Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178597 times)

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1725 on: June 02, 2012, 03:35:45 pm »

The mugs must flow?
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 02, 2012, 03:38:02 pm »

Indeed they must. But stocks are probably running low.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 02, 2012, 09:31:55 pm »

Damn, I really want to write the next entry, but I'm not sure how to do it. Also, who is the broker? I have more questions, but as they come up I'll just PM Splint. So this post may be a bump in disguise. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 02, 2012, 09:35:09 pm »

Ask away bro. I got time until monday.

And unless it was changed, I should still hold the office, though I I'm not the practitioner of trade (The skill was just assigned so we'd have pricing. Dorf!Splint leaves the trading to others more skilled in the art of the deal.)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 02, 2012, 09:55:46 pm »

Splint is the manager/bookkeeper. Not the way I would've set it up, because both are full-time jobs and the manager is time-sensitive, but oh well.

E: Strange discovery, it turns out there were two of Sus II. When one died, I made a Sus III. Now there's a Sus II and III alive, the latter being in a permanent coma.

EE: Okay, for some reason the doctors just leave Sus III in that traction bench. Every time I remove the traction bench, Sus III passes out in the armoury and gets dragged back to the hospital for re-diagnosis, and re-wound cleaning. NCommander is now high-master in both thanks to this.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:09:19 pm by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 02, 2012, 10:02:39 pm »

Anyone is set to trade as I recall. And actually I combined the two so I'd be able to jump right on it if I wasn't updating records. But now that I'm on some labor intensive shit.... I dunno. If the time thing is a factor Then someone else may need to replace me, though they'll need a table and chair.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: June 02, 2012, 10:35:03 pm »

Just a quick update, because I finished off on my final month last time:

- I finished my chimney. It did not work as intended
- Barbarian siege, they're locked out killing zombies
- Accidentally power-trained NCommander
- Ran out of adamantine strands and wafers, need more
- There's a room I made to put 90 rock statues, but I didn't finish the statues. I'm smoothing the room out, do with it what you please (but the statue garden is a good idea)
- I left 2 easter eggs (mine are the ones that aren't obvious as shit). A super secret prize to whoever figures them all out!

Here's the save!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6414
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: June 02, 2012, 10:41:08 pm »

Downloading it now. I'll try and get an update in this weekend, but I don't know if I can. After that, there will have to be an update drought of a bit under two weeks and then I can update regularly. Considering the last turn was over a month I doubt it'll be a problem.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: June 02, 2012, 10:43:53 pm »

WOn't be in the slightest cause you're giving us a heads up ahead of time. Good luck!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: June 02, 2012, 10:44:25 pm »

Are you tired of my rule?
Have you grown disgruntled with my use of military might to keep the unwashed masses in line?
Then consider this:
Before my iron-fisted rule, our hospital had a 300% casualty rate. It killed people that weren't even being treated. So next time you complain about my ruthless tyranny, just remember...
I could bring the old doctors back.
Paid for by Mitch McDictator

You joke, but there was a doctor who once managed a 300% mortality rate! He was kinda psychotic...

Back before anaesthesia, doctors who could do their surgery really quickly were considered awesome. So, this one guy took it to extremes and liked to get an assistant to time him. He also tended to use a really quick slashing technique with the scalpel, which produces nice straight cuts but tended to result in his arms flailing around a little.

One time, his slashes were too much for the patient... and his flailing managed to slash the artery of a member of his audience. A third died of shock, apparently.

So, yeah.

On another note - I notice that Dorf!Niccolo the philosopher is also a soldier.

I'm now worried for the longevity of my Dorf.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:46:27 pm by Niccolo »
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: June 02, 2012, 10:48:37 pm »

Time to update the main post! And Niccolo, you should be worried. Very worried.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: June 02, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »

Dear god. What insane bastards built this hellhole. Also, how will the default Lazy noob pack textures do with this fort? The one that was preinstalled was broken for me.

Edit: never mind, that causes a fatal error. Redownloading. The dwarfs look weird in my texture pack, is there an pack that someone can give me that works, or at least a way to revert it to ascii?

Edit 2: I seem to be lacking a dwarf. There seem to be a few free, so I'll fix that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:55:38 pm by stormtemplar »

I'll take twenty!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: June 02, 2012, 10:53:05 pm »

Are you tired of my rule?
Have you grown disgruntled with my use of military might to keep the unwashed masses in line?
Then consider this:
Before my iron-fisted rule, our hospital had a 300% casualty rate. It killed people that weren't even being treated. So next time you complain about my ruthless tyranny, just remember...
I could bring the old doctors back.
Paid for by Mitch McDictator

You joke, but there was a doctor who once managed a 300% mortality rate! He was kinda psychotic...

Back before anaesthesia, doctors who could do their surgery really quickly were considered awesome. So, this one guy took it to extremes and liked to get an assistant to time him. He also tended to use a really quick slashing technique with the scalpel, which produces nice straight cuts but tended to result in his arms flailing around a little.

One time, his slashes were too much for the patient... and his flailing managed to slash the artery of a member of his audience. A third died of shock, apparently.

So, yeah.

On another note - I notice that Dorf!Niccolo the philosopher is also a soldier.

I'm now worried for the longevity of my Dorf.

I knew of said doctor, he was the inspiration for the number. :) And also, I was kinda assuming ALL our doctors were as crazy as he was.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: June 02, 2012, 10:53:24 pm »

Not in the slightest. And to answer your question, it was at one point semi-organized.

Then tradition dictated I step down from overseership.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: June 02, 2012, 11:00:36 pm »

2 things. Firstly, I need some help with the texture pack. Can someone shoot me a link to an install that'll work with it. Second, I thought the place was a cluster****. Then I looked at the third floor. Dear god.

I'll take twenty!
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 815