Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178476 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1455 on: May 18, 2012, 12:48:10 am »

Thier heart and head aside, they're basically ambulatory sponges in many respects.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 18, 2012, 01:56:36 am »

Their heart, their head and the fact that they can tear your limbs off like your joints are made out of cheesecake.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 18, 2012, 02:08:33 am »

That's an oddly specific choice of food.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 18, 2012, 02:11:41 am »

so these are int the spearbreaker world already? if so can you put them in somehow / have them in the next fort?

also spawn aren't THAT bad, all it takes is practice :-D

giant sponges aren't fun, you can't kill them or lop bitz of them, in other words boring :-), but they are great for training on, if you know how to breathe water, or they learn how to breathe air :-)

on a side note, hav you considered giant bronze spawn dragons? now that would be something :-D or if you are feelign really masochistc candy colossi :-D
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 18, 2012, 02:21:53 am »

Me, Talvieno, and Mr Frog have been making critters and weapons and essentially the premise is that Dorf!Mr Frog would become responsible for a massive technological acceleration.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 18, 2012, 02:31:44 am »

That's an oddly specific choice of food.

Yeah, it was the first thing that came to mind that has approximately zero tensile strength.

Seriously, have you ever tried to stretch cheesecake? It does not work.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 18, 2012, 02:47:56 am »

I need an idea..... Have zero drawing inspiration cause my style of drawing lends not itself to DF.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 18, 2012, 04:17:27 am »

Year 205, the rule of Mitch
Chapter 10: The Great Preparation

Winter is coming. We're not even close to ready for the Great Plan; that which the voices in my head sent down from gods will make Spearbreakers head-to-waist greater then any fabled fortress of old. Deathgate, the fortress that conquered hell? Hah, a deceased relic. We will best the method of dropping a mountain on the heads of demons. Syrupleaf? Our land is even more hostile; with a sky that bleeds, the undead siege us and the Spawn are even greater.

The Plan is coming, and soon we will display the wrath of our gods, thousandfold.

12th Sandstone:

I've sent miners down to dig out our battlefield. I have not officially told anyone what I am doing, but the miners are starting to rumour.

Rodge has created an artifice bed, made from coal! Artifact, flammable rock are blessed to never stop burning if lit. How can we use this...? Or if we cannot, how cool would it be to have a set of smoke chimneys?

21st Sandstone:

Migrants! In the middle of a Spawn siege! Open the gate and run!

Luckily, some make it. The Spawn are on the other side of the fortress, killing the constantly re-animating dead.

Uhh, never mind. Send in the squads, protect the migrants! I want that high-master weaponsmith in here now!

Four(!) migrants make it in, the one caught by Spawn dodging in the right direction and escaping. The military took down the Spawn that got in, and the gates were sealed. Five outside were left for dead.

15th Timber:

Aha! Goblins! An enemy we can kill! Open the gates, it will be fun to watch a lot of things die that aren't us for a change... I do hope the goblins find and kill the necromancer too.

21st Timber:

What the hell?! A murderous ghost of one of the 'traders' killed a farmer! We must quickly memorialise this monster.

Goblins went on a massive zombie killing spree, yet failed to kill any necromancers. Still, it is nice to think that we're excited over the arrival of goblins, whilst others fear them.

2nd Moonstone:

Ah, I have come so far in only half a year. Our military is fully equipped with arms and armour, and I believe it is time to enact The Great Plan...

Addendum: If anyone else finds this journal, it means I have failed. Pass on overseership to Domas, he's a right-minded fellow. You're probably wondering what happened to me and the entire army of Spearbreakers; if I have indeed failed, I implore you not to go looking for us. We went to 'strike the earth', just as the gods have commanded me, like an ever-beating drum in my head. Use my journal as a guide, but do not follow my glory-hungry quest.

PS. I haven't been writing in great detail my last few pages; have been quite busy with the logistics of The Great Plan, along with a few trivialities whose mention will only waste both of our times.

Signed, with you in bouts of great insight, and bouts of great stupidity, Mitch.

OOC: Here it coooomes.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 18, 2012, 04:51:53 am »

Now I'm thoroughly intrigued as to what Mitch's scheming.  It's not magma-based, that much is certain.  I doubt it's a demon piston (tall narrow passage over multiple z-levels with a pillar of excavated rock dropping down onto them), that seems too simple and inelegant. 

What could he be planning to do?... Unless... Oh...  Oh, I think I have an idea of what's coming.  You mean to eliminate the external problem with a subterranean one, don't you, Mitch?

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 18, 2012, 08:07:29 am »

just as the gods have commanded me, like an ever-beating drum in my head..

What has me most curious is how Mitch appears to be channelling the Master. That's it, we're all fucked.

Ooh! Mitch! Is one of the dorfs bearing my name?
Check out my RtD!

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 18, 2012, 09:22:32 am »

so mitch you are weaponizing the hidden fun stuff?

Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 18, 2012, 03:30:19 pm »

He seems more hell bent on conquest than weaponization. Maybe The Master is possessing him and this is his strange mood...

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 18, 2012, 04:52:07 pm »

I just read through the whole thread. Allow me to reiterate:

Holy shit.

I gotta get me some of this. Dorf me as Eldes, Male, obsessively military (almost as psychopathic as The Master), and sign me up for a turn. I'll need to redownload .07, but I can't quite seem to wrap my head around minecarts yet anyways.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 18, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »

Welcome to the fold! Honestly we're onyl keeping it on .07 because of the minecarts. And the new mining drop rates will hurt mega projects here.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 18, 2012, 05:05:43 pm »

WHO SAID CHEESECAKE?!

can i has?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 815