Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2173282 times)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #1230 on: May 08, 2012, 04:58:50 am »

Reudh, Aira and HorridOwn4ge (Kramar) have been dwarfed, and I'm starting my update now.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 08, 2012, 06:14:22 am »

And the rest?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 08, 2012, 07:20:01 am »

Done, they're all conscripts.

PS. This might be my most extreme overhaul so far, this update.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 08, 2012, 03:17:01 pm »

And I put a note for everyone, that there isn't any damn vampires. HAPPY NOW!?

I meant it to be inferred that since the dorfs and whatnot won the made up conflict, the vampires are all very dead.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 08, 2012, 03:40:51 pm »

That was not my first thought on hearing of Vampire Wars.  More along the lines of, 'Army of vampires...  :-X  Want so bad...'

And I'd like to be dorfed at some point, if possible, as Hans.  A male Hans.  Good story so far all.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 08, 2012, 03:50:11 pm »

Yeah, and we're only 6-ish years in!

And come on, if vampires fight an open war with anyone, it'd lead to a pretty much guarenteed ruthless persecution the second anyone is found out. So I figured it would have been inferred as the vampires did an "All or nothing" fight and lost. If there were any survivors, they'd be unwilling to risk being found.

And by that I mean they'd be horribly murdered for thier crimes and treason against thier own people. AKA sucking them dry in thier sleep, thus hindering the war effort.

And again, it was also to protect our soldiers, smiths, and miners (the rest I wouldn't have minded too muh about losing.) But also to protect everyone from anticlimactic deaths. This place I wanna see go down in a blaze of !!CARNAGE!! and !!!GLORY!!!, not cowering like a bitch because a vampire ate Fischer and Draignean, our basically only two competant soldiers.

Although since Bombzero likes to chop things up when thier dead, I'd imagine [he]she's just waiting for the chance to get to make what she chops up dead with her pick. Just waiting for that day the miners are called upon to serve, to let her pick axe rip apart living flesh instead of rock...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 08, 2012, 05:54:10 pm »

Are spawn butcherable?  *shiver*  Cuz that'd be... Unappetizing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 08, 2012, 07:37:25 pm »

I wonder if it's the keeping sapient trophies that allow for making crap out of them....

And Bombzero is essentially the fort's Psychotic butcher/miner.
It's the poor dorf's only realy coping mechanism.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 08, 2012, 07:51:04 pm »

Spawn keep sapient trophies?
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 08, 2012, 08:40:14 pm »

Spawn arms are 100% bone; as such, if a Spawn gets its arm cut off, the severed arm is immediately usable as bone without further processing needed, thus bypassing the No-Butchering-Sapients clause.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 08, 2012, 09:31:03 pm »

Spawn keep sapient trophies?

If there's anything left They might... I have no idea otherwise, but in general ethics don't apply to them in any capacity.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 08, 2012, 10:12:22 pm »

I so want your spawn babies for my game, Mr Frog.  They seem incredibly !!fun!!.
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 08, 2012, 11:41:02 pm »

Okiedokie, adding you to the list of procreation requests

Maybe when I get less lazy I'll post them. If you're feeling sneaky, you could just download one of the saves and snatch the raws up from there, though the ones used in Spearbreakers have a few bugs which I have since fixed.

I'm considering revamping them so that they're immune to decapitation and bisection, allowing them to continue even when they're just half a torso.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 08, 2012, 11:53:37 pm »

I think bisection is acceptable, since that usually involves alot of busted fribs with the spawn. And that means a literal broken heart.

And no eyes means they can't see what they're supposed to kill. So decapitation would be logical in that Armok/Holistic is "Shutting off a broken toaster" so it doesn't monkey wrench everything by attacking friendlies in a literal blind flipshitathon. (AKA no eye = useless. Shutting down meatbag.)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 09, 2012, 02:53:48 am »

Year 205, the rule of Mitch
Chapter 8: Operation Rain

Rain can have a significant effect on the morale of this place; it washes away the tides of blood rain that make knee-deep pools outside, it cleans us of our filth as our only water supply is silty, stagnant cave water, and it represents the polar opposite of the hardships we face; where red blood makes vile, the blue water makes clean. What the blood hides in its murkyness, the water gives clarity. The blood infects our drinking supplies, the water provides. Red and blue, good and evil.

