Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178099 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #1305 on: May 12, 2012, 05:55:01 pm »

no, blood does not add up into pools last time I checked. which sucks and rocks at the same time. as an adventurer I have no less than half of the liquid from an elephant on me (both red and not) and I'm much the same as if I did not have it at all.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 12, 2012, 06:47:48 pm »

Sign me up as an overseer! I've been away from DF from so long, but I'm ready to raise some !!HFS!!
If there's room, dorf me as Nanghaithya.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 12, 2012, 07:02:52 pm »

Sign me up as an overseer! I've been away from DF from so long, but I'm ready to raise some !!HFS!!

Can I just call you Nang? I only ask because that's the only part of the name that I'm going to remember

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 13, 2012, 04:25:47 am »

Okay, I'm back. I'll try and play through tonight, mostly because if I wait too long and Diablo 3 comes out I will have to try very hard to stop existing.
Imma role a Witch Doctor, and call him either 'Sam B' or 'Witch Doctor Dre'.

Nanghaithya is a high-master animal dissector who leads one of the militia squads.
Hans is a conscriptee.

Year 205, the rule of Mitch
Chapter 9: Goblins, Zombies and Spawn; How too much of bad can be good

You know, the zombies are putting up a heck of a fight. Mostly because every zombie disembowelled by the Spawn can be re-animated by necromancers who wait in hiding. The Spawn, despite not being able to find the necromancer, are stuck in a loop of fighting constantly rising corpses of all races. And now a veritable army of goblin ambushes has come to give them something else to kill... and add to the corpse pile.

I think the necromancers are going to win.

15th Galena:

It seems my recent conscription has been unpopular, one particular dissenter masquerading to have an 'injury' just so he doesn't have to work. (Hey, these calender works I nicked were pretty neat).

The crowded hallways are beginning to slow down production. I know our previous rulers weren't expecting to survive for as long as we have, and grow as much as we are, but this is still a problem punishable with incessant nagging and fixing. The fact that this is a major hallway, with only 2 staircases and 2-wide corridors, leaves me to believe that our previous overseers were all to busy making their own personal rooms filled to the brim with pitchblende hammers with which to give themselves blunt-trauma lobotomies.

*Note to self, need to write that speech down for future use and reference*

I've begun work on expanding all corridors and staircases.

18th Galena:

You know, the battle outside there is quite a display. Looking from the watch tower, there are body bits flying all over the place; literally. Some parts are flying up multiple stories high, and this is a particular joy that I simply can't sketch a picture of.

Uhh... what? From where? Oh, underneath our wells where nothing without wings can get in. Good job.

The zombies haven't killed many Spawn, and from this point on they probably won't be able to.

I've ordered the armoury expanded. Guys are walking miles just to pick up equipment.

16th Limestone:

A while has passed with little happening. The necromancer is still out there, there's a zombie hand stuck in a tree. I've built a few roads to spruce the place up. Dug a large area for extended storage, on the top level.

Begun work on a well from the hospital, this should reduce travel times.

The Spawn truly have been making a mess

20th Limestone:

Rodge, our miner has entered a secretive mood. He's adequate in armour and weaponsmithing, but an adept mason. Shame, I'd prefer an artifact adamantine axe or breastplate, not some gabbro ass-plug or whatever.

11th Sandstone:

The training of the recruits is going extremely slowly, but I get the feeling it will pick up. It has to, in order to enact The Great Plan within my time.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:20:08 am by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 13, 2012, 04:26:45 am »

Eveything is updated. Since we have alot of time to kill, anyone else going to make entries? Maybe give takes on events long past or take a whack at fleshing out whatever the fuck Joseph is or anything?

Oh, and Hans is dorf'd too right?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 13, 2012, 07:52:45 am »

Time to start making things up!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 13, 2012, 08:40:20 am »

This has been an utterly fantastic read, boys and girls. I've spent the past few hours reading through everything, getting completely up to date.

