffed closet, except everything's made of rock, and it's falling from the ceiling. THAT is awesome. Oh, and also, technically, they're appearing from nowhere and raining down on you (I love how you can put stonefall traps out in the open). Huge element of WTF.

Splint - I think you missed my journal entry where Talvi erased Terrahex's name from the list. lol    But seriously good entry anyway. And the Clover was supposed to be for burial, yeah... but I kind of got sidetracked with them all over the place.

I'm going to make a journal post soon... Mr Frog needs mentioned again, among other things... In the meantime, I'll get all of these up on the front page. Oh, and SolPyre - I downloaded your pic when it was briefly working - now it's got a 404 again. Rather than risk it flickering on and off, I'm just uploading it to photobucket, if you don't mind.. If you'd rather I didn't, I'll take it down, though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:30:40 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 31, 2012, 01:13:33 am »

I meant my journal to imply he'd come back and rewrote it. Terribly too. also, seriously what year are we on, cause the fort started in 200 and we're on the 4th guys so I'm confised.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 31, 2012, 01:34:28 am »

Ahhhh, that makes sense. lol     The part with The Master's funeral was great, though. And it's year 203. If you look at the story section in the second post, nothing was written for year 200 because you posted your turn shortly after you started the thread. =P And everything made right now is being posted in 203.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 31, 2012, 01:38:13 am »

Couldn't think of the speeches proper sadly. But I figure implying Zap Draignean made some offensive or rediculous eulogy would be fitting.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 31, 2012, 01:48:57 am »

At least spawn can ambush. They have the potential to make it all the way down the hallway if you don't catch them.

Squawk!

Really nice, SolPyre - awesome entry. It sounds kind of like either SolPyre is losing his mind or he's got a really, really fanciful mind... Which is it?

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I'm thinking it was from the point of view of The Master shortly before he went off the deep end further past the deep end and down into the darkest abyss of KYAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

EDIT: Never mind, turns out I have zero reading comprehension. But I already knew that, so :p
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:51:50 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 31, 2012, 01:51:18 am »

THE SHINEY BLUE THINGS TOLD HIM TO DO IT!!!

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 31, 2012, 03:46:56 am »

Really nice, SolPyre - awesome entry. It sounds kind of like either SolPyre is losing his mind or he's got a really, really fanciful mind... Which is it? =P

SolPyre losing his mind? Well... he's a bit crazy, yes, but its the kind of crazy that only happens in private corners with a big blank wall to fill up and nobody watching. That's part of it anyway, the other part is that he really is crazy or maybe a bit psychic, Im not sure yet.  :) As for having a fancifull mind right now I'm thinking he's more feverish than fanciful.

feel free to upload the pic thats fine with me
Quote from: Neil Gaiman
George R.R. Martin is not your b****.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 31, 2012, 03:52:05 am »

Given he spent n days being chased by boogeymen and other various critters, I think PTSD might be a small factor....

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 31, 2012, 09:30:17 am »

The massive deaths during "Into the Wild Blue Wonder" is attributed to the director dictating there was not enough death.
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 31, 2012, 04:39:35 pm »

Let me clarify. My dwarf was driven insane by a certain cursed blue statue. Readers of Syrupleaf, you know what i'm referring to.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 01, 2012, 01:29:55 am »

The following is a poster found plastered accross many a leaving caravan wagon. Most simply consider it a jest. Those returning equally assure it is not: The fortress drowns not only in blood, but mugs.

On tha back is hastily written on each in redroot ink: DWARFKIN PLEASE! WE BEG YOU STAY AWAY! STAY FAR AWAY!!!!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 01, 2012, 01:47:07 am »

That made me lol on the cold, clammy inside :)

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 815