Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178054 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #1260 on: May 09, 2012, 07:26:01 pm »

So, a syndrome modded pitchblende hammer that is twice as heavy as silver, and the syndrome causes uh everything to rot REALLY slow.  I'm so liking this, especially for the tantrum spirals.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 09, 2012, 07:32:21 pm »

Tantrum spirals? Imagine somebody grabbing up a pitchblende warhammer and hitting somebody in the toe because they're such a bad shot. The toe rots, the foot rots, then the person has suffered major wounds and is upset so he, too, picks up a pitchblende warhammer (and this dude does have a good aim) and goes to town on everybody in the fortress, who then slowly begin to rot, get miserable and then pick up pitchblende warhammers...

Sadly it's not possible, syndromes can't be transferred through weapons. :(

Alternatively, you could have a really nice zombie mod where people who get bitten become infected and turn into zombies, and then try to survive with just the seven dwarves you start with, because migrants might be infected and not know it. Pitchblende warhammers would be fun there too.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:34:54 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 10, 2012, 12:09:38 am »

-snip-

Alternatively, you could have a really nice zombie mod where people who get bitten become infected and turn into zombies, and then try to survive with just the seven dwarves you start with, because migrants might be infected and not know it. Pitchblende warhammers would be fun there too.

Dear Armok no. YOU'VE STARTED THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE... A SECOND TIME!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 10, 2012, 02:35:44 am »

@Talvieno:

Left 4 Dorf?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 10, 2012, 02:54:11 am »

I thought you were going to make a lovely journal entry to make us question your presence here even more Mr Frog...

Is it odd I imagined a matrix type situation with Dorf!Mr Frog facing down some nameless agents of whoever sent him and one said his name like Agent Smith does to Neo sometimes?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 10, 2012, 08:50:38 am »

Sadly it's not possible, syndromes can't be transferred through weapons. :(
There should be a "partial evaporation" mechanism for minerals...
> Urist McCurie is caught in a cloud of radon!

The whole "effect depends on dosage and duration of exposure" thing would probably be a pain in the backside to model, though. After all, depending on dose speed, the effects vary from
Code: [Select]
[CE_DIZZINESS] to
Code: [Select]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:1000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NERVOUS:START:10:PEAK:50:END:2000]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:1000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:THOUGHT:START:10:PEAK:50:END:2000]
  :-\
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:52:36 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 10, 2012, 10:58:43 am »

It'd be great if we could somehow rig up micro nukes with pitchblende. Although lingering radiation would be a small problem...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 10, 2012, 02:21:57 pm »

It'd be great if we could somehow rig up micro nukes with pitchblende. Although lingering radiation would be a small problem exciting game mechanic...

Ftfy
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 10, 2012, 02:58:29 pm »

Not to spoil anything, but Talvieno, with myself as largly the guy save for the Battleyak and railgun, does infact turn the untamed wilds into radioactive hotspots resulting inv arious mutations, ranging from vampirism to super strength and a slight anger control problem.

And Sperarbreakers has had a hand in it all.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 10, 2012, 04:21:48 pm »

Mwuahahaha. Cough.  So, now you're recreating marvel superhero origin stories in the wastes of DF.  Have you considered what a Giant Badger Hulkpire would be like?  :o Other than absurdly awesome.  :D
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 10, 2012, 04:32:51 pm »

If I recall right, the effects only affect humans elves dorfs and goblins, the rest being unaffected since they'll almost invariably be giant or man varients and thus basically mutants already.

I did just have the thought of making depleted uranium slugs from pitchblende for the railguns which gib the target on impact or otherwise instakill them.

Or maybe cause a slow horrible nerve tissue necrosis....

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 10, 2012, 06:40:35 pm »

Sus - there should be, but there isn't. :( Nor any way to get weapons to evaporate, but that'd be the thing to do, make them evaporate on contact and then shoot evapobolts all over the place.

Mr Frog - lmao. That'd be exactly what it would be like. Except we'd have to massively ramp up the current zombiecount to hundreds at a time... though that shouldn't really be too difficult. Maybe a bit harsh on framerate, though.

Splint - That's Mr Frog's version. lol    He made the original, I kind of... stole the idea... and messed with it to have what I wanted - random radiation effects every world. Makes the hospital a lot more useful. lol    Oh, but in both versions, animals are affected too. So yes, you could have incredible hulkbadgers come and take your fort out by throwing your dwarves across the map (though it'd be unlikely). In Mr Frog's version, though, almost none of the radiation effects are good - they're more or less inherently bad. With mine you have a 50-50 shot of getting something good. And pretty much no chance of getting something that's all good - you might get super speed along with severe cramps. lol

Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 11, 2012, 12:37:22 am »

@Splint:

Sorry for epically failing to produce the promised journal :-\ I've been feeling kinda emo lately, and thus have been far too busy moping around like a sloth on tranquilizers to do actually important stuff like write fanfiction of a roleplay of a computer game.

@Talvieno:

I was going to put in good mutations, but then I got sidetracked making bug-eyed ninja thorn-monkeys from hell.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 11, 2012, 01:08:35 am »

It'd be great if we could somehow rig up micro nukes with pitchblende. Although lingering radiation would be a small problem...
Urist McAlchemist cancels Extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.

‼XXUrist McAlchemist's left earXX‼
a cloud of radioactive dust
fire
smoke
smooth obsidian crater floor

... Come to think of it, radioactive dust as contaminant would work, wouldn't it?

Now I feel compelled to work out a complete set of syndrome raws for radiation poisoning.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 11, 2012, 01:47:12 am »

This is a derail. All craftsnerdship is of the most haphazard quality. It is adorned with hanging rings of zombies and menaces with spikes of pitchblende and radiation sickness. On the item is an image of a mushroom cloud and dwarves in uranium by Sus. The dwarves are vaporizing.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 815