Holy shit this place is made out of a very special kind of crazy. Not the world-burning hatred of Boatmurdered, the "holy fuck everything's going to crap again" of Headshoots or even the bizarre storyish crazy of Syrupleaf.

It's a rather different brand of crazy.

You're actually trying to stay alive rather than screw over Overseer (N+1) - and yet everything's still going to pot. The game is actively defying your attempts to force order on this hellhole.

Lastly? I would love to be a part of this. Admittedly, I am frankly terrible at Dwarf Fortress and would possibly kill us all within half a year, but I can write. I'm not entirely sure that this fort will last to year nineteen, though?

Whether or not it is seen fit to roster me in, I would love to be Dorfed. I don't particularly care about my gender. Or what profession I am, really. Just change my profession nickname to Philosopher, pretty please? (Yes, I know there's no philosopher anymore.) Pretty pretty please? I promise not to surround myself with kittens?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:46:05 am by Niccolo »
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 13, 2012, 09:05:06 am »

ooh yes, another (pretty much) dedicated writer for when I forget about this thread again.... meh heh heh heh heh heh.... anyway I'm about half done with my journal. still haven't done anything with Joseph yet.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 13, 2012, 10:12:34 am »

I don't like double posting, but I always am worried people will miss something like this if  I don't.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 13, 2012, 01:10:06 pm »

Can I just call you Nang? I only ask because that's the only part of the name that I'm going to remember

Sure. Nanghaithya is actually a daeva, or spirit of darkness in Zoroastrianism which embodies discontentment. In other words, build bigger, dig deeper, and spill more Spawn blood!
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 13, 2012, 01:11:54 pm »

Am i listed as dead YET?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 13, 2012, 02:56:45 pm »

Aseaheru, as per military protocol, until we can actually find whats left of you, you are presumed dead but also assumed to have died fighting.

@ Niccolo - Welcome to Spearbreakers. And mother of god alot of that post was quote worthy. Especially

It's a rather different brand of crazy.

You're actually trying to stay alive rather than screw over Overseer (N+1) - and yet everything's still going to pot. The game is actively defying your attempts to force order on this hellhole.

The fact you said we've crafted our own unique brand of hellishness (and bear in mind this is only the 6th turn!) Actually warms my heart..... Honestly if I had any skill with insturments of any sort I'd have tried to make a victory song for Fischer's victory and damn near solo action that she by some miracle survived.
And a sort of national anthem for this miserable dirthole.

Putting you on the dwarfing list.

Profession: Philosipher, and the title of Official (in-game) Chronicler of Spearbreakers. Let us be remembered if not in life, then long after our deaths.

@ Mitch - Awww, come on man. My forts usually run fine on the two wides, but there are an awful lot of stray animals milling about in there. Keep the dogs though. They make good meatshields. In fact, rig up attack dog land mines. And my personal rooms are all made of dirt and my crap largly made of wood I'll admit I wanted my dwarf to have a nice room as founder more than anything, but my furniture, unless someone changed it, is of subpar quality at best and made largly of wood. And dirt. Look at the room Talvi made for herself when she became overseer!

Stupid backwoods mechanic hick.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 13, 2012, 03:14:31 pm »

Splint's rant actually reminded me: am I actually dorfed or am I just playing as a (more) fictional character?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: May 13, 2012, 03:24:30 pm »

You're in there somewhere I think.

Also: Mug supplies dangerously low; MOAR MUGS

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 13, 2012, 05:42:38 pm »

Is it bad that I wanted to do a gleeful little caper?

And, yes, it is your own little brand of lunacy. I wasn't fluffing your feathers when I said that. It's... difficult to explain exactly what I mean. I wonder if there is such a term as "constructive lunacy", or if that's not too much of an oxymoron.

One question, though; candy made a wonderful, nearly-show-stopping appearance years ago. Shouldn't the fortress be up to it's asses in nobles by now? If we're actively trying to prevent senseless murders - and none of the journals have mentioned a spate of unfortunate accidents - then there should be more purple bastards running around. Which means that our nation is strangely lacking in any form of nobility.

I wonder how long ago the king carked it?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 815