Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2177974 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1740 on: June 02, 2012, 11:01:59 pm »

Ooh, only five years before I take the helm!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: June 02, 2012, 11:57:47 pm »

I.... I looked at Sus' save to help out Hans....

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE TO THIS FORTRESS!? It looks like a scene out of the most pantshittingly violent slashers and war films ever devised! I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!

Jesus fucking christ what horror have I wrought on these forums with this abomination!?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: June 03, 2012, 12:01:59 am »

I've never actually encountered a 'raising' biome yet.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: June 03, 2012, 12:04:05 am »

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE TO THIS FORTRESS!? It looks like a scene out of the most pantshittingly violent slashers and war films ever devised! I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!

Jesus fucking christ what horror have I wrought on these forums with this abomination!?

Bwahahaha, this makes me so excited. Urist's update is going to be a whole heap of fun. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: June 03, 2012, 12:04:23 am »

@stormtemplar:

Not 100% sure what exactly you mean by "texture pack", but here's a quick overview of how DF graphics work (Don't worry -- it's nowhere close to as complicated as DF itself):
  • The init.txt file in DF's data\init\ folder -- which is not part of the actual fortress save (i.e. just sets how your specific install of DF works) -- determines the basic ASCII set. Anything in the game that is not a creature must use a tile from a single .png or .bmp file in the art\ folder; init.txt is where you set which file to use. If you want to revert to basic ASCII, just change the filenames for both windowed and fullscreen mode to the default curses_800x600.bmp file (the relevant tags are near the top, so it shouldn't be too hard to find -- just look for something like "mytileset.png"). If you want to use a different tileset, download it *cough*linkinmysig*cough*, put it in the art\ folder, and set the image file thingies to that file's name.
  • In the init.txt file, there is a tag saying something like [GRAPHICS:foo]. Setting it to [GRAPHICS:NO] will stop the game from trying to use special graphics for the creatures, period, which I suspect is the source of the crash (as there's been some modding).
  • colors.txt, in the same folder as init.txt, controls the game's color scheme.
  • In the Spearbreakers save folder, next to the raws, there is a folder called graphics\. This is where the graphics for that save are stored. Installing graphics packs into DF's main data\graphics\ folder -- which I'm assuming most installers do -- will not do anything unless you gen a new world, because the stuff in the actual Spearbreakers folder is still the same. To put creature graphics in Spearbreakers, you'll have to drop the files straight into its graphics folder.

@Splint:

I know; ain't it beautiful?

@Reudh:

Lucky bastard. *PTSD flashback*
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: June 03, 2012, 12:17:50 am »

Right. Sorry was getting DF and minecraft mixed up, they call the equivalent  in minecraft texture packs. My graphics are buggy (Dwarfs and walls are weird) so I'm going to try to mess around a bit, but if someone can provide me with a modified version of any of the graphics things I can just drag and drop it would be great.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: June 03, 2012, 12:21:17 am »

Can you maybe PM me a screenshot of the bugged graphics as well as a copypaste of your init.txt? I might be able to help more then.

UPDATE: Okay, so after playing Tech Support Guy (just one of my many personas!) for a bit I have confirmed that I have no bloody clue what the problem is and that storm should ask someone who does :-\
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:35:17 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 03, 2012, 01:44:11 am »

Could always try the modding forum.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 03, 2012, 01:51:41 am »

2 things. Firstly, I need some help with the texture pack. Can someone shoot me a link to an install that'll work with it. Second, I thought the place was a cluster****. Then I looked at the third floor. Dear god.

Uhh, I wouldn't do that if I were you. Even I wanted to use a texture pack, but needed to settle with default. Inputting a texture pack breaks the textures somewhat, and you can't change back to default. There's a program to set it 'properly' from default to texture, but not a way to change back.

I've never actually encountered a 'raising' biome yet.

That was a necro siege, actually.

Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 03, 2012, 02:20:26 am »

I took over for a quick moment. Fischer was not happy to see that necromancer. Completly wrecked his shit.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: June 03, 2012, 10:15:25 am »

What's worse, the soldiers seem to priorize "killing" zombified hair over trying and hunting down the necromancer raising it.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 03, 2012, 02:27:47 pm »

Actually, Fischer was more than happy to maul the necromancer when I told her to kill him.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 03, 2012, 04:25:59 pm »

I will say this: Mitch did a good job fixing things up. It's still a hellhole, but it's a manageable one. Good news: I've been forced to use ASCII. I can do so, but I usually don't. In a fort this complex? Armok help us all.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: June 03, 2012, 04:31:02 pm »

Glad to see you're up and running man. Can't wait for the first update!

And when the update drought hits, it'll be creative time for the rest of us to pass time till he gets back.

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: June 03, 2012, 06:06:00 pm »

So tell me the truth - will this fort still be here 13 years from now when my turn comes up? Or will the only occupants be the ever-raising hair?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 815