Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178996 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #1065 on: April 24, 2012, 08:32:49 pm »

Just keep on powering through! We'll get to someone willing to take on this hellpit eventually!

Wait... Mitchie's next? Oh geez. We're too young to die.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 24, 2012, 08:33:22 pm »

Well, Draignean, I tested out your idea. Here are the results:

*‼SCIENCE‼ !*
:o Wow, that's some pretty thorough research right there Talvi. +1 -«☼Forgotten beast silk sock☼»- to you.

Honestly, I think simply capturing a spawn siege would be a better idea.
Curses, foiled again! Damn you practicality, my eternal nemesis!  >:(

The lure and trapdoor design sounds workable. Less ‼Fun‼ than using candy-clad (minus the Achilles' ...uh, palm?) immigrants as Spawn bait, of course, but more practical.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 24, 2012, 08:52:42 pm »

Something may have come up over the weekend. He'll get another day's grace then we're dumping him at the end.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 25, 2012, 06:31:49 am »

Anyone mind if I play using a texture pack? I know how to use default, but mostly for fortresses I made. This place is fucking daunting.

Anyway, starting now with texture pack, but I'll switch back if you guys want me to. Does that cause compatibility issues?
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 25, 2012, 06:34:33 am »

Phoebus' tileset launcher would be very handy there. You can switch back and forth between ascii. I might be confusing it with the Lazy Newb Pack though.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 25, 2012, 06:40:32 am »

If I recall it can fix textures from default to pheobus but not back. Oh well, if there's a problem I'll start over. My first turn isn't going to be big, mostly just assessive work.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 25, 2012, 06:51:01 am »

Yeah... that's the reason I show trepidation in signing up for Community games. Playing in ascii triggers a migraine for me.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 25, 2012, 07:03:55 am »

I got it running, Pheobus crashed because it did not have a texture for modded weapons (training pikes and whatnot). I needed to put a copy of Spearbreakers into Pheobus, update the saves, then put in another copy of the original overwriting the updated one.

Year 205, the rule of Mitch
Chapter 1: The day I got my honorary overseery badge

I had been sitting in my mason-shop for some time, busy working on a lovely rock door. People do not appreciate the difficulty of such a thing, and never seem to notice the intricacy of making a door made of rock can lock and unlock.  On the inside of the door is a series of mechanisms which lock or unlock the door at the turn of a handle. It's genius, yet subtle. And hard to do, which is why a simple door can take many hours to make.

I had however not been too busy to hear the absolute riot that burst from the halls. I had no idea where they're all going. It is the 1st of Granite; the day when the overseer must step down and a new one must be chosen.
Sus's associate (the previous overseer) hobbled over to my shop and simply fainted at my lap, and moaned, "Y' th' new ov'r-seer." in his trademark dumb accent.
"Why?" I asked, trying to lift him off me so I could etch a drawing of a scrotum (personal request by The Master) into the doorhandle.
"Y' seem t' be the onl' pers'n in th's stupid fuck'n place that'll be abl' to fix this mess." He slurred into my crotch.
"Oh, what mess?"

He simply passed me my honorary overseery badge and fainted. I did try to eloquently express my feeling about the situation, and I believe I did so with the crass the situation deserved.

"FUCK."

I stepped on his face on my way out, to survey the situation. Apparently Sus did not appreciate having her power stripped from her, and made an order for all dwarfs to die in order to annoy the next overseer in as many ways as possible. A brief look through the overseers log, I find a couple of disturbing nuances in our fortress.

- A fucking necromancer in our trade depot.
- A goblin hand at the bottom of the dodge-pit strangling some dude.
- A sleuth of undead spread across our fort.
- Our guys are being sent outside; all of them, for many many reasons. Some are cutting down trees. Some are picking berries. Some are adding a couple of goblin panties to their fetish-collection. In the middle of a necromancer siege.
- Our military is far too unsubstantial to defend our fortress in a proper manner. They're also spread far too thin between groups of zombies, picking up equipment, or in the hospital (which I am surprised to find we actually have).
- Many are depressed.

If chaos were made corporeal, it would be a black slurry that we're currently swimming in, making giant 'snowmen' and 'snow angels' out of chaos-slurry. And so begins Day One...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:59:53 am by Mitchewawa »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 25, 2012, 03:22:46 pm »

Ok, so I assume The Master has been skipped and thus updated the list accordingly.

And if at all possible please switch it back to ASCII when you finish. My monitor is not tileset friendly.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 25, 2012, 03:37:23 pm »

so, has anyone looked at the death list, found me and will let me be redwarfed?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 25, 2012, 03:52:00 pm »

According to Draignean, you are listed as missing. So for intents and purposes you are very dead and awaiting redwarfing, but the main post casualty list will have both you and Sus listed as missing in action, presumed dead.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 25, 2012, 04:37:37 pm »

I haven't actually started yet, so I'll do it in ASCII.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 26, 2012, 08:45:42 am »

I glanced at the save... Spearbreakers is a total mess... It's like Armok blew chunks and then sneezed in it. (no offense to you, Sus, not saying it's your fault, lol)

Is there seriously a necromancer in the trade depot, though? How did one get all the way over there??
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 26, 2012, 03:31:43 pm »

can i visit him? maybe he will resurrect me.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 26, 2012, 10:26:19 pm »

Wait a second... Isn't the trade depot (where the necromancer is) right next to the butcher's shop???

No wonder the necromancer wanted to plant himself there... Bombzero and her corpses. oy...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 815