Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178332 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1590 on: May 24, 2012, 03:52:30 pm »

This intended as a bump, and a posting of findings.

Humans with prior skill will routinly jump right into the sparring. All my sqauds have done this.
Going to test a fully green team of wrestlers to see if it holds true.

Oh, and Talvieno, Dorf!Mr Frog had a hand in your cavies' demises....

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 24, 2012, 04:17:51 pm »

He needed guinea pigs, you see.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 24, 2012, 04:19:49 pm »

Oh but of course!

Also, I finally got my turn on Swordthunders, and it's a fucking mess. I've opted to draft a few poor souls, set them to train, dump some shit to clear the clutter, and just leave it running unless something happens.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 24, 2012, 04:22:45 pm »

...Can we keep it slightly on-topic, at least? This is the Spearbreakers thread :p (Although, I suppose that since it's technically your thread, it's technically about whatever you want it to be... Just try to keep it reasonable, okay?)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 24, 2012, 04:31:57 pm »

I'm largly just killing time while keeping the thread active. It's as if everyone dropped off the face of the earth between updates, and that's bad.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 24, 2012, 05:01:48 pm »

Okay, definitely updating tonight. I got hacked on D3 and lost all my gold and items, so I can't go on my account until it gets rolled back by Blizz. Sorry about the lack of playtime, by the time my turn rolled around I had already quit DF for a few weeks (but I still got my wits with me  :P).
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 24, 2012, 05:12:04 pm »

Alrighty, glad to see you're alive.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 24, 2012, 08:22:37 pm »

It would be terribly difficult to mourn you via internet. Unless they brought your laptop to the funeral, then it would just be terrible awkward.

Mitch's Mom: Oh my poor baby.  :'(
DF: He sure loved murdering him some innocents.  :-\
Funeral:  :o Ah... Someone switch it off before they say something else...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 24, 2012, 08:25:59 pm »

If it comes time for my turn in any time during the next three weeks, I wish to be postponed. I don't see that happening, though. :P

(exams)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 25, 2012, 12:30:44 pm »

Mitch has managed an incredible number of updates... Even though they're dispersed over a pretty long period of time. He has everybody beat as far as updates go by at least two times.

Is Doctormonch still around, or did we decide he's disappeared?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 25, 2012, 12:31:20 pm »

Moved him tot he back of the line. Stormtemplar's next.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 25, 2012, 03:08:52 pm »

Make it so that you can SEE and raid caravans traveling between citys and make a repeating crossbow out of leather, glass, metal straps, a unarmokly large number of mechanisms and have it be even more overpowered then radioactive-mugrepetingcannons.

oh, and dwarven Calvary with TANKS.

or just ignore this.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 25, 2012, 03:34:21 pm »

We have the railgun, requiring magentite rails, iron, steel or candy barrel and housing, two metal small mechanisms for the firing mechanisms, an iron or better cated stock, and leather buttpad.

All in all, it requires a metal crafter to make most of the parts, a mechanic to make the mechaisms (or maybe a mechanism mold or something) a leatherworker to make the pad, a weaponsmith to put it all together, and on top of that it needs very specific materials to even produce.

And did I mention if it just grazes it'll break something? A dead on hit to the body will always be fatal due to cauing a rail-slug smashing you into a wall with enough force to liquify you in your skin.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 25, 2012, 04:38:13 pm »

Mitch has managed an incredible number of updates... Even though they're dispersed over a pretty long period of time. He has everybody beat as far as updates go by at least two times.

Yeah, that'd be because I've actually quit playing. I've got too many hours on this game, and I'm On Break. I have to bring myself to play DF, and even then only for this. That's also why my updates are a little... skin and bones.

Year 205, the rule of Mitch
Chapter 12: Monument

Winter; the season before spring (I am told). That means my time as overseer is... drawing. It seems strange, that after all I've done there is still more to do. So much more. The recruits are still making their foetal deer steps toward a force, I haven't even touched the marksdwarfs, not enough people are suited in adamantine... I haven't even made an insane monument to myself! I suppose I'll do that, then. But I won't tell anyone what it is. The only ones that will know will be our enemies...

3rd Moonstone:

Sus II, such as I would expect a Sus descendant to be, chose to very stupidly risk his life for a pig tail sock someone left outside. Well, thanks to my training, he came back with a couple of pairs of socks.

I have begun carving of my monument. It was rather tricky to design, and it's probably too dark down there to see it anyway. But who cares? Only the smart will be able to pick it up, and I wouldn't care for anything less.

I have discovered a giant reason for our work-load sink hole. Someone left a continuous order to construct rock doors, coffers, coffins and cabinets. Why, when we have so much, I do not understand. I've ordered that shit cancelled.

10th Moonstone:

Bombzero was caught in a cave-in, and suffocated. This is probably the most tragic thing that has happened to Spearbreakers in recent memory, actually.

13th Moonstone:

My overseership has been... relatively quiet all year. I get the feeling like my vast sanity somehow just make things not go wrong as much as all the other years. Improving conditions for Spearbreakers is what I set out to do, though, not mayhem. It looks like I have succeeded.

Goblins! I forgot to close the gate!
Greenback is fighting hard, but one of them got a good hit in. Luckily, the rest of the squad got in just in time to save him.

16th Moonstone:

Greenback died. Outside. What was he doing there? Why not in the hospital? Who knows.

On the good side, the monument, has been completed. People have noticed I've become increasingly reclusive, but perhaps that is just what overseership does to those with the drive for glory, such as myself.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 25, 2012, 04:58:45 pm »

A shame on your DF playing, but we all need a break. I spiced things up by being the first humans to assault the caverns and search for adamantine not to use, but to say they found it. Probably a first for humans, or happens rarely.

And no assault on hell? that's disappointing.

Time to add Sus II to the list of the dead. Sus, if you see this before it's buried, do you want another one? Like a cousin or something?
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 815