Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178138 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #885 on: April 10, 2012, 10:51:52 pm »

I request a dorfing, preferbly something to do with adamanite, migrant in the next wave so I can do a nice background, male.

And also, I am in NO position to ask anything, but your journal entries are a little to hardcore anglish, I cant understand much of it. But very nice! From what I make out your having a very !!FUN!! turn.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 11, 2012, 01:10:35 am »

And also, I am in NO position to ask anything, but your journal entries are a little to hardcore anglish, I cant understand much of it. But very nice! From what I make out your having a very !!FUN!! turn.

>.>

<.<

I was too polite pathetically softhearted polite to say it, but now that someone already has: yes, I agree; can you please turn the phonetic Scottish accent down a notch? It is a bit of a headache to read.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 11, 2012, 03:11:00 am »

Yeah, just for the record, I'd let everyone be able to trade partially because of the broker's general bad habit of doing other shit during cravan season. Plus when doubling as bookkeeper I think they prioritize record upkeep due to the sudden influx of stuff on the map.

Also I don't see why you guys are having issues understanding Sus' entries. But then again i have a habit of speaking very archaicly (My own manner of speech is some horrible combination of modern american, late colonial english, 1960s US military and a mess of other languages' convetions sprinkled in) And I think it adds a little character to him. So Ashsaber, you now has the most deaths of us as players/requested dorfings. You want another one?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 11, 2012, 03:39:24 am »

I was too polite pathetically softhearted polite to say it, but now that someone already has: yes, I agree; can you please turn the phonetic Scottish accent down a notch? It is a bit of a headache to read.
Ok, I'll try to drop two out of three ap'strophes and mangled spellings or so from now on.  :-[
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 11, 2012, 03:49:12 am »

Spawn can assimilate into other societies (a fact which I'm sure would shock dorf!Mr Frog to no end). A Spawn that assimilated into a goblin society would likely rise to the top very quickly and stay there, seeing as how they're ridiculously hard-to-kill and don't die from old age.
Well that... was kind of a surprise. I sort of figured they'd be innately hostile to any and all non-Spawn forms of (un-)life, given that they tend to tear other invaders and traders to shreds on sight.  :-\

Then again, I assume that is the modus operandi of the Clown Car1), too, and they also occasionally emerge as leaders of civilizations.
1) While delivering the ‼Fun‼ to your fort, that is.

Unless you wanted an in-character response, in which case you'll probably get one, if/when I ever get around to it.
That would be much appreciated, yes.

Yeah, just for the record, I'd let everyone be able to trade partially because of the broker's general bad habit of doing other shit during cravan season. Plus when doubling as bookkeeper I think they prioritize record upkeep due to the sudden influx of stuff on the map.
Duly noted (you lazy layabout you!). Although to Dorf!Splint's credit, he spent a good amount of time carrying the wounded (the macegoblins got a few nasty blows in) to the hospital, instead of just being On Break or Sleeping all the time.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:54:19 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 11, 2012, 04:39:23 am »

I think the sole reason Spawn can be integrated is spawn larvae get abducted during world gen. Also, just a thought that occured to me: Could the bookkeeper's upkeep be a sign of an ambish approaching if they've already updated the records and there's suddenly more weapons of foreign origin than there were before?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 11, 2012, 07:06:50 am »

I think the sole reason Spawn can be integrated is spawn larvae get abducted during world gen.
That would sound reasonable, except who would want to abduct one, let alone be willing to face a horde of Spawn to get it?  :o
Also, just a thought that occured to me: Could the bookkeeper's upkeep be a sign of an ambish approaching if they've already updated the records and there's suddenly more weapons of foreign origin than there were before?
IIRC, the weapons (and other possessions) of ambushers also appear in the z-Stocks menu as forbidden, courtesy of the All Knowing Bookkeeper.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 11, 2012, 08:34:37 am »

I think it would be more beneficial to replace a book-keeper then a broker; appraiser is a lot harder to level and is a bit more vital to the job. All a good organiser does is make updates (and really, who cares?) a bit faster.

Also, big drops in FPS can also detect ambushes early. I've also experienced instances where goblins riding giant olms would stealthily drown and I'd just see corpses appearing in the river from out of nowhere. It was quite scary.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 11, 2012, 12:59:36 pm »

I think the sole reason Spawn can be integrated is spawn larvae get abducted during world gen.
That would sound reasonable, except who would want to abduct one, let alone be willing to face a horde of Spawn to get it?  :o

"Okay men, you are our elite soldiers and you are to distract the "Spawn" So we can infiltrate their nest and abduct as many of these walking WMDs as possible, UNDERSTOOD GOBLINS?
"SIR YES SIR"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 11, 2012, 01:14:52 pm »

I never really had much of a problem reading Sus's stuff, either. :P As to the broker deal - I only set it to "anyone may trade" when it says they'll be leaving soon. I don't like not having brokers with appraisal skill.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 11, 2012, 01:33:26 pm »

Can i be dwarfed? perferably as a male who only knows how to ue a spear, a shield and a crossbow. well, hee can make bonebolts to i guess. if so can he be named Aseaheru[origional name here]? also with the job title of out-tower guard? you might even build  a random grey tower with a few peeps in it watching for spawn. and possably some F.R.O.G.s in it. if not than thanks anyways.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 11, 2012, 02:59:47 pm »

Not a problem on the dorfing. You'll be on the awaiting dwarves list til Sus does otherwise.

And on brokers, it doesn't have to be the broker trading. Whoever you have assigned will still give the value to the guy who actually is trading. Plus every dwarf who trades gives you a back up apprasier if the original dies.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 11, 2012, 03:31:23 pm »

wow. i just looked at the last save. because i can. and . wow. just wow. also holy crap but who cares.
edited here
whats with "im a magnet, but somehow it think your the north to my north"? [i may have screwed up it a bit]
also the dwarf.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:42:12 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 11, 2012, 04:38:03 pm »

I think the Spawn can also integrate into civs if one of their cities is conquered and the residents are captured.

I personally think it's better this way. Instead of having an entire species that's just arbitrarily evil, you have a race of thinking beings (with a bit of a vicious streak, but still basically people) which have been indoctrinated from the moment of their creation into viewing the rest of the world as their personal chew toy; they're consciously choosing to kill everything based on their own corrupted values instead of just Doing What Spawn DoTM, which I think is scarier.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 11, 2012, 04:42:58 pm »

Plus, they can speak. Perfectly fine in fact, despite thier physiology. Which is equally disturbing. (I had a human adventurer able to communicate with one in a city as if it were any other creature.)
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 815