So in me dubbing my plan 'Operation Rain' seemed not only symbolically appropriate, but physically as well, given the fantastic hue of the fabled metal Adamantine. The thirty sets of iron armour has had our armour smiths skills vastly improved. The job re-allocation and migrant waves has left a decent surplus of workers to work on idle tasks. And soon, there will be time to implement my three-step plan (estimated time to finish, four months), and enact The Great Plan. And 'Great' the Plan will be; a true test of triumph and glory that surpasses all that have come before it. It saddens me that I need to keep it hidden from the public eye, lest they frighten and turn against me...

Anyway, the three steps of 'O.R.' go as thus:
1. Revamp the entire set of squads. Revamp the training regiment, revamp who is where, revamp equipment selection and add more to all squads.

2. Adamantine equipment for most of our forces. In this world, dwarves lose. Elves are faster, humans are more cunning, goblins are crueller, the barbarians are more tenacious, and the Spawn are... the Spawn. Our strength lies in our ability to defend in any means necessary; we don't just stop at traps. We don't just stop at an army. Our final lines are our beloved pets! We levy unarmed masses of civilians to fight armies! Hell, our women use babies as shields and flails if they need to. We need an edge; and nothing holds an edge better then adamantine. Our defence will be our greedy pillage of the earth.

3. Crossbows. Neglected by many leaders, yet complained about when levied by their enemies, the elves and goblins. Other civilisations can afford to lose 50 in an attack, yet we can barely afford to lose 1 in a defence. Crossbows keep people alive, and are probably similar in practicality then our beloved (ineffectual) pikes.

I will begin shortly.

12th Galena:

I've noticed there's a sick decoration propped up against our walls; one of our dwarves has been left outside to rot... for a few years now. Am I the only one just noticing this? Why has no one taken it down? Is it to scare away Spawn? Because I think telling them, "Oh look at how decrepit and dying we are, oohohooho quake in your boots." won't quite scare them away.

Gemblade was expected to die in hospital, but we managed to get him out.

I've completely wiped the slate, ready to begin anew.

• The Invisable Walls, pikes. Fischer, Draignean, The Master and two others. Kept in the sake of tradition and the skill of the former two.
  • The Gleams of Rope, hammers. Fed, Kramar, Litar and 3 others.
  • The Mechanisms of Wishing, Ace Rings and The Ferocious Oars, axe militia. Five each. These are going to be our 'recruit mill', and we'll try and train as many peasants as we can. Two led by Gemblade and Pokonic, the other by some guy.
  • Mountainous Socialites, crossbows. Going to need some management later.

Out of the 'recruit mill', 9 recruits have no skill. They have been chosen based on their happiness, their usefulness and their amount of relationships. Each military dwarf is stripped of all their jobs, except for a few (such as Feb, the legendary stone crafter/expert hammerdwarf), and have been dubbed 'Army Dwarf'. At 35 military dwarves (out of 80ish residents), we stand ready to fight the Spawn, and enact the Great Plan.

There probably aren't enough axes to go around, so I'm unforbidding all invader-brought axes and am ordering 30 new iron ones.

13th Galena:

What! Now!? No, no, no no no. This is so not fair, we're not organised. I sounded the alert, but some are still outside. We're going to suffer casualties today. This will be my first actual loss too.

14th Galena:

I managed to get everyone inside, Solpyre trailing far behind anyone else. Luckily, despite his closeness to the zombies, he made it in time. After he gets in, and we close the gate, we will regroup and strike at the necromancer. The abundance of corpses outside is going to make this exercise... daunting, to say the least. Not as daunting as if we'd been forced to fight them before our guys could  gather armour and arms, but still troubling none-the-less.

Let's hope that I fare better against the undead then Sus, who got our high-master armoursmith killed (and less importantly, himself).

The Spawn are here too? That makes over 90 current invaders. Well, at least they seem contempt with ripping the corpses to pieces. Lets hope they find the necromancer so we don't have to.

I've noticed one riding a bear; are the bears in league with the Spawn? We have a bear. Is it feeding them intelligence?

Oh gods.

19th Galena:

A goblin was raised in one of our watchtowers, and Fischer has only an adamantine shield ready to fight. Why anyone made one of those things is beyond me, but at least it is training him in shields quite well.

I've created 6 extra craft-dwarf shops to extract adamantine strands. We'll arm our guys with adamantine pikes, first.

The Spawn are camping near the edge of our fortress, capable but not willing to enter our fort. Is this a 'siege'? Are they capable of intelligent and tactical thought? Are they here to protect us from the undead? Why aren't they charging in? Many questions, yet no way to get answers. Very frustrating.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 815